Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Nevada Governor Issues Proclamation Declaring Racism A Public Health Crisis…
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Nevada Governor Issues Proclamation Declaring Racism A Public Health Crisis…
Quote:CARSON CITY, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — Gov. Steve Sisolak issued a proclamation to formally name racism as a public health crisis today.

“Institutional and systemic racism has gone on far too long in this country and in this State. Based on research, we are taking a proactive approach in joining fellow leaders around the country to declare racism as a public health crisis, “ said Governor Steve Sisolak. “I am grateful to be joined by the Nevada Legislature in recognizing that racism manifests in measurable ways, including in public health. I look forward to working with Nevada leaders and the Office of Minority Health and Equity on this critical issue.”

According to the governor's office, experts and studies have shown that negative social determinants, with racism being at the forefront, have adversely impacted the health of minority communities. This has also been demonstrated in many forms including inequitable access to mental health services and a lack of educational and career opportunities, among many others.

With this proclamation, Nevada joins other state and local governments that have passed or are considering similar declarations to raise awareness and with the goal of instigating long-term change across all sectors of government, including education, housing, and criminal justice.

Link

COVID has proven that a "public health issue" can be used to circumvent the Constitution. Racism will now be handled like a "virus"... whatever a local politician says you must do, you must do... for public health reasons.
08-06-2020 03:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Nevada Governor Issues Proclamation Declaring Racism A Public Health Crisis…
This crap can't possibly stand up in the courts

can it?
08-06-2020 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Nevada Governor Issues Proclamation Declaring Racism A Public Health Crisis…
Well, gangs are a public health crisis, killing more young black men than all other causes combined. I’ll wait for the proclamation.
08-06-2020 03:16 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Gretchen did the same thing in Michigan the other day. I'm curious how she & this NV governor are planning on fixing it.
08-06-2020 06:46 PM
Advertisement

Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Man, they'll do just about anything to make sure Blacks stay on the plantation. I believe a lot more will vote for Trump than people can comprehend.

Sent from my LG-H932 using CSNbbs mobile app
08-07-2020 05:00 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Hallelujah, this will fix racism! Why didn't someone think of this sooner?
08-07-2020 05:59 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Personally, I think Democrats are the real public health crisis.
08-07-2020 06:14 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(08-06-2020 03:13 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  This crap can't possibly stand up in the courts

can it?
Courts appear to be compromised or rigged.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
08-07-2020 06:19 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
So what is the practical effect of this? Does it have any more legal consequence than a governor's proclamation that today is "Joe Blow Day"?

Looks like so much political grandstanding.
08-07-2020 07:16 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

(08-07-2020 07:16 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  So what is the practical effect of this? Does it have any more legal consequence than a governor's proclamation that today is "Joe Blow Day"?

Looks like so much political grandstanding.

Apparently they can make any mandates they want under the guise of a “crisis”
08-07-2020 07:24 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Every morning when I wake up I thank God that I made another day. Then I watch a little news and I thank God that I live in Montgomery County, Texas.
08-07-2020 07:36 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
These are all test runs for what they REALLY want to do. Look for guns to be a health crisis in the near future. No matter how small the liberty being taken, they are all worth fighting for.
08-07-2020 07:54 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Is this guy the brother of Moe Sisolak from "The Simpsons"?
08-07-2020 08:28 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
FUUUUUK!

Can someone please tell me exactly what SYSTEMIC RACISM is? Maybe I just live in Mayberry....

That sounds to me like it is some form of public policy by white people to keep all POC down. Or is it some very large and widespread secret society that I have never ever heard of in my 50+ years that is running our country and marionetting corporations and government officials to keep POC under their thumbs? I mean I am a 50+ year old Middle Class white guy, I also have a C-Suite job - I am THE prototype to be recruited into this culture and I have NEVER EVER heard of anything like this. WTF?
08-07-2020 08:31 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

(08-07-2020 08:31 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  FUUUUUK!

Can someone please tell me exactly what SYSTEMIC RACISM is? Maybe I just live in Mayberry....

That sounds to me like it is some form of public policy by white people to keep all POC down. Or is it some very large and widespread secret society that I have never ever heard of in my 50+ years that is running our country and marionetting corporations and government officials to keep POC under their thumbs? I mean I am a 50+ year old Middle Class white guy, I also have a C-Suite job - I am THE prototype to be recruited into this culture and I have NEVER EVER heard of anything like this. WTF?

Exactly
08-07-2020 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.