Exclamation Keep Memphis Roaring - COVID Plan
08-06-2020 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Keep Memphis Roaring - COVID Plan
Things to be aware of. If you do not make a selection by August 19th, they’re going to select option 1 for you in the 6 foot scenario, but choose to “donate” your season tickets and give you a single game ticket in the 12 foot scenario.
08-06-2020 10:24 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Keep Memphis Roaring - COVID Plan
(08-06-2020 10:05 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  Tons of details here:
https://gotigersgo.com/news/2020/8/6/gen...aring.aspx

[Image: 4HAPPPW.png]

But are they going to tell us where we would be sitting under each of these options to enable us to make an informed decision?
08-06-2020 10:25 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2020 10:25 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  

But are they going to tell us where we would be sitting under each of these options to enable us to make an informed decision?

I doubt it... They won’t know where people are sitting until everyone has decided their options.
08-06-2020 10:25 AM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(08-06-2020 10:25 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  

I doubt it... They won’t know where people are sitting until everyone has decided their options.

there are no bad seats at the liberty bowl

clean views from every where

not like those old sec stadiums
08-06-2020 10:34 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Since they want everyone to accept option one, they should easily be able to give us a worst case location with the information they already have for each of the distances. Instead they want us to accept option one, then later tell us we are sitting on the last row in the stadium. Not well thought out process, if they want our money & or support, they should be fair with us by making a best effort determination of where we would sit. Many folks buy season tickets to insure a specific location, many of those for health reasons. To blindly accept an unknown is just a lazy way to approach this.
08-06-2020 10:35 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-06-2020 10:34 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  

There are some very bad seats for those who have general health limitations & who buy season tickets specifically to be assured of specific locations of access.
08-06-2020 10:38 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

Here's the kicker... The default currently is the 12-foot scenario (where you get to go to one game), and they HOPE that we can get to the 6-foot scenario:

Quote:As we have shared with you previously, it is our goal to accommodate every season ticket holder. You have been with us through thick and thin, and we want to honor your loyalty. While plans for the Memphis Tigers 2020 football season are moving forward, stadium capacity will be diminished to meet safety guidelines. Health department authorities require 12-feet of social distancing between season ticket accounts. That requirement may well hold throughout the entire football season. However, it is also possible that the required distance may be reduced to 6-feet between accounts.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 10:48 AM by aardWolf.)
08-06-2020 10:47 AM
TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
Why not refund the difference in seat prices? I.e. if you pay for a chair back and get moved to a bleacher seat, you should get the difference refunded to you. That is a significant downgrade.
08-06-2020 10:52 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-06-2020 10:47 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  Here's the kicker... The default currently is the 12-foot scenario (where you get to go to one game), and they HOPE that we can get to the 6-foot scenario:

Quote:As we have shared with you previously, it is our goal to accommodate every season ticket holder. You have been with us through thick and thin, and we want to honor your loyalty. While plans for the Memphis Tigers 2020 football season are moving forward, stadium capacity will be diminished to meet safety guidelines. Health department authorities require 12-feet of social distancing between season ticket accounts. That requirement may well hold throughout the entire football season. However, it is also possible that the required distance may be reduced to 6-feet between accounts.

So you are understanding that a 12 ft requirement would result in season ticket holders only attending one game yet a 6ft limitations accommodates all season ticket holders? Doesn't make sense....
08-06-2020 10:53 AM
TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
Also the 12 foot option in an outdoor arena where COVID is 19 times less likely to spread is absurd, but I understand the athletic dept has no control over this.

Even the 6 ft option is questionable IMO. Require masks to be worn most of the time is all that is really needed in an outdoor environment.
08-06-2020 10:54 AM
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2020 10:53 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 10:47 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  Here's the kicker... The default currently is the 12-foot scenario (where you get to go to one game), and they HOPE that we can get to the 6-foot scenario:

So you are understanding that a 12 ft requirement would result in season ticket holders only attending one game yet a 6ft limitations accommodates all season ticket holders? Doesn't make sense....

I know it doesn't, but that's what the form says for the 12 ft scenario. It's actually "at least one game".

Quote:Scenario 1:
- 6-feet social distancing in Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.
- All season ticket holders accommodated for all games.
- Options: Opt-In or Opt-Out
- If season is disrupted or cancelled, donors will have option to donate, credit or refund ticket contributions and donate or credit TSF per seat donations.

Scenario 2:
- 12-feet social distancing in Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.
- Season ticket holders NOT accommodated for all games.
- Options: Donate, Credit, Refund
- Season ticket holders selecting “Donate” will receive their same number of tickets up to 8 for at least one game.
- If season is disrupted or cancelled, the selections made in the Scenario 2 section are final and will be how contributions are allocated.
08-06-2020 10:56 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

HUGE ISSUE:
The form itself says that you have until Sept 1 to fill it out. The email says it's August 19th. I'd decide by August 19th to be safe.
08-06-2020 11:01 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
Has anyone here received the email directly yet? I have not.
08-06-2020 11:06 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2020 11:06 AM)Bill83 Wrote:  Has anyone here received the email directly yet? I have not.

I’ve gotten at least three emails today, plus a couple for Stadium Club only
08-06-2020 11:08 AM
tigerdave84701112 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
So stupid. Don't get close to each other. Instead, cancel your tickets and have gatherings at home with more people closer. Make sense.
08-06-2020 11:09 AM
Advertisement

Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(08-06-2020 11:08 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 11:06 AM)Bill83 Wrote:  Has anyone here received the email directly yet? I have not.

I’ve gotten at least three emails today, plus a couple for Stadium Club only

Thanks, they have both my work and personal emails but nada.
Checked spam folders.
I'm in the box seat group.
08-06-2020 11:11 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon

If they require even 6 feet between accounts, I am assuming we don't have to wear masks? We will be properly socially distanced at that point.
08-06-2020 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerdave84701112 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
What policing will be done to maintain the 6 foot distance? This is absurd.
08-06-2020 11:28 AM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(08-06-2020 10:38 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 10:34 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  

There are some very bad seats for those who have general health limitations & who buy season tickets specifically to be assured of specific locations of access.

That’s one if my concerns. I have arthritic ankles and my seats are very near my parking spot. Can’t walk long distances with out ankles giving out.
08-06-2020 11:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.