Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

If the PACXII players get their demands then
Bookmark and Share
Keeper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Exclamation If the PACXII players get their demands then
Coaches will make less money, but players will get paid. If this happens those lower paid coaches will become the best recruiters. They will be able to offer more than a scholarship to the players. The best players will gravitate to the PAC which will become the dominant conference and greedy bastards like the Bama coach will have to try to make it in the NFL where most of them will fail. College football and all other college athletics will be changed for the better.
08-04-2020 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: If the PACXII players get their demands then
And if the players get paid, then the NCAA will ban them from playing the other conferences.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 05:40 PM by aardWolf.)
08-04-2020 05:40 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2020 05:40 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  And if the players get paid, then the NCAA will ban them from playing the other conferences.

And punish memphis
08-04-2020 05:53 PM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
If coaches were to make less money, what’s to keep the good ones from being poached to higher paying jobs elsewhere? Yeah, maybe the PAC12 will then really fall even further below the P5 (P4 now...) and the AAC gets the leg up to be in the big boy club.

Losing their coaches to better paying jobs makes them just like us. Welcome to our world, suckers!
08-04-2020 06:15 PM
Tiger Joe Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Mayhem
(08-04-2020 05:53 PM)holyterror Wrote:  
(08-04-2020 05:40 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  And if the players get paid, then the NCAA will ban them from playing the other conferences.

And punish memphis

LOL. Guaranteed!!!
08-04-2020 06:23 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(08-04-2020 05:32 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Coaches will make less money, but players will get paid. If this happens those lower paid coaches will become the best recruiters. They will be able to offer more than a scholarship to the players. The best players will gravitate to the PAC which will become the dominant conference and greedy bastards like the Bama coach will have to try to make it in the NFL where most of them will fail. College football and all other college athletics will be changed for the better.

The $EC would say “hold my beer.”
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 08:54 PM by Browning Hall.)
08-04-2020 08:54 PM
Advertisement

uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(08-04-2020 05:32 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Coaches will make less money, but players will get paid. If this happens those lower paid coaches will become the best recruiters. They will be able to offer more than a scholarship to the players. The best players will gravitate to the PAC which will become the dominant conference and greedy bastards like the Bama coach will have to try to make it in the NFL where most of them will fail. College football and all other college athletics will be changed for the better.

BS.
08-04-2020 10:34 PM
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

The best coaches just move on to the other conferences and the Pac 12 becomes a G-6 conference. The players are just cutting their own throats.
08-05-2020 04:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
(08-04-2020 10:34 PM)uskjtc02 Wrote:  

BS.

Yeah, someone needs an economics lesson. The better the product, the more money it makes. It's well understood that the coach makes the college program.

Cut Saban's salary and see what happens. Bet we see him in Michigan blue the next year! And with a pay raise.
08-05-2020 07:40 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

Did players going from HS to NBA kill NCAA bball? NO. NCAA doesn't need big name players.

Let those players walk. Call their bluff. Game on!
08-05-2020 07:42 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

They are wanting 50% of REVENUES. It ain't happening. It CANNOT happen. The sport would go bankrupt.
08-05-2020 11:37 AM
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2020 11:37 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  They are wanting 50% of REVENUES. It ain't happening. It CANNOT happen. The sport would go bankrupt.

Plus they'd be "pro" and couldn't compete in the NCAA. So the other conferences would have to break with the NCAA just to be able to play the PAC12.

And they want all of this to happen in the next two weeks.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 12:00 PM by aardWolf.)
08-05-2020 12:00 PM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2020 12:00 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 11:37 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  They are wanting 50% of REVENUES. It ain't happening. It CANNOT happen. The sport would go bankrupt.

Plus they'd be "pro" and couldn't compete in the NCAA. So the other conferences would have to break with the NCAA just to be able to play the PAC12.

And they want all of this to happen in the next two weeks.

I don't blame them for trying, but they're pissing away the best years of their life. They don't have a leg to stand on.
08-06-2020 08:46 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Just the opposite of some views here. If the players were to get anything like they are asking the PAC will eventually be playing FCS football.
08-06-2020 10:44 AM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
The education at a Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, r very costly, IKE's much sort after opinion is take your scholly
Earn your degree and then make your money and a few of these Dudes might get lucky and play on Sundays
Good luck in your decision but the Dudes on the street think you're KORAZZZZI to give up that life.
08-06-2020 03:20 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

Players win games. The PACXii can play a 10 game conference schedule and the TV money will still be there. the players will get half of the profit not half of the revenue. No coach ever won a game. Hell they aren't even dressed out. You all could be right, just as likely you all are wrong.
08-06-2020 06:58 PM
Advertisement

SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(08-06-2020 06:58 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Players win games. The PACXii can play a 10 game conference schedule and the TV money will still be there. the players will get half of the profit not half of the revenue. No coach ever won a game. Hell they aren't even dressed out. You all could be right, just as likely you all are wrong.

Are you really suggesting coaches do not matter?
08-07-2020 07:00 AM
ncrdbl1 Online
Legend

(08-06-2020 06:58 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Players win games. The PACXii can play a 10 game conference schedule and the TV money will still be there. the players will get half of the profit not half of the revenue. No coach ever won a game. Hell they aren't even dressed out. You all could be right, just as likely you all are wrong.

Have you taken a cognitive test lately?
08-07-2020 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-07-2020 07:00 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Are you really suggesting coaches do not matter?

It tracks with the logic on his previous posts.
08-07-2020 08:01 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

It's spreading... MWC is next.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...ons-safety
Quote:Mountain West players followed similar groups from the Pac-12 and Big Ten in outlining their demands. They began posting a graphic Thursday night on Twitter with the hashtag #MWUnited.

The players praised their coaches for adjusting to the pandemic, but said they "do not feel comfortable playing teams from other states."
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020 09:08 AM by aardWolf.)
08-07-2020 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.