Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What will CUSA do about scheduling non- conference this FB season?
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
What will CUSA do about scheduling non- conference this FB season?
If CUSA is committed to a certain number of non-conference games Sun Belt and CUSA ADs need to be talking
07-30-2020 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: What will CUSA do about scheduling non- conference this FB season?
Each C-USA team will play 8 conference games and they can play as many OOC games as they want, even another C-USA team if they want. Good decision.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/statu...8402263041
07-30-2020 06:13 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

That is a good decision. The word is the Belt will issue a “ 1 size fits all” plan
07-30-2020 06:34 PM
inutech Offline
All American

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Wh...49058765_1

I found this interesting. Explains why Georgia/Georgia Tech isn't being played (or Florida/FSU, Clemson/SC, etc) vs Georgia/Missouri which in theory involves more travel/risk/cost.
07-30-2020 06:47 PM
Advertisement

Tintin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
I’m rooting for Charlotte to play a home and home against Elon.

Free wins, no buy game, local, covers 2 spots on the schedule
07-30-2020 06:51 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(07-30-2020 06:47 PM)inutech Wrote:  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Wh...49058765_1

I found this interesting. Explains why Georgia/Georgia Tech isn't being played (or Florida/FSU, Clemson/SC, etc) vs Georgia/Missouri which in theory involves more travel/risk/cost.

Flex dates will be important and the CUSA plan, while fine if all goes well, does not provide for flex dates.
07-30-2020 06:53 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

Hoping we'll still get the owls of CUSA East in Paulson Stadium.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2020 06:59 PM by EigenEagle.)
07-30-2020 06:59 PM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Id like to get ecu or app on the schedule. Preferably ecu as it would be an easier win.
07-30-2020 07:02 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
Wait, did CUSA just make a right decision?? Im not used to such things... I think this was the best call. UNT could potentially save our SMU and Houston games if the AAC lets them.
07-30-2020 07:26 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(07-30-2020 06:59 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Hoping we'll still get the owls of CUSA East in Paulson Stadium.

Don’t see why we wouldn’t. My son and I will be heading up.
07-30-2020 08:12 PM
Advertisement

inutech Offline
All American

(07-30-2020 07:26 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Wait, did CUSA just make a right decision?? Im not used to such things... I think this was the best call. UNT could potentially save our SMU and Houston games if the AAC lets them.

I think we won't know if it's the right decision or not for quite a while (probably the end of the season).

The flex date thing that the SEC seems to be focused on could become a factor (or of course, it might not). If there are no team outbreaks and the whole season more or less gets played, then CUSA probably made the best decision under the circumstances. And if like half the season gets canceled, it isn't really going to matter what we did - I don't think 4 conference games + 2 OOC is significantly "worse" of a season than a conference only 6 conference games (I mean, I guess you could crown a champion based off of that, but I doubt anyone would).

On the other hand, if a CUSA team plays an FCS team who has been following a less rigid protocol and then has to cancel a conference game the next week because of an outbreak. Or there is a brief 3 week shut down mid-season and we lose conference games without the time to make them up. Or there is a flare up traced back to a long travel situation. . .

then it was the wrong choice. But I think what they've chosen is probably fairly reasonable under the circumstances.
07-31-2020 08:38 AM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(07-31-2020 08:38 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(07-30-2020 07:26 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Wait, did CUSA just make a right decision?? Im not used to such things... I think this was the best call. UNT could potentially save our SMU and Houston games if the AAC lets them.

I think we won't know if it's the right decision or not for quite a while (probably the end of the season).

The flex date thing that the SEC seems to be focused on could become a factor (or of course, it might not). If there are no team outbreaks and the whole season more or less gets played, then CUSA probably made the best decision under the circumstances. And if like half the season gets canceled, it isn't really going to matter what we did - I don't think 4 conference games + 2 OOC is significantly "worse" of a season than a conference only 6 conference games (I mean, I guess you could crown a champion based off of that, but I doubt anyone would).

On the other hand, if a CUSA team plays an FCS team who has been following a less rigid protocol and then has to cancel a conference game the next week because of an outbreak. Or there is a brief 3 week shut down mid-season and we lose conference games without the time to make them up. Or there is a flare up traced back to a long travel situation. . .

then it was the wrong choice. But I think what they've chosen is probably fairly reasonable under the circumstances.

Make sure to cover all bases or not. I like someone who just takes a stand whether I agree or not, or may I don't.

It's the right decision, planning to play a 12 game schedule. Not being able to is a different matter. I believe the SEC will be playing until Dec 19th...I think we can use that as a flex of the schedule or not.
07-31-2020 09:14 AM
Saint3333 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
(07-30-2020 07:02 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Id like to get ecu or app on the schedule. Preferably ecu as it would be an easier win.

The three should sign a deal, that way everyone gets two games, one at home.

I'd prefer ECU in Boone, App at UNCC, UNCC at ECU.
07-31-2020 09:21 AM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Good decision by C-USA. This allows a lot of flexibility. One thing. If you get a new game on the schedule with a G5 make sure you get a H-H (not in the same year). Some of these teams who have been difficult to schedule in the past should be locked into a two game series. Also throw a future basketball H-H into the deal.
07-31-2020 02:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.