Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any chance Biden withdraws at the Convention?
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Any chance Biden withdraws at the Convention?
Day by day Biden’s mental/cognitive decline becomes more obvious, more undeniable, more painful and cringeworthy to observe. Does anyone think it possible that we get to the Convention “in” Milwaukee and he steps aside? Allows the delegates to pick who they want?

Especially if the delegates have already voted for Biden on the first ballot, they would be legally free to support anyone they want on the second ballot if Biden steps down. They might be obligated to support their pledged candidate (Sanders or Buttigieg or whoever) if Biden stepped down before the first ballot.

I know that is a crazy scenario worthy (or should I say, unworthy?) of Allen Drury, but I just can’t quite believe that the rest of the party-leaders (donors, fundraisers, down-ballot candidates, consultants, the Clintons and Obamas, etc.) are going to just quietly nod their heads and go through with this.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 08:00 PM by Native Georgian.)
07-22-2020 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Any chance Biden withdraws at the Convention?
I think a few things are possible.

He could withdraw at the convention. That's a possibility.

He might withdraw after it is too late to change the ballots. This would throw the entire election into chaos - exactly what the left wants anyway.

He might die after being nominated to the same effect as above.

He might step down immediately if elected.

He might be removed as incompetent immediately after being sworn in.

We'll see. I expect the worse. The Democrats are going to do something to make this election unacceptable and then rip the country apart protesting.
07-22-2020 08:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-22-2020 07:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Day by day Biden’s mental/cognitive decline becomes more obvious, more undeniable, more painful and cringeworthy to observe. Does anyone think it possible that we get to the Convention “in” Milwaukee and he steps aside? Allows the delegates to pick who they want?

Especially if the delegates have already voted for Biden on the first ballot, they would be legally free to support anyone they want on the second ballot if Biden steps down. They might be obligated to support their pledged candidate (Sanders or Buttigieg or whoever) if Biden stepped down before the first ballot.

I know that is a crazy scenario worthy (or should I say, unworthy?) of Allen Drury, but I just can’t quite believe that the rest of the party-leaders (donors, fundraisers, down-ballot candidates, consultants, the Clintons and Obamas, etc.) are going to just quietly nod their heads and go through with this.

Never say never, but there's no way in hell the Dem's will remove him from the ticket unless they absolutely have to do so. Right now he's the Trojan Horse for whoever they select as the V.P. and they don't have any others who could garner the support of Biden. So they are going to ride him lathered up and foaming at the mouth until he drops dead on the trail. Right now the Dems are just praying that it's the trail that ends right after the election.
07-22-2020 08:34 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
If he withdraws before the convention the delegates get to decide.

If he withdraws after he is nominated then I'm assuming DNC leadership would get to decide
07-22-2020 08:42 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
if could bet "falls climbing stairs" for +5000, that'd be muh guy...
07-22-2020 08:51 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(07-22-2020 08:34 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 07:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Day by day Biden’s mental/cognitive decline becomes more obvious, more undeniable, more painful and cringeworthy to observe. Does anyone think it possible that we get to the Convention “in” Milwaukee and he steps aside? Allows the delegates to pick who they want?

Never say never, but there's no way in hell the Dem's will remove him from the ticket unless they absolutely have to do so. Right now he's the Trojan Horse for whoever they select as the V.P. and they don't have any others who could garner the support of Biden. So they are going to ride him lathered up and foaming at the mouth until he drops dead on the trail. Right now the Dems are just praying that it's the trail that ends right after the election.

Still that seems like such a tough sell to claim:
"We had no idea all this time about Joe's mental decline but now that we do, we have to act in his and the country's best interests." Who would possibly believe that they are just figuring this out for the first time in the next few months?

Then again, I mean they can't just say the truth: "it's been obvious for a long time that Joe is slowing way down and is probably unlikely to live through the next term much less do so with anything resembling acceptable mental competence. So we've been planning this shift in power all along but kept our mouths shut publicly and to the American voters." That seems like such a blatant FU to the country.

Of course they'll have the MSM covering for them either way, but I just don't see how they can pull off a voluntary switcheroo that makes the whole situation acceptable to the public. Joe's going to have to take one for the team and get at least hospitalized for something serious before they make a move.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 09:04 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
07-22-2020 09:02 PM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-22-2020 09:02 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  

"We had no idea all this time about Joe's mental decline but now that we do, we have to act in his and the country's best interests." Who would possibly believe that they are just figuring this out for the first time in the next few months?

Then again, I mean they can't just say the truth: "it's been obvious for a long time that Joe is slowing way down and is probably unlikely to live through the next term much less do so with anything resembling acceptable mental competence. So we've been planning this shift in power all along but kept our mouths shut publicly and to the American voters." That seems like such a blatant FU to the country.

Of course they'll have the MSM covering for them either way, but I just don't see how they can pull off a voluntary switcheroo that makes the whole situation acceptable to the public. Joe's going to have to take one for the team and get at least hospitalized for something serious before they make a move.

I keep remembering Obama saying, "Joe, you don't have to do this."
07-22-2020 09:08 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-22-2020 09:02 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  

All they need do is ride it out and sometime after the inauguration have this headline, "Pres. Biden Taken to Walter Reid, Stroke Feared!"
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020 09:09 PM by JRsec.)
07-22-2020 09:09 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
No.

But they may try to get him out when he falls on his face in the fall.
07-22-2020 10:53 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
(07-22-2020 07:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Day by day Biden’s mental/cognitive decline becomes more obvious, more undeniable, more painful and cringeworthy to observe.

Proof?
07-23-2020 05:50 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Overriding the votes of the people and just allowing the elites to make the decision...?

Sounds very democrat-like.
07-23-2020 05:58 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(07-23-2020 05:50 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  
(07-22-2020 07:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Day by day Biden’s mental/cognitive decline becomes more obvious, more undeniable, more painful and cringeworthy to observe.

Proof?

Proof?
You obviously don’t have experience dealing with older folks with Dementia. Alzheimer’s is a type of Dementia

Here are the early signs:

Memory loss. ...
Difficulty planning or solving problems. ...
Difficulty doing familiar tasks. ...
Being confused about time or place. ...
Challenges understanding visual information. ...
Problems speaking or writing. ...
Misplacing things. ...
Poor judgment or decision-making....

Sadly many of us could assign instances where Joe exhibited some of these just in video we are allowed to see.

His symptoms will get worse as he is stressed.
07-23-2020 06:07 AM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian

Proof?

what kind of proof do you want? There's already an empirical amount out there that you apparently don't want to believe. So, why are you asking for more?

Just admit it: he's a senile, bigoted, Jim Crow era racist, do-nothing with FIFTY years in DC with nothing to show for it, but you're still going to vote for him simply because he's a Democrat, regardless of his history and record.
07-23-2020 06:07 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Proof?
Just turn on the tele

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
07-23-2020 06:17 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(07-23-2020 06:17 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

Proof?
Just turn on the tele

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ohio is one of them uninformed voters that vote blue no matter who. You could put a pile of horse manure in a suit on the ballot, and as long as there was a D behind the name, it has Ohio's vote.
07-23-2020 06:38 AM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
(07-23-2020 06:07 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

Proof?

Proof?
You obviously don’t have experience dealing with older folks with Dementia. Alzheimer’s is a type of Dementia

Memory loss. ...
Misplacing things. ...

Sadly many of us could assign instances where Joe exhibited some of these just in video we are allowed to see.

Wow, our stable genius president is losing by 12 points in the polls to a person with all that. It's very telling..
07-23-2020 06:45 AM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater

Proof?

Open your eyes, take your hands off your ears and stop saying "lalalalalalalala" when you see Joe on TV and/or Youtube videos...
07-23-2020 06:49 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(07-23-2020 06:45 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  
(07-23-2020 06:07 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

Proof?

Proof?

Memory loss. ...
Misplacing things. ...

Wow, our stable genius president is losing by 12 points in the polls to a person with all that. It's very telling..

So it went right over your head. Joe’s condition goes way beyond politics.
07-23-2020 07:23 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern

Proof?

The increasing frequency of dumb and/or incoherent things he's saying, as well as the fact that party insiders have also been concerned about it?
07-23-2020 08:30 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
They think because he can still read off a teleprompter he's still lucid
07-23-2020 08:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.