Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Trump is our president" is a firing offense?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
"Trump is our president" is a firing offense?
https://freebeacon.com/campus/mi-school-...ssion=true

"A Michigan school district fired a popular high school teacher and coach after he pointed out that "Trump is our president" on social media.

Varsity baseball coach and social studies teacher Justin Kucera said Walled Lake school district officials hauled him into a closed-door meeting after he indicated his support for President Trump's speech to reopen schools. He told the Washington Free Beacon the Walled Lake Western principal and district superintendent gave him an ultimatum: be fired or resign...."
07-21-2020 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: "Trump is our president" is a firing offense?
Major law suits coming soon
07-21-2020 01:16 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Unless there is something in that teachers employment contract that forbids such a thing?...then No. I hope he sues the living hell out of that school district.
07-21-2020 01:19 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Is it a work at will state?
07-21-2020 01:19 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-21-2020 01:19 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Unless there is something in that teachers employment contract that forbids such a thing?...then No. I hope he sues the living hell out of that school district.

Truly the people of that District should demand the immediate termination of the principal and any who took part in the firing. If state education officials come to their rescue then the people of the District need to urge the citizens of the state to demand their removal too.

That's how you deal with these matters. I'm sure that District has an elected school board.

But truly if we don't want the ardent leftists teaching our children, abrogating the rights of teachers granted to them in a free society, then the NEA needs to be disbanded and all control over education returned to the counties and parishes.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 01:53 PM by JRsec.)
07-21-2020 01:51 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-21-2020 01:19 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Is it a work at will state?

What does that have to do with it. At will does not mean you can break the law or your own hr manual.

Come on. Surely you know this
07-21-2020 01:53 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest

Yes..but we are not talking about the private sector. It is usually not easy to fire an experienced teacher anywhere in the country. Usually they just don't have their contracts renewed if they want to get rid of them. Michigan's teachers union is the 3rd largest in the country also. There may be some character clause in this guys contract that would enable him being fired..but without that? This looks very much like something headed for legal arbitration.
07-21-2020 01:58 PM
banker Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Where's that powerful teachers union we always hear about? Why aren't they sticking up for their members? Sue them too if you paid dues?
07-21-2020 01:59 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

(07-21-2020 01:59 PM)banker Wrote:  Where's that powerful teachers union we always hear about? Why aren't they sticking up for their members? Sue them too if you paid dues?
Michigan let's you opt out of the union.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
07-21-2020 02:05 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

(07-21-2020 01:53 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

What does that have to do with it. At will does not mean you can break the law or your own hr manual.

Come on. Surely you know this

I'd have to see their HR manual then. Them firing the guy is probably not against the law unless there is a specific Michigan law.
07-21-2020 02:08 PM
banker Online
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2020 02:05 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
(07-21-2020 01:59 PM)banker Wrote:  Where's that powerful teachers union we always hear about? Why aren't they sticking up for their members? Sue them too if you paid dues?
Michigan let's you opt out of the union.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hence "if he paid dues". Ohio does also, my wife opted out years ago because the union did nothing for the rank and file.
07-21-2020 02:08 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
First of all, what he posted was true. Secondly, the school district is not allowing his First Amendment right to free speech. If he had done it in a school related action then they have a right to disallow political talk whether Republican or Demoncrap if it's in his contract but he didn't so they're guilty of upending his free speech rights.

He should sue and petition to remove these Commies from having that type of power through legal action.

These Commies are over stepping their bounds. We need to stop them by any means excepting violence.
07-21-2020 02:09 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Even if it is, if that was the reason giving for his firing it's illegal. They could have given 100 different reasons, but political affiliation isn't legal.
07-21-2020 02:12 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(07-21-2020 02:12 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

Even if it is, if that was the reason giving for his firing it's illegal. They could have given 100 different reasons, but political affiliation isn't legal.

Yes..I have fired dozen of workers over the years but it always on job performance not politics.
07-21-2020 02:14 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
odd. If that's really the tweet they fired him over I don't get it.

Donald Trump is my President as I'm an American and he's the sitting US President. That's a simple fact. I mean, I don't like it and it makes me want to see the Democrats do better at appealing to independent voters but that's another story. Also, I can understand a teacher supporting a position of lets get the schools back open...I don't totally agree, but I get it.

maybe when they called him in to talk about it he started ranting or something...or maybe the school just overreacted.

just odd.
07-21-2020 02:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-21-2020 02:09 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  First of all, what he posted was true. Secondly, the school district is not allowing his First Amendment right to free speech. If he had done it in a school related action then they have a right to disallow political talk whether Republican or Demoncrap if it's in his contract but he didn't so they're guilty of upending his free speech rights.

He should sue and petition to remove these Commies from having that type of power through legal action.

These Commies are over stepping their bounds. We need to stop them by any means excepting violence.

FYP
07-21-2020 02:32 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-21-2020 02:32 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(07-21-2020 02:09 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  First of all, what he posted was true. Secondly, the school district is not allowing his First Amendment right to free speech. If he had done it in a school related action then they have a right to disallow political talk whether Republican or Demoncrap if it's in his contract but he didn't so they're guilty of upending his free speech rights.

FYP

this shite is an ill-trained, power grab, control mechanism sickness...

this is happens when ya suck ze teat...

ol' skool is coming boys & gal cuck puppies....

@drooling
07-21-2020 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.