Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lawsuit Filed Against Fox News For Sexual Misconduct
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Lawsuit Filed Against Fox News For Sexual Misconduct
Carlson, Hannity. Kurz With Sexual Harrashment, Ed Henry For Rape

This is not the first time that Tucker Carlson was accused of sexual harashment when another woman, years ago at CNN, accused him of the exact same thing. I think Carlson's time is up at Fox News because of his past history which shows he does have a pattern.
07-21-2020 01:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: Lawsuit Filed Against Fox News For Sexual Misconduct
If it is true they all should go..... Innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty......
07-21-2020 05:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Anything to get rid of the only right wing news left

Wth is The Vulture?
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 05:42 AM by BartlettTigerFan.)
07-21-2020 05:40 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(07-21-2020 05:40 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Anything to get rid of the only right wing news left

Wth is The Vulture?

https://twitter.com/TheNewRight/status/1...8577284096

https://twitter.com/pedsscrub/status/128...5510987781

KOO KOO KACHOO
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 06:57 AM by green.)
07-21-2020 06:50 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
07-21-2020 08:17 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Im calling fabrics on the Carlson allegations.
07-21-2020 08:23 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-21-2020 08:23 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Im calling fabrics on the Carlson allegations.

self-absorbing 'laughable'....#insanity
07-21-2020 08:37 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

07-21-2020 09:55 AM
stinkfist Offline

(07-21-2020 09:55 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

like I said, "laughable"....
07-21-2020 10:12 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I did laugh.
07-21-2020 11:22 AM
Oman Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis !!
(07-21-2020 01:54 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Carlson, Hannity. Kurz With Sexual Harrashment, Ed Henry For Rape

This is not the first time that Tucker Carlson was accused of sexual harashment when another woman, years ago at CNN, accused him of the exact same thing. I think Carlson's time is up at Fox News because of his past history which shows he does have a pattern.

i would say that's the silliest "harassment" claim i've ever seen.. but it's not. It IS silly, but not the worst.
07-21-2020 11:27 AM
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Sounds like he is an adulterer if the statement about his intentions are accurate. Otherwise, I see nothing obscene about his conduct. Why did she need help with her ear piece?
07-21-2020 12:27 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Anyone that has sexual urges for Areu does not need to go to jail, he'll need to go to a psycho ward. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. Ugly as sin and as stupid as a Liberal.
07-21-2020 12:55 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
07-21-2020 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline

(07-21-2020 12:27 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Sounds like he is an adulterer if the statement about his intentions are accurate. Otherwise, I see nothing obscene about his conduct. Why did she need help with her ear piece?

sounds like ewe're a ewe...

to respond to face value based on a scheme is expected....screw the bs disclaimer....
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 03:09 PM by stinkfist.)
07-21-2020 03:07 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

So I guess the new story is that Tucker AND his wife wanted a 3-some with her.

This woman needs to be imprisoned.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 04:12 PM by UofMstateU.)
07-21-2020 04:11 PM
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(07-21-2020 12:55 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Anyone that has sexual urges for Areu does not need to go to jail, he'll need to go to a psycho ward. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. Ugly as sin and as stupid as a Liberal.

somebody hold her cosmo cuz it gets better:

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020 04:14 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
07-21-2020 04:13 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
The lawyer should be suspended from law practice if this actually got filed with the courts.
07-21-2020 04:14 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Sounds like the Sherpa thing ran it's course and her time was up. They've made several changes of late that if you don't watch all that frequently (which I don't really) including the gameshow style
"beat the experts" or whatever it was called. I thought that had run it's course too, so didn't even really take note of the change for months.

Gotta keep moving in that biz or things can get stale. I never found Abreu particularly interesting or compelling, though nor objectionable. Just more of a time filler.

That post above, if true, where they admit they got the dates wrong, then compound that with Carlsons wife attending that party (and presumably staying the night) and you have yet another case of Suck-Fail well within the now obligatory 48-72 hour grace period.

They just never learn. Tis Sad indeed.
07-21-2020 04:33 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:We can reserve judgment on the sexual harassment claims that spilled out Monday night against several current and former men of Fox News, but let's quickly look at the accusation lobbed at Tucker Carlson and decide now that it would be shocking to find a single person who takes it seriously.

I was wondering just a couple weeks ago how long it would be before Carlson got #MeToo'd. Here's the answer.

Cathy Areu, whom I have seen on TV before but whose credentials I know nothing about (though her Twitter bio says she hosts a podcast), says in a new lawsuit that she was sexually harassed by multiple men at Fox News, including prime-time hosts Carlson and Sean Hannity.

Areu was not an employee at Fox and was not under contract, but her lawsuit asserts that she basically functioned as one, given that she was frequently booked as a guest. (How's that for a new definition of "employee"? Google News often links to my work, so I guess that makes me more or less staff at the Silicon Valley tech giant.)

The suit alleges, according to CNBC, that after a December 2018 appearance on Carlson's show while in New York, Carlson made sexual advances toward Areu.

"Following the show, Mr. Carlson, hardly making any effort to hide his intentions, began telling Ms. Areu that he would be alone in New York City that night, and specifically said that he would be staying alone in his hotel room without any wife or kids,” the suit said, according to CNBC. “Without question, Mr. Carlson was probing to see whether Ms. Areu was interested in a sexual relationship. Ms. Areu awkwardly sidestepped Mr. Carlson’s advances and declined to spend the night at his hotel.”

The suit then complained that Carlson "promptly retaliated against Ms. Areu, who was featured on his show only three times in 2019 and has not appeared once in 2020."

That's it. That's the sexual harassment.

Carlson, according to Areu's own account, said nothing about sex, but in her mind, she believed he was inviting her to his room. Or, perhaps, not even that. He was "probing to see" if she was "interested in a sexual relationship," all while not having ever mentioned sex.

And the consequence of the alleged encounter with Carlson is that her invitations to appear on his show, on a network she was never employed by, dried up.

I understand that in this scenario, Areu might be upset that she no longer had a platform to hock her podcast and build up her recognition, but where did the "harassment" come in? There's no claim that Carlson touched her. He didn't talk about sex, according to her own account. There wasn't even an explicit invite to spend time with him, and that's assuming her version is even true.

But she wasn't able to get on his highly rated show anymore! Well, that happens to guests sometimes, particularly if they don't have anything interesting to say.

Maybe Areu has a case against the other Fox News people. We'll have to see. But as far as anyone can see now, her claims against Carlson are nothing but laughable.

Link
07-21-2020 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.