Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincy fans, how do you feel about Tuberville's likely new job?
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
I don't intend to make this political. Just wondering how Cincy fans feel about this, since he just won the GOP Senate primary runoff in Alabama vs. Jeff Sessions, and will likely beat the incumbent Doug Jones in November.

It's not every day your old football coach becomes a U.S. Senator.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020 08:33 PM by TripleA.)
07-14-2020 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Cincy fans, how do you feel about Tuberville's likely new job?
I'm cool with it. I think he'll do a good job.

If he makes it an easier task to approve Ginsburg's replacement after she turns to dust... all is forgiven.
07-14-2020 08:40 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Better Alabama than Ohio...
07-14-2020 08:59 PM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
If Tommy T. genuinely is interested in national politics, is a quick learner, sincerly wants to help the country and is willing to work with Democrats ... I wish him nothing but the best. I always kind of found him appealing — at least as far as I (an effete, pretentious, urbane, eccentric and soft middle-aged man) can find any "plain-spoken, good ole country ball coach who likes NASCAR, hunting and fishing" appealing.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020 09:30 PM by bill dazzle.)
07-14-2020 09:24 PM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
The Flubbernator!
07-14-2020 09:30 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
I'd love to see Doug Jones beat him. Sen Jones has more experience and a history of pulling a potential upset.
07-14-2020 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Not a fan. I hate to get political, but he's attached himself to Trump without any real agenda for himself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
07-14-2020 11:13 PM
bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Just glad he is not UC's problem anymore. Wish him the best, just not back here in the Nati.
07-14-2020 11:40 PM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(07-14-2020 11:13 PM)mlb Wrote:  Not a fan. I hate to get political, but he's attached himself to Trump without any real agenda for himself.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

its the "frank burns syndrome", for those of us old enough to remember MASH - i think that he's sorely lacking in character - so, he'll fit in just fine in the swamp
07-15-2020 03:29 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(07-14-2020 09:42 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I'd love to see Doug Jones beat him. Sen Jones has more experience and a history of pulling a potential upset.

Jones ran against Roy Moore last time, lol. You know what happened there.

Anyway, I don't have any affinity for Tuberville or any politician, but I live in Alabama, and I think it will be close. Per Politico, early polling shows TT with a narrow lead.

But he won so convincingly last night that I think he might do better than the polls suggest right now. Long way to go.

Anyway, I was curious what UC fans thought about that possibility, not anything else.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 05:38 AM by TripleA.)
07-15-2020 05:37 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Tubs sucked balls here at UC. He literally was just cashing in a paycheck. You are not going to find many UC fans to say nice things about it.

That being said more power to him. He is not running to be my senator.
07-15-2020 08:07 AM
Advertisement

colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(07-15-2020 08:07 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Tubs sucked balls here at UC. He literally was just cashing in a paycheck. You are not going to find many UC fans to say nice things about it.

And like a rat, he scurried out of Texas Tech in the dark of night, so his last two jobs weren't exactly triumphant. His performance at Ole Miss was also less than stellar. Auburn was an aberration. I don't think he'd bring a lot of conviction to the job if he were elected, but he'd no doubt find a way to enrich himself at the public's expense.

Considering his involvment in that securities-fraud business, he'd fit right in with some of his new Senate cronies.

Not running to be your senator? That's comforting.
07-15-2020 08:50 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(07-15-2020 08:50 AM)colohank Wrote:  
(07-15-2020 08:07 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Tubs sucked balls here at UC. He literally was just cashing in a paycheck. You are not going to find many UC fans to say nice things about it.

And like a rat, he scurried out of Texas Tech in the dark of night, so his last two jobs weren't exactly triumphant. His performance at Ole Miss was also less than stellar. Auburn was an aberration. I don't think he'd bring a lot of conviction to the job if he were elected, but he'd no doubt find a way to enrich himself at the public's expense.

Considering his involvment in that securities-fraud business, he'd fit right in with some of his new Senate cronies.

Not running to be your senator? That's comforting.

If he were running for Senate here in Ohio he’d be a no vote for me. I’d course, it would depend on who he was winning against- there are awful people in both major parties. I can’t do anything about an election being held in Alabama, particularly if he is who the people in that state democratically elect into office.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 09:06 AM by CliftonAve.)
07-15-2020 09:01 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

In my opinion, he was the most unethical coach affiliated with my favorite sports teams. Keep in mind this list includes Butch Jones, Brian Kelly, and Mark Dantonio. The guy put zero effort into his job and had no loyalty. He would go into press conferences unprepared and just talk out his rear end. He was so disinterested on the sideline. The running joke on Bearcat Banter was he had Waylon Jennings piped into his head phones. He could not remember his players names so he called them old number 55 and things like that. I can be tolerant with losing coaches, but I cannot take apathy. I watched Tony Yates lose many games but I never doubted the man. Fluberville is a clown.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 05:13 PM by rosewater.)
07-15-2020 05:12 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Can't stand the guy.
07-16-2020 11:42 AM
Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Now I gotta look up Cinci's record with tubs. Pretty sure he'll be a terrible senator if he's not well liked in football.
07-16-2020 10:19 PM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(07-16-2020 10:19 PM)Crazier Wrote:  Now I gotta look up Cinci's record with tubs. Pretty sure he'll be a terrible senator if he's not well liked in football.

He coasted to back-to-back 9-win seasons with Butch Jones' players, losing at least 2 games he shouldn't have. Then it was all downhill from there the next two years, as he ran the program into the ground. Laziest coach we've ever had. His plan was to let his coaching staff do all the work and collect a fat paycheck. Our former AD Whit Babcock really screwed the pooch on that hire. They were buddies and he hired the loser without an interview, despite the fact that we already had an establishes formula for success by hiring young up-and-comers like Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, and Butch Jones.
07-17-2020 09:28 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Oh, he also gave up in our game at BYU in 2015. Basically called the dogs off when the game was well within reach with plenty of time left. He's a lazy, do-nothing loser.
07-17-2020 09:29 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I can't get past the damage he did to our program to really feel anything about his Senate campaign run other than disdain. He played a great fiddle of dupe acting as a head coach but in reality was only biding his retirement and collecting million dollar checks. We ended up getting a diamond in the rough in one Luke Fickell so that is about the only positive I can glean from Grandaddy Grubbs' time at UC.
07-17-2020 09:44 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

One last thing and I will bury the specter of CTT. Many Texas Tech posters came over to our board, and on here, and warned us of his incompetence. We dismissed them as a jealous group that had their coach stolen. Wow!
07-19-2020 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.