Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some States requiring visitors to quarantine for 14 days
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
The New Mexico gov strongly advised UNM and NMSU not to play football this fall. May be a moot point since there may be no football anyway. But if states like NM, NY, Haw and Cali are now requiring the 14 day quarantine for visitors, and for there own people returning from a football game, I think the state of Texas could do one year with just the 12 in state fbs schools playing each other. No out of state worries or quarantines.
07-14-2020 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagle Lurker Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Some States requiring visitors to quarantine for 14 days
This is one smart virus that recognizes political borders!
07-15-2020 10:06 AM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
Yaaaaawnnn
07-15-2020 10:33 AM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(07-15-2020 10:06 AM)Eagle Lurker Wrote:  This is one smart virus that recognizes political borders!

What happened to “Open Borders”?
07-15-2020 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
NC and SC should of blocked their borders over Memorial Day weekend. Lots of plates from NY, NJ, PA, and OH.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2020 11:26 AM by wh49er.)
07-15-2020 11:21 AM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(07-14-2020 02:47 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  The New Mexico gov strongly advised UNM and NMSU not to play football this fall. May be a moot point since there may be no football anyway. But if states like NM, NY, Haw and Cali are now requiring the 14 day quarantine for visitors, and for there own people returning from a football game, I think the state of Texas could do one year with just the 12 in state fbs schools playing each other. No out of state worries or quarantines.

It would be funny if we played a round robin with everyone except the high and mighty UT.
07-15-2020 11:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-15-2020 11:58 AM)SMUstang Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 02:47 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  The New Mexico gov strongly advised UNM and NMSU not to play football this fall. May be a moot point since there may be no football anyway. But if states like NM, NY, Haw and Cali are now requiring the 14 day quarantine for visitors, and for there own people returning from a football game, I think the state of Texas could do one year with just the 12 in state fbs schools playing each other. No out of state worries or quarantines.

It would be funny if we played a round robin with everyone except the high and mighty UT.

The Miners are already on the Longhorns schedule plus TT, UNT, UTSA and Rice. We are close to halfway there already. But it would be funny if UT was omitted.
07-15-2020 03:58 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
(07-15-2020 03:58 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

The Miners are already on the Longhorns schedule plus TT, UNT, UTSA and Rice. We are close to halfway there already. But it would be funny if UT was omitted.

We had a sweet schedule this year. 9 games in the great state of Texas.
07-15-2020 04:38 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-15-2020 04:38 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  
(07-15-2020 03:58 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

We had a sweet schedule this year. 9 games in the great state of Texas.

Yep, I was really looking forward to the Texas Tech game to see if the team shows real signs of improvement. This really sucks. For all of us.
07-16-2020 08:40 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
This is an absurd measure. Name one state that doesn't have it inside the state. So, if you already have it would good is this. The problem here is that there are too many idiots out there that believe that wearing a mask infringes on their "rights."

Right now the US has over 400 deaths per one million cases. Japan has less than 10 deaths per one million cases. How can that be when Japan is much more densely populated and the population is older than in the US - oh and they didn't lock down?

They don't have to be told to wear masks and certainly don't fight the notion that doing so is a challenge to their freedoms. And so as Americans continue to be dumbasses we'll continue to spread this disease to the tune of 200,000+ dead and we get no football as a result.

If we would have taken this seriously from the start and done what we needed to do to prevent transmission, we would have a full football schedule this fall. Sigh.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2020 12:13 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
07-17-2020 11:34 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says electrolytes are likely to prevent the Covid
07-17-2020 04:00 PM
Advertisement

TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Vitamin D and Zinc at upper levels. Cut the sugar and eat less carbs. This reduces chance of illness drastically. FACT.
07-17-2020 04:41 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-17-2020 04:41 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Vitamin D and Zinc at upper levels. Cut the sugar and eat less carbs. This reduces chance of illness drastically. FACT.

clt says the wku folks continue to attack rice.
07-17-2020 06:52 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
(07-17-2020 11:34 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  This is an absurd measure. Name one state that doesn't have it inside the state. So, if you already have it would good is this. The problem here is that there are too many idiots out there that believe that wearing a mask infringes on their "rights."

Right now the US has over 400 deaths per one million cases. Japan has less than 10 deaths per one million cases. How can that be when Japan is much more densely populated and the population is older than in the US - oh and they didn't lock down?

They don't have to be told to wear masks and certainly don't fight the notion that doing so is a challenge to their freedoms. And so as Americans continue to be dumbasses we'll continue to spread this disease to the tune of 200,000+ dead and we get no football as a result.

If we would have taken this seriously from the start and done what we needed to do to prevent transmission, we would have a full football schedule this fall. Sigh.

Yes, I completely agree. As a conservative, it's been rather cringeworthy.

I am baffled as to why and how people have politicised this pandemic. Ignored common sense and science. Attacked one another, and continue to make excuse after excuse as to why they won't wear a mask.

It's embarrassing.
07-17-2020 07:33 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

TBL, now that you're here, I've been wanting to ask you, considering your background on these matters.

Early on, our CDC made their determination to develop our own testing procedure.

Is it possible the CDC test is now far more accurate at tracing positive Covid-19 results than the world's standard WHO test?

Could this be a reason that US rates of infection are so high? It's just a better predictor of positive Covid-19 results than the WHO test? This meaning other countries could be in a similar state to us here in the US, and just not know it?
07-17-2020 07:39 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(07-17-2020 07:39 PM)rileylives Wrote:  TBL, now that you're here, I've been wanting to ask you, considering your background on these matters.

Early on, our CDC made their determination to develop our own testing procedure.

Is it possible the CDC test is now far more accurate at tracing positive Covid-19 results than the world's standard WHO test?

Could this be a reason that US rates of infection are so high? It's just a better predictor of positive Covid-19 results than the WHO test? This meaning other countries could be in a similar state to us here in the US, and just not know it?

It's essentially the same test now, so probably not. Now, whether we are "testing more" than some countries at this point that is possible. But I would be cautious to even go there without proof, because we know there are some localities and states that have attempted to reduce testing by only testing people that alrighty highly suspected because they are in the hospital.

It's hard to say right now exactly why we have so many more cases, but I'm pretty confident when the history is written on it the number one reason and by a long shot is because we simply failed at all levels of govt to take the proper precautions (or even serious in some cases) and second to do the right things as a society. People are killing other people over arguments about a mask. It's absurd. We've lost the Republic. The Chinese and Russians have nearly won. They're going to continue to manipulate our society until we have completely ripped ourselves to shreds from the inside and out.
07-18-2020 03:04 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(07-18-2020 03:04 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(07-17-2020 07:39 PM)rileylives Wrote:  TBL, now that you're here, I've been wanting to ask you, considering your background on these matters.

It's essentially the same test now, so probably not. Now, whether we are "testing more" than some countries at this point that is possible. But I would be cautious to even go there without proof, because we know there are some localities and states that have attempted to reduce testing by only testing people that alrighty highly suspected because they are in the hospital.

It's hard to say right now exactly why we have so many more cases, but I'm pretty confident when the history is written on it the number one reason and by a long shot is because we simply failed at all levels of govt to take the proper precautions (or even serious in some cases) and second to do the right things as a society. People are killing other people over arguments about a mask. It's absurd. We've lost the Republic. The Chinese and Russians have nearly won. They're going to continue to manipulate our society until we have completely ripped ourselves to shreds from the inside and out.

I think what's concerning to me is the extremely high rate of infection (RO), and the latest news about antibodies (possibly only 2 to 3 months of protection post infection.)

If these metrics hold true, and our mortality rate continues to be in the .035 range, we may never truly rid ourselves of this.

However, we haven't even gotten over our first wave of infection, so let's see what happens in the next few months.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2020 08:03 PM by rileylives.)
07-18-2020 08:01 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(07-18-2020 08:01 PM)rileylives Wrote:  I think what's concerning to me is the extremely high rate of infection (RO), and the latest news about antibodies (possibly only 2 to 3 months of protection post infection.)

While it is true that antibodies are dropping off after several months my understanding is that doesn't necessarily mean that immunity drops off after 2-3 months. When confronted with the virus again the T-Cells may kick in and the body produces the antibody again. We just don't know.
07-20-2020 05:24 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(07-20-2020 05:24 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  
(07-18-2020 08:01 PM)rileylives Wrote:  I think what's concerning to me is the extremely high rate of infection (RO), and the latest news about antibodies (possibly only 2 to 3 months of protection post infection.)

While it is true that antibodies are dropping off after several months my understanding is that doesn't necessarily mean that immunity drops off after 2-3 months. When confronted with the virus again the T-Cells may kick in and the body produces the antibody again. We just don't know.

Yeah, I saw that article today as well. Gives hope at least!
07-20-2020 07:06 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(07-17-2020 06:52 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
(07-17-2020 04:41 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Vitamin D and Zinc at upper levels. Cut the sugar and eat less carbs. This reduces chance of illness drastically. FACT.

clt says the wku folks continue to attack rice.

You and I both know that we are *complex* carbs
07-20-2020 08:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.