How to Silence Karen
06-29-2020 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
RE: How to Silence Karen
Pretty sick and twisted to smile at someone getting pepper sprayed, whether you agree or disagree with their political stance or ideology.
06-29-2020 01:16 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(06-29-2020 01:16 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Pretty sick and twisted to smile at someone getting pepper sprayed, whether you agree or disagree with their political stance or ideology.

That may be so, but I have to say that most of the time, these cops have been pretty restrained and patient in the face of people screaming in their faces.

Those 'protesters' that do this, do it knowing that the police can't really react to it, so they up the level of hateful vitriol.

What goes around, comes around. Plus we really don't know what happened before somebody started recording this.

Do you call screaming in a cops face protesting? Having a march and chanting slogans (no matter how vile) is one thing. This is another. 'Getting your hate on' might provoke a response. She learned.

I'd be more upset if a cop did that to somebody who was just marching and not trying to instigate.
06-29-2020 01:25 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(06-29-2020 01:25 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(06-29-2020 01:16 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Pretty sick and twisted to smile at someone getting pepper sprayed, whether you agree or disagree with their political stance or ideology.

That may be so, but I have to say that most of the time, these cops have been pretty restrained and patient in the face of people screaming in their faces.

Those 'protesters' that do this, do it knowing that the police can't really react to it, so they up the level of hateful vitriol.

What goes around, comes around. Plus we really don't know what happened before somebody started recording this.

Do you call screaming in a cops face protesting? Having a march and chanting slogans (no matter how vile) is one thing. This is another. 'Getting your hate on' might provoke a response. She learned.

I'd be more upset if a cop did that to somebody who was just marching and not trying to instigate.

@bold#1: which makes the original tweet even more abhorrent to me. No context glee out of inevitable human suffering.

@bold#2: There are dozens of instances of this very thing. A reddit thread has compiled a list with video or photographic evidence. I can find the link if you like. It's pretty disheartening to click through.

Screaming into the face of anyone I disagree with has never been my style. Not in life, not in protest.
06-29-2020 01:29 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater

Yeah, they should have just destroyed her property or more accurately her parents property.... #justice
06-29-2020 01:33 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos

(06-29-2020 01:29 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  

@bold#1: which makes the original tweet even more abhorrent to me. No context glee out of inevitable human suffering.

@bold#2: There are dozens of instances of this very thing. A reddit thread has compiled a list with video or photographic evidence. I can find the link if you like. It's pretty disheartening to click through.

Screaming into the face of anyone I disagree with has never been my style. Not in life, not in protest.

I agree there are many instances posted on the internet. Of the hundreds of thousands of cops and the millions of protesters and rioters, not surprising that you would find instances of this. But until you do a thought experiment of putting yourself into the situation that those cops are in around the nation, it's hard to know how you yourself would react. Are there bad cops? Yes. Need to clean them out. Are there ******* 'protesters?' Yes. This does not even address the problem of the stress that the cops are feeling now with no support from many civilian 'leaders.'

All the demonizing of cops is leading to many either retiring early or just walking away and others deciding it is not worth it to do their jobs. Why take any chance when politicians pandering to the mobs will throw them under the bus and possibly charge them with wrongdoing. This doesn't even mention how this has badly damaged recruiting for police departments around the country. Even if some cities DO NOT defund their police, this will lead to understaffed departments and reduced policing.

Spare me the 'human suffering' angle. It was pepper spray, not mustard gas.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020 01:50 PM by MileHighBronco.)
06-29-2020 01:48 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Hilarious
06-29-2020 01:52 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

I saw the Atlanta police, mostly Black, sit and take a continuous (for at least an hour) stream of water bottles and sometimes worse stuff like knives and firecrackers from a bunch of mostly white idiots. Those people deserved pepper spray and batons.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020 01:57 PM by bullet.)
06-29-2020 01:56 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
All Karens on both sides need it no matter what skin color they are.
06-29-2020 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

There should be a channel to watch them with a laugh track.
06-29-2020 02:06 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis

Loved it
06-29-2020 02:26 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(06-29-2020 02:26 PM)450bench Wrote:  

Loved it

Really good shot
06-29-2020 02:30 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(06-29-2020 02:00 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  All Karens on both sides need it no matter what skin color they are.

Karen spray
06-29-2020 02:31 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
I call that an unhinged woman getting re-hinged........

These people want to get that hostile and aggressive and think they can just do it without repercussions.....

If she was coming at a "civilian" with that schtick she would be in receipt of a beat down.... she is lucky all she got was a face full of pepper spray.
06-29-2020 03:12 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom

All of you hypocrites kill me. There's lot of countries where that would have been a bullet and not pepper spray. And if all these crazy azz liberals get their way, soon enough it will be that way here.
06-29-2020 03:13 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(06-29-2020 03:13 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

All of you hypocrites kill me. There's lot of countries where that would have been a bullet and not pepper spray. And if all these crazy azz liberals get their way, soon enough it will be that way here.

You mean you expect something more deadly? How about like Brad Ayala?
https://www.kxan.com/investigations/ever...n-protest/

NSFL:

06-29-2020 03:16 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
dodo occurs
06-29-2020 03:27 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
If I were to charge a police officer in a threatening manner during a tense situation, I’d feel fortunate to get off with pepper spray.
06-29-2020 03:32 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
I stopped taking morality lessons from liars a long time ago.
06-29-2020 04:03 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
How to Silence Karen
She was aggressively advancing on a police officer. She posed an imminent threat. He use minimal non-lethal force to neutralize the threat.

Today’s lesson kids is don’t aggressively approach a police officer during a “protest”. Or realistically a riot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
06-29-2020 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.