Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Riot Victim Says She Is Being Threatened For Helping Police
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Riot Victim Says She Is Being Threatened For Helping Police
Quote:A Cleveland bakery store owner said Monday that after having her business gutted by rioters she is now being threatened for helping the police investigate the crime.

“The store’s gotten some threats. When it gets rebuilt it’s going to get hit again. That my cooperation is unfair. That I shouldn’t be — I shouldn’t be cooperating with the FBI. That, you know … it’s … against the cause,” Kelly Kandah, proprietor of Colossal Cupakes, told “Fox & Friends.”

“I’m actually absolutely for the cause. But it’s upsetting people that I would … involve the police over something such as property.”

Kandah told Fox that her store was targeted by rioters on the evening of May 30 when protesters gathered across the United States to express their anger over the death of George Floyd after his arrest by Minneapolis Police.

Despite a promise from President Donald Trump to end the violence by using the United States military if necessary, he has not done so; Defense Secretary Mark Esper has also indicated his disapproval of the plan.

She said she believed her life was threatened when rioters gutted her store and she had to lock herself in the bathroom. She called the Cleveland police, who came to her rescue. “They did save my life. Absolutely,” Kandah told the media outlet.

The store owner said that was not the end of her troubles. “I was showing some of the damage and I was leaving, a friend and myself, and someone walking by approached us and said, ‘When the store rebuilds, when you rebuild this, I’m going to come back and destroy it again and you.’ He sort of just kept walking and was gone.”

Kandah says is afraid to reopen the store, given the threats.

She said there is a bitter irony in critics who say she should not have called the police and should have endured the lawlessness as evidence of her support for black lives.

“It’s just really sad. Unfortunately my store is not open right now and I’m so involved with the community and I’m so involved with our inner-city schools and I’m so for the cause that I do a lot of community service. Right now, I can’t. I don’t have anything being brought in to be able to donate as much as I usually do.”

Link

Remember when intimidating a witness was a bigger crime than whatever the crime you committed was?

I miss those days.
06-24-2020 12:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Riot Victim Says She Is Being Threatened For Helping Police
But she is still under the impression that her supporting the cause will shield her from these terrorists. That what that clown was. He's no protester.

Some people don't learn. Even the hard way.
06-24-2020 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.