Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pelosi removing portraits of speakers of house
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Pelosi removing portraits of speakers of house
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art...om-capitol

"...The portraits are of Robert Hunter of Virginia, House speaker from 1839 to 1841; Howell Cobb of Georgia, who served from 1849-1851; James Orr of South Carolina, in the position from 1857-1859; and Charles Crisp of Georgia, speaker from 1891-1895...."

Elected speaker 26 years after the end of the war, but must be removed.

Next is pretending all slave owners didn't exist. 47 out of 58 years from 1801-1859 had Southern speakers.
06-18-2020 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Pelosi removing portraits of speakers of house
Aunt Teefa is on the warpath. Somebody needs to put that crazy broad down.
06-18-2020 03:29 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Because how many people even know who any of them are? I've never seen people be so offended by people they have never heard of before
06-18-2020 03:29 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

How about presidents to be removed?

Woodrow Wilson (D) was a racist who reversed Black civil rights in the government.
Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) was a racist who locked up loyal Japanese-American citizens.
John F. Kennedy (D) was a sexist who took advantage of (at least one) a young female White House employee.
Bill Clinton (D) was a sexist who took advantage of a young female White House employee and was probably a rapist.
06-18-2020 03:47 PM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

Why don’t we just tear everything down? Will that satisfy the loony left as they pander for the black vote? That’s who they are doing this for. 12.5% of potential voters are black and the Leftists are willing to destroy our Nation to “earn” their support. Golf clap for the morons on the Left.
06-18-2020 03:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(06-18-2020 03:27 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art...om-capitol

"...The portraits are of Robert Hunter of Virginia, House speaker from 1839 to 1841; Howell Cobb of Georgia, who served from 1849-1851; James Orr of South Carolina, in the position from 1857-1859; and Charles Crisp of Georgia, speaker from 1891-1895...."

Next is pretending all slave owners didn't exist. 47 out of 58 years from 1801-1859 had Southern speakers.

She is removing Democrats 03-lmfao
06-18-2020 03:55 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
With any luck her shoe leather faced portrait will get taken down in the near future.
06-18-2020 03:55 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-18-2020 03:55 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 03:27 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art...om-capitol

Southern white male democrats. Good plan.
06-18-2020 04:02 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE

Crisp was born in 1845 and fought for the CSA. Without even knowing anything else about it, I can guarantee that is enough reason (to Pelosi) to make him a non-person.
06-18-2020 04:38 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Pre-Obama b/c he first half-black president
Pre-Obama b/c he signed LGBTQ+ marriage into law
06-18-2020 05:26 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Just wait until the left starts to go after our Presidents. Over 1/4 our our Presidents were slave owners at some point in their lives. Ironically, even Ulysses S. Grant was a slaveowner until just prior to the Civil War.
06-18-2020 06:27 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(06-18-2020 03:55 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Beat me to it. What you bet she doesn’t even know. If she does know, she knows no one in the msm will ask her.
06-18-2020 07:05 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
(06-18-2020 06:27 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  Just wait until the left starts to go after our Presidents. Over 1/4 our our Presidents were slave owners at some point in their lives. Ironically, even Ulysses S. Grant was a slaveowner until just prior to the Civil War.

Is going after old leaders / people of power who honored slavery an issue?
This new generation is leading the way and making it clear, they will not tolerate inequality that our past leaders did.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020 07:06 PM by grapes.)
06-18-2020 07:06 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC
(06-18-2020 03:52 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Why don’t we just tear everything down? Will that satisfy the loony left as they pander for the black vote? That’s who they are doing this for. 12.5% of potential voters are black and the Leftists are willing to destroy our Nation to “earn” their support. Golf clap for the morons on the Left.

The "left" wants to remove people that we honor with statues and other things because they supported inequality and racism. You say it's just because they want the black vote? Have you thought maybe they're doing it just because it's morally right to do?

Democrats don't need help to get votes from people of color.
The idea that you think evolving our nation, changing things, and standing up for what's right is destroying our nation..
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020 07:17 PM by grapes.)
06-18-2020 07:16 PM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

(06-18-2020 07:06 PM)grapes Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 06:27 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  Just wait until the left starts to go after our Presidents. Over 1/4 our our Presidents were slave owners at some point in their lives. Ironically, even Ulysses S. Grant was a slaveowner until just prior to the Civil War.

This new generation is leading the way and making it clear, they will not tolerate inequality that our past leaders did.

Getting butthurt about pictures is just another example of whiny millennials. Sorry if I don’t share sense that this is some great awakening. For the most part those under the age of 30 are a waste of skin. They have the attention spans of gnats and the physical abilities of 6th grade girls of 40 years ago.

Bottomline is the whiny little ******* can’t survive in the big, bad world do they are going to change it. No awards for being wimps as far as I’m concerned.
06-18-2020 07:20 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(06-18-2020 07:16 PM)grapes Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 03:52 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Why don’t we just tear everything down? Will that satisfy the loony left as they pander for the black vote? That’s who they are doing this for. 12.5% of potential voters are black and the Leftists are willing to destroy our Nation to “earn” their support. Golf clap for the morons on the Left.

The "left" wants to remove people that we honor with statues and other things because they supported inequality and racism. You say it's just because they want the black vote? Have you thought maybe they're doing it just because it's morally right to do?

The idea that you think evolving our nation, changing things, and standing up for what's right is destroying our nation..

Actually its being judgemental, self righteous witch hunters and economic lynch mobs. If they actually understood history, they would realize this is the modern Salem witch trials and McCarthy era. And if you go overseas they look like the Taliban, the Red Chinese in the cultural revolution and the Nazi Brownshirts before WWII. Its an extreme religious cult from which no deviation is allowed.

If they applied those standards of perfection to themselves, they would all be cancelled.
06-18-2020 07:21 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

Change for the sake of change isn’t always a great thing. I don’t need whiny millennials tearing up my town in the name of evolving. The next thing whiny liberals will try is to take away our guns because they see it as progress.
06-18-2020 07:26 PM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

(06-18-2020 07:21 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Actually its being judgemental, self righteous witch hunters and economic lynch mobs. If they actually understood history, they would realize this is the modern Salem witch trials and McCarthy era. And if you go overseas they look like the Taliban, the Red Chinese in the cultural revolution and the Nazi Brownshirts before WWII. Its an extreme religious cult from which no deviation is allowed.

If they applied those standards of perfection to themselves, they would all be cancelled.

Thank you
You said it much better than I ever could.

Their arrogance to think they are right about everything will be the downfall of the social justice nimrods.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020 07:30 PM by CardinalJim.)
06-18-2020 07:29 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-18-2020 07:06 PM)grapes Wrote:  

In my view, yes it is an issue. No one will defend slavery. That is a horrible part of our nation's history and I don't think you will find many people who would defend the views of most people from 17th and 18th centuries on issues of race.

But you act like this cancels everything good these people might have done. I don't think that is right. But if you really believe that, why don't you share the absolute worst thing you have ever done and we will be sure to judge you and label you as such, regardless of any good things you have ever done or will ever do.
06-18-2020 07:37 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

This is great! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_D%27Alesandro_Jr.
"Thomas Ludwig John D'Alesandro Jr. (August 1, 1903 – August 23, 1987) was an American politician who was a U.S. Representative from Maryland's 3rd congressional district (1939–47) and subsequently the mayor of Baltimore, Maryland (1947–59). He was the father of Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Nancy Patricia Pelosi, the first female Speaker of the House, and Thomas D'Alesandro III, also a mayor of Baltimore....

In 2017, conservative commentators noted that in 1948, D'Alesandro dedicated the Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee Monument in his capacity as Mayor of Baltimore, along with the then-Governor of Maryland, William Preston Lane Jr.[7..."

Note that liberals are trying to remove this part from wikipedia.
06-18-2020 07:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.