Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Last Season: Best Win / Worst Loss in conference play
Bookmark and Share
StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
Last Season: Best Win / Worst Loss in conference play
Since were getting closer to the season and I’m jonesing for football here’s a question:

Which regular season conference loss would you take back from last year and which game do you consider your best win. Also, If you were given the opportunity to make a fair trade to “erase” that loss what would you pony up?
06-02-2020 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
RE: Last Season: Best Win / Worst Loss in conference play
For me eating Apps dreams of a NY6 bid was pretty awesome. I’d say the loss to Troy/Louisiana were the worst feeling. Louisiana because we were coming back but fell short and Troy because we knew it was coming Andy here was nothing we could do. I’d also add that the theme to this season was bad weather. Every home game it rained I think
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 05:36 PM by StatesboroBluesman.)
06-02-2020 05:34 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Only team that ended up with a winning record that stAte beat was Georgia Southern.

As frustrating as the South Alabama loss was, that performance at Georgia State was pathetic. 722 yards allowed if I recall correctly.
06-02-2020 06:00 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
(06-02-2020 05:34 PM)StatesboroBluesman Wrote:  For me eating Apps dreams of a NY6 bid was pretty awesome. I’d say the loss to Troy/Louisiana were the worst feeling. Louisiana because we were coming back but fell short and Troy because we knew it was coming Andy here was nothing we could do. I’d also add that the theme to this season was bad weather. Every home game it rained I think

The Troy game had "letdown" written all over it between them having a stout run D and passing offense. I think their defense might have our number the same way our defense seems to have App's number.

The worst loss to me would be Louisiana. You stuffed one of the better rushing games in the Big Ten, stuffed App State two years in a row, you stuff BJ Smith but we let UL run all over us. Not too many teams have been able to just run it like that in Paulson Stadium, that's for sure.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 06:37 PM by EigenEagle.)
06-02-2020 06:37 PM
FrankyP Offline
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
App the first game and arky at their place prob our best W
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020 06:41 PM by FrankyP.)
06-02-2020 06:41 PM
High Country Student Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App. State
(06-02-2020 06:41 PM)FrankyP Wrote:  App the first game and arky at their place prob our best W

Most impressive win was UNC. Worst loss....I mean we only had one. You get the picture.
06-02-2020 06:51 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
That USA loss really took a bit out of the fan base. Not offense Jags but we should never have lost that game!
06-02-2020 06:52 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Yep, South. I know they were due and I have nothing against them but it amplified the ongoing doubts in the fan base to a laser focus. At this point I don't know that any fan really has any confidence we will do anything but the same should we play this season. Best win was at UNLV when Anderson made his return after Wendy's passing. The guys were playing on pure emotion that night.
06-02-2020 07:31 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Obvious high point was upsetting App State in true Deeper-Than-Hate fashion.

Most GS fans will say the Troy game right after the App game was the low point because we threw everything we had going for us away. That game for me didn’t sting as badly as the first conference loss of the seasons to the Cajuns. I know the Cajuns was ended up winning the west and I know we were 1-2 going into that game, but for me that was the writing-on-the-wall game. I knew we were going to have a mediocre season at best after watching that performance in Paulson.
06-02-2020 08:06 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
Worst loss: Georgia Southern. Terrible game from both teams. If you’re a fan of punters, this is the game for you.

Best win: As USA started to find their footing under a new quarterback the last few games, Coach Campbell reminded the world he remembers how to beat Arkansas State.
06-02-2020 08:11 PM
KJ Eagle Offline
1st String

(06-02-2020 06:51 PM)High Country Student Wrote:  
(06-02-2020 06:41 PM)FrankyP Wrote:  App the first game and arky at their place prob our best W

Most impressive win was UNC. Worst loss....I mean we only had one. You get the picture.

Who was that against? ....I can't seem to remember. 02-13-banana
06-03-2020 07:15 AM
Advertisement

TXSTRiverBobcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas State
Best win was Georgia State. Didn't realize it at the time cause I think they were 1-4 or something when we played with a lone win against Tennessee. Everyone assumed that win was a fluke, so no one was giving them credit. They ended up finishing the season strong and were one of our bowl teams.

Worst loss is a tossup between ULM and Coastal. Both games I felt we should have won, but our offense couldn't get anything going.
06-03-2020 08:41 AM
kevinwmsn Offline
1st String

(06-02-2020 08:11 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Worst loss: Georgia Southern. Terrible game from both teams. If you’re a fan of punters, this is the game for you.

Best win: As USA started to find their footing under a new quarterback the last few games, Coach Campbell reminded the world he remembers how to beat Arkansas State.

I agree with this, but we had a chance to beat Georgia Southern but missed the field goal. Offense was boom or bust for that game.
06-03-2020 09:24 AM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Worst loss goes without saying.

Best win was the game against UL in Lafayette. It was the first time our defense had looked really dominant all year, and that last 12 minute, 95 yard, game clinching drive was absolute thing of beauty.
06-03-2020 09:35 AM
KJ Eagle Offline
1st String

(06-03-2020 09:24 AM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  
(06-02-2020 08:11 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Worst loss: Georgia Southern. Terrible game from both teams. If you’re a fan of punters, this is the game for you.

I agree with this, but we had a chance to beat Georgia Southern but missed the field goal. Offense was boom or bust for that game.

I don't think boom is a strong enough for word for what it really was. It was either TD or bust. If I remember right you had like four first downs and three of them were long TD's.
06-03-2020 03:35 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(06-03-2020 03:35 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 09:24 AM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  

I don't think boom is a strong enough for word for what it really was. It was either TD or bust. If I remember right you had like four first downs and three of them were long TD's.

And the sad part is we probably should have won. That’s how bad a game it actually was.
06-03-2020 04:35 PM
Advertisement

Venaros Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GS
(06-03-2020 09:35 AM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Worst loss goes without saying.

[Image: 1*cBJvXPctqPU7v9FWI-oIGA.gif]
06-05-2020 05:39 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Best Win: GS
Worst Loss: Coastal
06-05-2020 08:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajun_lannister Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana
Best win was Ark state because the planets have to align for the visiting team to win in that series.

The most fun was GS because all week we heard no way you can run the ball on us and Paulson magic. Then proceed to ram it down their poop hole and move to 2-0 over there

Worst guess App state
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020 09:23 AM by Cajun_lannister.)
06-06-2020 09:22 AM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Best regular season conference win? Definitely the UL game. That 10 minute drive to ice the game in the fourth was a thing of beauty.
06-06-2020 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.