Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice Segment in ESPN's 30 for 30 on Lance Armstrong
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
Rice Segment in ESPN's 30 for 30 on Lance Armstrong
Did anyone catch ESPN's 30 for 30 on Lance Armstrong? In last night's Part 2 finale there was a 5-minute segment filmed at Rice, with Lance wearing a Rice t-shirt, and speaking with his Rice footballer son, coach Bloomgren and the football team. Some nice shots of the Patterson Center and Rice stadium.
06-01-2020 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
RE: Rice Segment in ESPN's 30 for 30 on Lance Armstrong
I can't watch anything having to do with Lance Armstrong since he was caught doping. He tarnished our country's reputation. I couldn't be bothered with him.
06-01-2020 10:15 AM
mebehutchi Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(06-01-2020 07:03 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Did anyone catch ESPN's 30 for 30 on Lance Armstrong? In last night's Part 2 finale there was a 5-minute segment filmed at Rice, with Lance wearing a Rice t-shirt, and speaking with his Rice footballer son, coach Bloomgren and the football team. Some nice shots of the Patterson Center and Rice stadium.

I definitely thought the Rice segment and footage captured our facilities in a positive light.

Not entirely sure what I make of the documentary - he's kind of all over the place trying to half apologize half defend his actions as per usual - sometimes you forget the timelines but:

1) Had he stayed retired after 2005 as urged by the UCI he would likely still be extremely wealthy, revered for his work on and off the bike, and a total ahole.

2) As it is he pushed his position, doesn't seem really sorry that he did, and is now relatively to his previous stature broke, hated, and now an indignant ahole because the dopers that took the UCI's advice and left the game immediately have been largely forgiven.
06-02-2020 08:13 AM
Advertisement

earldrake Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rice
When he didn't even know Luke's number, that told me that he still had not changed and will always be an ahole.
06-02-2020 07:13 PM
WestGrayStreetOwl Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
The NY Post has run no less than four articles on Lance lately, including this one:

Lance Armstrong’s son Luke, Rice football player, calls doping ‘taking a shortcut’

Quote:“I’ve always felt like grinding for something, and really working for a specific goal has always been so much more worth it than taking the shortcut,” Luke Armstrong said. “I also feel like if I ever did that and got caught, for random people, they would be like, `He’s just like his dad.’”
06-03-2020 11:22 AM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
(06-03-2020 11:22 AM)WestGrayStreetOwl Wrote:  The NY Post has run no less than four articles on Lance lately, including this one:

Lance Armstrong’s son Luke, Rice football player, calls doping ‘taking a shortcut’

Quote:“I’ve always felt like grinding for something, and really working for a specific goal has always been so much more worth it than taking the shortcut,” Luke Armstrong said. “I also feel like if I ever did that and got caught, for random people, they would be like, `He’s just like his dad.’”

Yes, that quote was from the ESPN program.
06-03-2020 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.