Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Possibility Of A Scrambled 2020 Football Season Schedule......
Bookmark and Share
UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Exclamation The Possibility Of A Scrambled 2020 Football Season Schedule......
I don't know if this could happen...…
But many southern states and others are going to try to allow football (if students are on campus).
While other states could be still shut down.....

One scenario I can see happening is that if all works out well, we will see our Rockets on the field in September, or October if the season is delayed.
However, with the way my Governor in Michigan is handling things and the report of Univ. Of Michigan's AD stating he doubts there will be football in Ann Arbor this fall.
(don't know about the status in the states of Illinois {NIU} or New York {Buffalo})
I can see Toledo scrambling to fill 4 (EMU, CMU, WMU, MSU) or 5 slots in the 2020 football season.
Like what happened with 9/11.

I realize some spots can be easily filled some of the MAC East schools the have a game scheduled with a Michigan school the same week as Toledo does. For example, and I don't really know, if UT was supposed to play EMU and Miami had WMU then Toledo and Miami could match up.

However, with 4 plus slots open that could mean some matchups with teams from around the country that Toledo usually has a very hard time getting on the schedule. (They always say NO!!!!! to Toledo)

It also could mean Toledo might have to play a number of FCS schools just to fill the schedule.

I hope MOB and Candle are keeping an eye on this...…

Discussion?????

Thoughts??????
05-28-2020 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
The Possibility Of A Scrambled 2020 Football Season Schedule......
They should be making contacts for every date on the schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-28-2020 09:58 PM
UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: The Possibility Of A Scrambled 2020 Football Season Schedule......
(05-28-2020 09:58 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  They should be making contacts for every date on the schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they are thinking ahead...…

Especially since they are pushing football ticket sales now......
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020 06:43 AM by UTerry.)
05-29-2020 06:42 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Talk about a recruiting advantage if Michigan sccools don't play. We should get some more dudes. I'd be cool with playing 11 games and getting every East school instead of the Michigan's. Missing MSU is a bummer.
05-29-2020 08:13 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I have been a season ticket holder since 1996/1997??? Somewhere in that time span. I have been wanting the MSU Toledo match up for years. I really think this could be the year to put a win over another big 10 team. But it all comes down to the safety of our players, students and our families.
Go Rockets
05-29-2020 08:42 AM
Advertisement

UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(05-29-2020 08:13 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Talk about a recruiting advantage if Michigan sccools don't play. We should get some more dudes. I'd be cool with playing 11 games and getting every East school instead of the Michigan's. Missing MSU is a bummer.

Football season is 12 games.
Toledo has BG, Ohio, and Akron on the schedule.
that leaves Miami and Kent.
don't know the status in the state of New York, and Buffalo
05-29-2020 10:02 AM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(05-28-2020 04:18 PM)UTerry Wrote:  I don't know if this could happen...…
But many southern states and others are going to try to allow football (if students are on campus).
While other states could be still shut down.....

One scenario I can see happening is that if all works out well, we will see our Rockets on the field in September, or October if the season is delayed.
However, with the way my Governor in Michigan is handling things and the report of Univ. Of Michigan's AD stating he doubts there will be football in Ann Arbor this fall.
(don't know about the status in the states of Illinois {NIU} or New York {Buffalo})
I can see Toledo scrambling to fill 4 (EMU, CMU, WMU, MSU) or 5 slots in the 2020 football season.
Like what happened with 9/11.

I realize some spots can be easily filled some of the MAC East schools the have a game scheduled with a Michigan school the same week as Toledo does. For example, and I don't really know, if UT was supposed to play EMU and Miami had WMU then Toledo and Miami could match up.

However, with 4 plus slots open that could mean some matchups with teams from around the country that Toledo usually has a very hard time getting on the schedule. (They always say NO!!!!! to Toledo)

It also could mean Toledo might have to play a number of FCS schools just to fill the schedule.

I hope MOB and Candle are keeping an eye on this...…

Discussion?????

Thoughts??????

NIU and the state of Illinois are so debt ridden, they wont even be able to fill up the bus with gas. Their financial situation was broke before Covid and this will break their back. Illinois has a history of avoiding cuts even when they are severly needed, which now just makes matter worse. Now, they wont be able to avoid them this time.
06-01-2020 05:21 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
The sentiment on this board is that Covid and budgets will only leave a handful of MAC squads. Is this natural selection and our chance to move on?
06-02-2020 09:31 AM
UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(06-02-2020 09:31 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  The sentiment on this board is that Covid and budgets will only leave a handful of MAC squads. Is this natural selection and our chance to move on?

One can only hope!!!!!!!!!
02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
06-02-2020 11:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.