I Root For:
SBR: UAH athletics
05-22-2020 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: SBR: UAH athletics
Finis St John just had an organism.
05-22-2020 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
Amazing to me that the UAH hockey program lasted as long as it did. No Southern competitors, no nearby conference, and little to no instate talent pool.

For a short while, Chargers hockey made the desert bloom in Alabama. It was glorious but couldn't be maintained. Geography was its inevitable doom.

Pour one out for UAH hockey tonight. A sad day for the Blue and White.
05-22-2020 05:53 PM
C-Finder Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
(05-22-2020 04:03 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Finis St John just had an organism.

03-lmfao I know what word you meant 04-rock

I wonder there will be a huge pushback on the hockey team cancellation that will bring the teams back like UAB football.
05-22-2020 06:40 PM
Advertisement

UAB Schnauzer Offline
Special Teams

they should start a club football team.
05-23-2020 06:39 PM
C-Finder Offline
Special Teams

(05-23-2020 06:39 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  they should start a club football team.

BOT would be livid
[Image: 7gSs.gif]
05-23-2020 07:32 PM
Lou-A-B Offline
1st String

I Root For:

So he does reproduce asexually... it’s all making sense now
05-23-2020 10:02 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Yes he has reproduced unfortunately
Yesterday 11:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerFromMD Away
Flollopping along

I Root For: .
(05-22-2020 06:40 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  

I wonder there will be a huge pushback on the hockey team cancellation that will bring the teams back like UAB football.

It doesn't seem like their current AD is as motivated to save hockey as EJ Brophy was the last time the BOT killed it. I guess they got their man in place.

The fan-generated online petition isn't doing too well, as it barely has enough signatures to half-fill VBCC. With the social distancing requirements, I would think this effort needs to be stronger, since they'd have problems gathering in the streets like UAB fans did. They need their own Tim Alexander to motivate them.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:20 PM by BlazerFromMD.)
Yesterday 12:20 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(Yesterday 12:20 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  

It doesn't seem like their current AD is as motivated to save hockey as EJ Brophy was the last time the BOT killed it. I guess they got their man in place.

The fan-generated online petition isn't doing too well, as it barely has enough signatures to half-fill VBCC. With the social distancing requirements, I would think this effort needs to be stronger, since they'd have problems gathering in the streets like UAB fans did. They need their own Tim Alexander to motivate them.

I did not know E.J. Brophy was not the UAH AD now. Does anyone know where he has moved to at this time. (He played baseball for UAB and is married to former "Golden Girl" Cindy Wooten)
Yesterday 02:19 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(Yesterday 02:19 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  
(Yesterday 12:20 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  

I did not know E.J. Brophy was not the UAH AD now. Does anyone know where he has moved to at this time. (He played baseball for UAB and is married to former "Golden Girl" Cindy Wooten)

EJ had 25 years in the system so he retired. Maybe he saw these cuts coming. Think he's heading to the private sector but not sure about that. There was an article not long ago about his retirement but I can't seem to locate it right now. One of the nicest guys to ever work for UAB Athletics and a heck of a baseball Blazer. From all accounts a very competent administrator.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 03:35 PM by BlazerGreen.)
Yesterday 03:33 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
Special Teams

saving hockey last time was the payoff for hanging UAB out to dry during the last fight. somehow I do not think there will be any support for their cause coming from Birmingham area legislatures
Yesterday 03:44 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(Yesterday 03:44 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  

saving hockey last time was the payoff for hanging UAB out to dry during the last fight. somehow I do not think there will be any support for their cause coming from Birmingham area legislatures

I know they have plenty of good reasons but the lack of success really hurts their cause. Last seasons 2-26-6 makes competitiveness look pretty far off. I've read it here several times but we were very fortunate to have that one season of hope with Coach Clark before the shutdown.
Yesterday 03:55 PM
Advertisement

Blazer88 Offline
All American

Don’t they have to play teams in Michigan exclusively? They probably shouldn’t have a program
Yesterday 07:50 PM
C-Finder Offline
Special Teams

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama%...ice_hockey

Arizona State is the other Sunbelt team in D1 04-jawdrop
Yesterday 08:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2020 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.