05-21-2020 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Ratcliffe Confirmed
Yup.

In a few short weeks Ambassador Grinnell handed them their asss so many times I’m surprised the vote by dims wasn’t unanimous for Ratcliffe.

Now, don’t let up. Hammer down. Hammer time
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020 12:27 PM by JMUDunk.)
05-21-2020 12:27 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Ratcliffe Confirmed
And yet again, the Senate cedes their responsibility and the law and confirms an unqualified hack. Heckuva job Mitchy!

Quote:It wasn’t just that Ratcliffe would have been the least qualified DNI in the position’s short history, dating back to post-9/11 intelligence-community reforms; it was that even the weak résumé he did have was embellished. Nominating qualified candidates is a good idea in general, but in the case of the DNI, it’s required by law: “Any individual nominated for appointment as Director of National Intelligence shall have extensive national security expertise.” Not only did Ratcliffe not have that, but he’d overstated what he did have. He claimed that as a U.S. Attorney in eastern Texas he had tried suspects who funneled money to Hamas, but he had not; he hadn’t even been a confirmed U.S. Attorney, and his claims to have overseen terrorism prosecutions didn’t hold up.
The First Nomination as Tragedy, the Second as Farce

Can't wait for the gnashing of teeth should Biden somehow keep it together enough pull off a victory in November, when all his nominees will suddenly all be unqualified. 03-lol

Congratulations!
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020 01:17 PM by Redwingtom.)
05-21-2020 01:17 PM
Advertisement

appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(05-21-2020 01:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And yet again, the Senate cedes their responsibility and the law and confirms an unqualified hack. Heckuva job Mitchy!

Quote:It wasn’t just that Ratcliffe would have been the least qualified DNI in the position’s short history, dating back to post-9/11 intelligence-community reforms; it was that even the weak résumé he did have was embellished. Nominating qualified candidates is a good idea in general, but in the case of the DNI, it’s required by law: “Any individual nominated for appointment as Director of National Intelligence shall have extensive national security expertise.” Not only did Ratcliffe not have that, but he’d overstated what he did have. He claimed that as a U.S. Attorney in eastern Texas he had tried suspects who funneled money to Hamas, but he had not; he hadn’t even been a confirmed U.S. Attorney, and his claims to have overseen terrorism prosecutions didn’t hold up.

Can't wait for the gnashing of teeth should Biden somehow keep it together enough pull off a victory in November, when all his nominees will suddenly all be unqualified. 03-lol

Congratulations!

Okay, Karen.
05-21-2020 01:21 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(05-21-2020 01:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And yet again, the Senate cedes their responsibility and the law and confirms an unqualified hack. Heckuva job Mitchy!

Congratulations!

The fact that TOm and the ATlantic are on their knees blowing Dan Coates is all I need to know that he was a bad apple. The fact that Grennell declassified and released documents that Coates could have done more than a year ago is also proof.
05-21-2020 01:33 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

Congratulations!

Now remind me again who was Barry’s DNI? Highly qualified at spying on political opponents is not what I would call ‘properly qualified’.
05-21-2020 01:52 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I would have preferred that Grennel would have remained as THE DNI head. Why he wasn't nominated is a mystery to me. But, that's no problem, if Grennel remained as Assistant he could still keep doing what he's doing. There's no reason it can't be done. Do it!
05-21-2020 02:07 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Congratulations!

I'm not as concerned about his potential nominees not being qualified, moreso that Sloe himself clearly isn't fit.

That obvious point aside, do you honestly believe that the Clapper was a good DNI? A straight shooter?

And, of course, to point out another obvious fact, it's the Atlantic. A rags, rag since at least 1978 or so.
05-21-2020 02:31 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It's amazing to me that just because people read an article about politics that they will believe what is told to them. What...don't writers have biases? Just because a writer can join words together to make a sentence does not make that writer a genius and his comments believable above others. I tend to make my own judgments. Believing everything that is spoon fed doesn't make me any smarter than my neighbors who are way too sick with TDS. These people believe everything the late night "comedians" and The View tell them. The husband for one reads at a fifth grade level if that. I don't argue with them as it would be tantamount to arguing with a drunkard, you won't get anywhere.
05-21-2020 06:59 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(05-21-2020 01:17 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Can't wait for the gnashing of teeth should Biden somehow keep it together enough pull off a victory in November, when all his nominees will suddenly all be unqualified. 03-lol

Congratulations!

Should that unlikely scenario take place, Biden's victory speech would be almost required viewing. He can no longer talk off the top of his head, can barely read a teleprompter and might wonder out loud what all the people were there to celebrate.

It won't happen though.
05-21-2020 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.