Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another leftist Governor goes Punitive on a 'Rule Breaker'
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Another leftist Governor goes Punitive on a 'Rule Breaker'
Lindsey Graham (unfortunate name) opened her Salon in defiance of the Governor's orders. So what did the Governor do?

Quote:During a Friday press conference, Graham said multiple government agencies, including child protective services, have investigated her for wanting to reopen her salon and make a living.

"And, if you can possibly believe this, on May 7th, Child Protective Services showed up at my home," she said, taking a deep breath while holding back tears. "They questioned my husband and I. They questioned my child, without me present. They searched our home. And I've never expected such a violent, aggressive, vindictive thing ever could have been done to me or my family because I'm trying to earn a living, because I'm trying to work."

According to the salon owner, CPS' case is still open, as far as she knows.

"They are still insisting that they want to talk to my three-year-old daughter," Graham said. "So I don't know if they're going to try to talk to my eight-week-old newborn. We'll see. But they did check his diaper."

She said the concerns the CPS listed "were completely random, unmerited, unwarranted and unprovable."

Quote:Not only did CPS come after Graham's family but Oregon's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) slapped her with a $14,000 fine. The state's licensing board also threatened to pull the licenses of every single stylist at the salon, which would prevent them from working at other salons throughout the state.

The owner says there are 23 stylists in her salon, all independent contractors, not her employees. As of now, three stylists have decided to return to work. Although Graham can't give an exact number, she estimates each stylist is seeing three to four clients per day.
"I've worked my whole life to build the businesses that I've built and they want to take away my entire right to do that," Graham explained.

"I feel persecuted by Kate Brown herself because she's governing these agencies. She's allowing them to target me and, if not, requesting them to target me because every agency she has underneath her has come at me at this point," the owner said.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I swear that there has to be a lawsuit in there somewhere. She should call the Rutherford Institute, a civil rights law firm that takes on just these kinds of cases. This Governor has weaponized state government to enforce her unconstitutional orders.

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown's Shady Way of Shutting Down Businesses: Sticking CPS on Parents
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020 04:34 PM by MileHighBronco.)
05-17-2020 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Another leftist Governor goes Punitive on a 'Rule Breaker'
(05-17-2020 04:33 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Lindsey Graham opened her Salon

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

[Image: tenor.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020 04:58 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
05-17-2020 04:56 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:A Michigan salon owner who was issued a cease-and-desist order by local police after she defied the state’s stay-at-home order amid the coronavirus pandemic by opening her business said she had to reopen or else she would “lose everything.”

Speaking on “Fox & Friends Weekend” on Sunday, Sarah Huff, the owner of Ardor+Grit Salon and Lounge in Holland, Mich., added that if she did not reopen her employees would “also not have a job to go back to.”

“They also have bills to pay,” Huff said. “They have a family to also support and feed. They also have their own mortgages and I have mine.”

In an emotional Facebook video Huff posted on Thursday she said, “How do you deem ones life essential over another? Please tell me that… I will lose my house, I will lose my business, I will lose my freaking livelihood if I do not go back to work.”

Huff received a cease-and-desist order after she reopened her salon on Friday. Huff said the entire salon was sterilized the day before. She said she is only allowing two to three people in the salon at a time to adhere to social distancing guidelines. She said she was also wearing gloves and a face mask all day and had some available for her clients as well.

Huff has been overwhelmed with the request for appointments.

Host Pete Hegseth asked Huff if she plans to reopen on Monday given she received a cease-and-desist order.

“Right now I don't really know what I'm going to do,” Huff said in response.

“The authorities do have stuff over me so I am basically waiting and praying about it.”

She added that she also has been speaking with her lawyer.

When asked what the possible consequences are, Huff said, “I think really anything at this point is possible.”

“My license could be taken away, I could go to jail. I believe it's up to a year possibly in jail,” she continued. “It's not who I am. I don't go against the grain. I am not the type of person, I do not like to get in trouble so this is not who I am, and it's definitely a scary situation.”

Link
05-17-2020 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
There's a breaking point somewhere that's dangerously close to being reached and it won't end well for anyone involved.
05-17-2020 07:45 PM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(05-17-2020 07:45 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  There's a breaking point somewhere that's dangerously close to being reached and it won't end well for anyone involved.

No doubt about it. Going after the children? Like what in the hell is that move.

We are already on a slippery slope and it just keeps getting slippery.
05-17-2020 07:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.