Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mollie-McConnell needs to get to work
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/15/mem...ssia-hoax/

"...They should remember that. They should know that the Republican base is every bit as angry about the Russia hoax as they were about Kavanaugh. And they should know that Americans who care about corrupt government are not seeing nearly enough effort coming from the Senate.

If McConnell doesn’t start demanding more be done to hold the Resistance responsible for its damaging and dangerous Russia collusion hoax, his party will lose, and he won’t confirm another judge in his lifetime."
05-15-2020 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Mollie-McConnell needs to get to work
(05-15-2020 02:23 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/15/mem...ssia-hoax/

"...They should remember that. They should know that the Republican base is every bit as angry about the Russia hoax as they were about Kavanaugh. And they should know that Americans who care about corrupt government are not seeing nearly enough effort coming from the Senate.

If McConnell doesn’t start demanding more be done to hold the Resistance responsible for its damaging and dangerous Russia collusion hoax, his party will lose, and he won’t confirm another judge in his lifetime."

Yep. This whole treasonous Russia crap perpetrated by the outgoing Obama administration has plenty of people livid. They can’t just look the other way and allow those involved to get off Scott free....

Makes one wonder if the Republican controlled Senate isn’t dragging their feet because they know if they start turning over rocks, they know rotten stuff they’ve been involved in will also come to light.

Our federal government is such a cesspool of corruption and graft on both sides.........they all really want us to remain sheeple and look the other way while they rape the citizenry..........
05-15-2020 03:56 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
They got a pretty big bite at the apple already. It will still carry the Sunday line-up some folks tune into for some reason.

Now, we'll wait til Durham drops. That looks like the bombshell boomerang right there.

I and many others said from day 1 of the Cank floating this kookey idea about Russians "hacking" our election. This is ALL projection. Whatever claims they make, start looking around, very likely it's exactly the behavior and deeds they've been involved in. It's how they know so much detail about what they allege.
05-15-2020 04:03 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-15-2020 02:23 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/15/mem...ssia-hoax/

I'm sorry, but McConnell couldn't lead a sex addict to a whorehouse. And McCarthy is so innocuous that I have to look up his name every time I want to type it to make sure I spell it right. Before him, Ryan and Boehner might have been more visible, but didn't accomplish much either.

I despise Schumer and Pelosi, but at least they are passionate about what they are doing. Their republican counterparts seem just to be going through the motions. And passion beats going through the motions every time, which frankly scares the hell out of me.

The last time I saw any passion out of the republicans was Newt's Contract in 1994, which led to the biggest republican electoral victory in my lifetime. Unfortunately, republicans pretty much lost the plot after that, ending up with the ill-advised Monicagate boondoggle. They were so blinded by their visceral, emotional, irrational hatred of the Clintons that they let it get the better of their senses. Democrats seem similarly blinded by visceral, emotional, irrational hatred of Donald Trump these days. But if republicans don't start putting up a better defense, they are going to come up short versus the passion that hatred inspires.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But my enemies' enemies suck at being enemies.
05-16-2020 10:06 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-16-2020 10:06 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

I'm sorry, but McConnell couldn't lead a sex addict to a whorehouse. And McCarthy is so innocuous that I have to look up his name every time I want to type it to make sure I spell it right. Before him, Ryan and Boehner might have been more visible, but didn't accomplish much either.

I despise Schumer and Pelosi, but at least they are passionate about what they are doing. Their republican counterparts seem just to be going through the motions. And passion beats going through the motions every time, which frankly scares the hell out of me.

The last time I saw any passion out of the republicans was Newt's Contract in 1994, which led to the biggest republican electoral victory in my lifetime. Unfortunately, republicans pretty much lost the plot after that, ending up with the ill-advised Monicagate boondoggle. They were so blinded by their visceral, emotional, irrational hatred of the Clintons that they let it get the better of their senses. Democrats seem similarly blinded by visceral, emotional, irrational hatred of Donald Trump these days. But if republicans don't start putting up a better defense, they are going to come up short versus the passion that hatred inspires.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But my enemies' enemies suck at being enemies.

I didn't really have a problem with Ryan. He at least got a budget passed on time. But Boehner and McConnell are just incompetent and completely ignorant of what they were dealing with on the other side of the aisle. They are perfect examples of the Peter Principle. They stayed around until they got to the top and were proven incompetent. At least McConnell cares enough about judges to get that part done.
05-16-2020 11:36 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
I’ll give McConnell credit for the judges and justices. He’s been more than steady on that, it’s been rather remarkable really.

If the POTUS gets another term and Rs keep the senate (and that’s gonna be tough, 23 seats to defend I think it is) the transformation will be generational if it’s not already.

Other than that he’s kind of a behind the scenes operator. He doesn’t dive for every camera within eyeshot like those other two you mentioned.
05-16-2020 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.