Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Pelosi's Wish list
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Pelosi's Wish list
Everybody gets an artisan ice cream!

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020 05:22 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
05-12-2020 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

RE: Pelosi's Wish list
Quote:Listen to this. Sounds like she really is going to try to keep people locked up as long as possible (till November, perhaps?), decimate the economy as much as she possibly can and make people reliant on the government.

First, she says we can’t open until we can “test everyone” “treatment” “isolation.” “God, willing we get a virus, I mean a vaccine, or a therapy soon and that would be helpful to opening up.”

Second, we need to “honor” people including teachers and trash collectors. No offense to teachers and trash collectors but everyone is dealing with this. No, teachers (and I’m one) are not any more heroic than anyone else here. What does that have to do with either the dealing with the virus or opening up the economy? How about honoring them and us all by treating us like adults, letting those who can do it reasonably and safely, go back to work? Apparently “honoring” means throwing more money at state and local governments (huh?).

Third, we have to put “money in the pockets of the American people.” “The hunger doesn’t take a pause, the rent doesn’t take a pause,” Pelosi said. But she’s the one, who through her own “pauses” causing weeks of delay for both the original virus relief bill and the subsequent refusing of the Paycheck Protection Program may have thrown millions more out of work. It’s hard to calculate just how many businesses went under and how many she did in because she was trying to push Democratic agenda items like mail-in voting and give $25 million to the Kennedy Center.

This, while she was enjoying time with her grandchildren coming from New York (while other Americans could not visit their grandchildren or grandparents) in front of her luxury double refrigerators and a freezer full of designer ice cream.

And she’s the one trying to argue Trump is out of touch? Trump and Republicans were the ones pushing for the PPP, helping small businesses and Americans while she was chowing on ice cream. She was bragging about saying they’d refused when she initially delayed the refunding as millions were being thrown out of work.

So what does all this ultimately mean? We must pass the 1,800-page, $3 trillion bill that she’s pushing that has had no Republican input and no one has seen, and we can’t have “too much conversation” about it.

Hello, “we need to pass it to find out what’s in it” Part Two.

Then they will blame Republicans for not caring about the American people as she tries to hold Americans hostage to get her list of goodies and agenda items passed.

Just disgraceful.

Link

When Pelosi says we do not need much discussion, hang on to your a$$, it is about to be poked. Sorry, Pelosi, we ain't falling for that again and the Senate will tear it up.
05-12-2020 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Not to assistance to states with revenue shortfalls, incase the crazy BIATCH hasn't noticed the federal government is dealing with revenue shortfalls. Blue states are full of smart people, so we're told 01-wingedeagle, let them solve their own problems. No more stimulus checks, but yes to payroll tax break to incent people to return to work.
05-12-2020 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
What's so heroic about being a teacher? Your f'in students aren't even coming to school. You drop a lesson online to them once or twice a week. You haven't missed a paycheck. And most are getting extra stimulus checks because their AGI is under 75-99k.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2020 06:03 PM by BuffaloTN.)
05-12-2020 06:03 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

05-12-2020 07:07 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Enemies of America. Disgusting.
05-12-2020 08:04 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Why do these old evil people live so freaking long? Die already, it appears to be the only way you'll ever leave office. I know that's harsh but there it is.
05-12-2020 08:09 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
I’m sure the bolsheviks had hero’s too...
05-12-2020 10:36 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-12-2020 08:09 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Why do these old evil people live so freaking long? Die already, it appears to be the only way you'll ever leave office. I know that's harsh but there it is.

ya want harsh....you got it, pal....

couldn't help but laugh at this coyote fugly karaoke....

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020 01:39 AM by stinkfist.)
05-13-2020 01:31 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-12-2020 06:03 PM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  What's so heroic about being a teacher? Your f'in students aren't even coming to school. You drop a lesson online to them once or twice a week. You haven't missed a paycheck. And most are getting extra stimulus checks because their AGI is under 75-99k.

online 'learning' is the dumbest fk'n thing anyone could believe is relevant in developing a variety of skill sets within the 'scrum'....

it's unfk'n-believable how any PERSON WITH A FK'N BRAIN worth it's weight in H2O can rationally deem this as acceptable protocol....

the social impact alone is a crippler....

FK THIS BS
05-13-2020 01:36 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
This is DOA.
05-13-2020 05:42 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
After you strip all of the "not really corona" related stuff out of that thing, there is only about $250Mil for real corona relief....... 03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead
05-13-2020 07:18 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
All of the Hose Dems, and elected Dems nationally should be rounded up and prosecuted.

Encouraging Illegal Aliens To Remain In The U.S. Is A Crime, U.S. Supreme Court Rules
Saturday, May 9, 2020
On Thursday, May 7, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling by unanimous decision and Justice Ginsburg delivered the opinion of the Court making it a “federal felony to ‘encourag[e] or induc[e] an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law,’ §1324(a)(1)(A)(iv), and impose an enhanced penalty if the crime is ‘done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain,’ §1324(a)(1)(B)(i).”

Supreme Court’s decision overturned the earlier decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, which ultimately concluded, in accord with the invited amici’s arguments, that §1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) was unconstitutionally overbroad. 910 F. 3d 461, 485 (2018). The Government petitioned for the U.S. Supreme Court’s review because the judgment of the Court of Appeals invalidated a federal statute. Pet. for Cert. 24. The U.S. Supreme Court granted the petition. 588 U. S. ___ (2019).

What they have been doing in sanctuary cities in California, New York, and cities in other states is no less than criminal facilitation and a clear violation of federal law and is a federal felony crime.

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2020/5/9/40...emain.aspx
05-13-2020 08:46 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-13-2020 05:42 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  This is DOA.

I think the D's knew that all along. IMO, the intent of this isn't to actually ge it passed, but to use the expected Repub backlash against them going forward. Politics, simple as that.
05-13-2020 08:50 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(05-13-2020 08:50 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

I think the D's knew that all along. IMO, the intent of this isn't to actually ge it passed, but to use the expected Repub backlash against them going forward. Politics, simple as that.

Yup +2
05-13-2020 08:55 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU

Amazingly enough they aren't even good at that. If the goal was to just pass something that has no shot of going through but would make the GOP look bad for stopping just ram through 2k a month UBI for whatever time period you think people are going to remain out of work in mass numbers. That would be simple, straight forward, easy for everyone to digest, and real easy to say when McConnell stopped it "the GOP doesn't care about people going broke during a crisis." Instead she passes this trash that has so much garbage in it that I can't even blame the GOP for not wanting to pass and won't actually cause them any political harm. It's almost like the Dems are just controlled opposition for corporate interests.
05-13-2020 09:15 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-13-2020 09:15 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Amazingly enough they aren't even good at that. If the goal was to just pass something that has no shot of going through but would make the GOP look bad for stopping just ram through 2k a month UBI for whatever time period you think people are going to remain out of work in mass numbers. That would be simple, straight forward, easy for everyone to digest, and real easy to say when McConnell stopped it "the GOP doesn't care about people going broke during a crisis." Instead she passes this trash that has so much garbage in it that I can't even blame the GOP for not wanting to pass and won't actually cause them any political harm. It's almost like the Dems are just controlled opposition for corporate interests.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but the D's are swinging for the fence. I mean, why only have one thing to complain about when they can have multiple? All we wil hear is, "The R's don't care about the people because they are opposing this proposed legislation". We will hear that until November, which IMO is the primary purpose of this legislation.
05-13-2020 09:24 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(05-13-2020 09:24 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but the D's are swinging for the fence. I mean, why only have one thing to complain about when they can have multiple? All we wil hear is, "The R's don't care about the people because they are opposing this proposed legislation". We will hear that until November, which IMO is the primary purpose of this legislation.

Oh I agree that's what they are trying to do with this, but they are doing an intentionally horrible job at it. They pass something bloated with bailouts for lobbyists, SALT tax nonsense, and all kinds of other things and still only include 1 time payments for people. The only people this bill plays for are the people that are already going to vote blue anyway. The Dems are just the controlled opposition for corporate interests. They don't want to actually put something simple and popular like UBI out there, because then people might actually expect them to do it.
05-13-2020 09:31 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(05-13-2020 09:31 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Oh I agree that's what they are trying to do with this, but they are doing an intentionally horrible job at it. They pass something bloated with bailouts for lobbyists, SALT tax nonsense, and all kinds of other things and still only include 1 time payments for people. The only people this bill plays for are the people that are already going to vote blue anyway. The Dems are just the controlled opposition for corporate interests. They don't want to actually put something simple and popular like UBI out there, because then people might actually expect them to do it.

Most people are idiots and dont have a clue on whats going on. To win the Nov election both sides are going to need the working class in the swing states.

When you put everything but the kitchen sink in a bill it clutters it up. Those working class people that both parties are needing can see all the pork and not wont to pay for it. So they can just as easily blame the dem. for it as reps.

You write a bill saying we feel your pain and $2000 a month for each American and only those with a SS number. Till we recover. Then it gets rejected by Republicans those working class people could turn on the President. It would put Trump against the Republicans because if he didnt come out fighting....

its going to make it hard to win a 2nd term. Even against Biden.

So I agree it was a stupid move by the democrat controlled house. People understand something as clear as the only thing at play is money going into my pocket. When you load it with 2 trillion in pork and other things it gives the other side a way out to vote against it
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020 01:42 PM by WKUYG.)
05-13-2020 01:40 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(05-13-2020 01:40 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 09:31 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 08:50 AM)VA49er Wrote:  I think the D's knew that all along. IMO, the intent of this isn't to actually ge it passed, but to use the expected Repub backlash against them going forward. Politics, simple as that.

Most people are idiots and dont have a clue on whats going on. To win the Nov election both sides are going to need the working class in the swing states.

When you put everything but the kitchen sink in a bill it clutters it up. Those working class people that both parties are needing can see all the pork and not wont to pay for it. So they can just as easily blame the dem. for it as reps.

You write a bill saying we feel your pain and $2000 a month for each American and only those with a SS number. Till we recover. Then it gets rejected by Republicans those working class people could turn on the President. It would put Trump against the Republicans because if he didnt come out fighting....

its going to make it hard to win a 2nd term. Even against Biden.

So I agree it was a stupid move by the democrat controlled house. People understand something as clear as the only thing at play is money going into my pocket. When you load it with 2 trillion in pork and other things it gives the other side a way out to vote against it

Exactly. The reality is there's nothing the Dem house would pass that McConnell would ever allow to go through. So any bill they pass is purely about symbolism and messaging. If they were an actual functioning opposition party they would pass a 1 page bill saying we are going to give every American citizen 2k a month until the end of the crisis, and then force the GOP to tell people that are going broke and have lost their jobs why they can't do it after giving corporations unfathomable amounts of money. The Dems are the controlled opposition of corporate interests. When it's convenient they'll pretend to stand up for workers and against big business, but when push comes to shove they don't care about working class people in any way.
05-13-2020 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.