Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Zion's ex-rep says his family took $ for him to attend Duke
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Zion's ex-rep says his family took $ for him to attend Duke
In other "surprising" news: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2915...ike-adidas
Quote:Attorneys representing Zion Williamson's former marketing representative and her company have asked the New Orleans Pelicans star to admit that his mother and stepfather demanded and received gifts, money and other benefits from persons acting on behalf of Adidas and Nike and also from people associated with Duke to influence him to sign with the Blue Devils and to wear Nike or Adidas products.
Quote:In a filing with Miami-Dade County court last week, Ford's attorneys asked Williamson to admit that several statements were true, including:

-- Sharonda Sampson, Williamson's mother, and Lee Anderson, his stepfather, "demanded and received gifts and economic benefits from persons acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly) to influence [Williamson] to attend Duke University to play basketball."

-- Sampson and Anderson "demanded and received gifts, money and/or other benefits from persons on behalf of Nike (directly and/or indirectly) to influence [Williamson] to attend Duke University to play basketball."

-- Sampson and Anderson "demanded and received gifts, money and/or other benefits from persons acting on behalf of Adidas (directly and/or indirectly) to influence [Williamson] to wear Adidas shoes" and to "influence [Williamson] to attend a college that endorsed Adidas shoes."

-- Before becoming a student at Duke, Williamson "or person(s) acting on [his] behalf (including but not limited to Sharonda Sampson and Lee Anderson) accepted benefits from a NCAA-certified agent that are not expressly permitted by the NCAA legislation" between Jan. 1, 2014 and April 14, 2019.
05-10-2020 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
RE: Zion's ex-rep says his family took $ for him to attend Duke
(05-10-2020 06:02 PM)Wedge Wrote:  In other "surprising" news: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Quote:Attorneys representing Zion Williamson's former marketing representative and her company have asked the New Orleans Pelicans star to admit that his mother and stepfather demanded and received gifts, money and other benefits from persons acting on behalf of Adidas and Nike and also from people associated with Duke to influence him to sign with the Blue Devils and to wear Nike or Adidas products.
Quote:In a filing with Miami-Dade County court last week, Ford's attorneys asked Williamson to admit that several statements were true, including:

-- Sharonda Sampson, Williamson's mother, and Lee Anderson, his stepfather, "demanded and received gifts and economic benefits from persons acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly) to influence [Williamson] to attend Duke University to play basketball."

-- Sampson and Anderson "demanded and received gifts, money and/or other benefits from persons on behalf of Nike (directly and/or indirectly) to influence [Williamson] to attend Duke University to play basketball."

-- Sampson and Anderson "demanded and received gifts, money and/or other benefits from persons acting on behalf of Adidas (directly and/or indirectly) to influence [Williamson] to wear Adidas shoes" and to "influence [Williamson] to attend a college that endorsed Adidas shoes."

-- Before becoming a student at Duke, Williamson "or person(s) acting on [his] behalf (including but not limited to Sharonda Sampson and Lee Anderson) accepted benefits from a NCAA-certified agent that are not expressly permitted by the NCAA legislation" between Jan. 1, 2014 and April 14, 2019.

SO ******* WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NCAA does not give a damn what Duke or UNC do and will always default that it was not their fault but the fault of some bad outside actor that Duke could not possibly know about - re: Corey Maggettie. There is no telling what the NCAA will do to NC State for what Duke let happen.
05-10-2020 07:06 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
I mean, I don't think anyone's shocked that Duke's been buying their trophies. I also don't think anyone expects the NCAA to do anything about it.
05-11-2020 09:27 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
"Former marketing rep" sounds like .... jilted agent who didn't get signed by Zion for the big dollars when he entered the NBA? Possible ax to grind?
05-11-2020 09:30 AM
Spinal070508 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Basketball
(05-11-2020 09:30 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  "Former marketing rep" sounds like .... jilted agent who didn't get signed by Zion for the big dollars when he entered the NBA? Possible ax to grind?
Zion signed with them for 5 years apparently and went ahead and signed with a bigger agency after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
05-11-2020 09:37 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-11-2020 09:37 AM)Spinal070508 Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 09:30 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  "Former marketing rep" sounds like .... jilted agent who didn't get signed by Zion for the big dollars when he entered the NBA? Possible ax to grind?
Zion signed with them for 5 years apparently and went ahead and signed with a bigger agency after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well there you go, sounds like reason to be bitter.
05-11-2020 09:47 AM
Advertisement

Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn

I mean.....how often does the person suing you for breach of contract not have an "ax to grind"?
05-11-2020 09:52 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Like I said in the other thread, if it was happening at Kansas, its hard to believe it wasn't happening at UNC, Duke and UK.
05-11-2020 10:17 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
I mean if the Lance Thomas scandal didn't penalize anyone or anything, why would Zion's?
05-11-2020 10:19 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
How soon until Dickie V. goes to the media to disavow and throw shame on Zion's former rep?
05-11-2020 10:49 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

#leftatthealtar

+2 for you
05-11-2020 12:33 PM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(05-11-2020 09:37 AM)Spinal070508 Wrote:  

Reggie Bush also did this -- dumped the original guys and signed with a big-time agency when he was preparing to negotiate his first pro contract. Then they sued him and exposed the $ he got from and through them while he played at USC.
05-11-2020 02:57 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-11-2020 10:17 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Like I said in the other thread, if it was happening at Kansas, its hard to believe it wasn't happening at UNC, Duke and UK.

I'm not saying it didn't happen with Zion, I don't know one way or the other. But the source of the accusations is highly suspect. It will be more believable when neutral sources come forward.
05-12-2020 09:04 AM
Scoochpooch1 Offline
All American

I Root For: P4
(05-10-2020 06:02 PM)Wedge Wrote:  In other "surprising" news: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Duke cheating? I never would have thought this.

But seriously, Kent State will pay for this.
05-12-2020 11:38 AM
Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
College basketball is so dirty it makes me puke. Has been for a long time. Sadly the name schools rarely get penalized.
05-12-2020 12:54 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
(05-12-2020 11:38 AM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  Duke cheating? I never would have thought this.

Coach K can win at Duke without cheating. He's doing it at an academic power. I bet if cheating has gone on, he's known little about it.
05-12-2020 01:09 PM
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(05-12-2020 01:09 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  
(05-12-2020 11:38 AM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  Duke cheating? I never would have thought this.

Coach K can win at Duke without cheating. He's doing it at an academic power. I bet if cheating has gone on, he's known little about it.

I doubt there's much of anything that goes on about Duke basketball that Coach K doesn't know about.
05-12-2020 02:42 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
With all these recent moves, the sham of the NCAA and amateurism in college sports will be put out front...

The self fulfilling prophecy of media contracts and revenue sports funding other activities will be shown a house of cards...
05-13-2020 08:44 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-12-2020 12:54 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  College basketball is so dirty it makes me puke. Has been for a long time. Sadly the name schools rarely get penalized.

Kentucky has been penalized several times, including the death penalty. There seem to be favorites and a bad list. SMU is definitely on the bad list.
05-13-2020 09:01 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
i smell a huge beat down on UNC-Central from the NCAA coming.
05-13-2020 09:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.