Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Karens Exposed: Names Of People Who Snitched On Their Neighbors Leaks Online
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Karens Exposed: Names Of People Who Snitched On Their Neighbors Leaks Online
[Image: 96f8e4bdc30699448348fb1663a0506eea18014d...;amp;h=527]

Quote:Hundreds of people have been exposed for reporting people who have flouted social distancing rules and some are now scared they could receive a backlash.

The names and addresses of approximately 900 people in Missouri were released as part of a media request under the Sunshine Law, which allows for the release of information submitted to a public agency (except for wrongdoing and abuse tips).

St. Louis County had urged the community to share details of anyone not following guidelines in response to the coronavirus pandemic and noted in the terms and conditions that information may be shared publicly.

However some people may not have read the small print submitted tips via an online form and email from the end of March.

Many had asked for their communications to remain private.

Still the documents published online ended up being shared on social media and one man, Jared Totsch, helped it spread further as he posted in a Facebook group: 'Here ya go. The gallery of snitches, busybodies, and employees who rat out their own neighbors and employers over the Panic-demic.'

The complaints resulted in 29 businesses receiving citations in April and now people are worried they may get fired as a result of reporting the company they work for, or that other people may retaliate.

'I'm not only worried about COVID, I'm worried about someone showing up at my door, showing up at my workplace or me getting fired for doing what is right,' a tipster named Patricia told KSDK.

'When there is something that happens next time, I'm not going to feel safe or protected enough to call the local authorities.'

Patricia has Lupus and two other people in her household have auto-immune diseases which put them at high risk of getting seriously ill or dying it they contract coronavirus.

'We're in a society where doing what's right doesn't always get rewarded,' she said. 'We have to be extra careful because we don't have the strength to fight this.

'I saw a lot of businesses that were non-essential that were open and had lines outside, parking lots filled as if the order didn't matter to them. And that was kinda frustrating.'

Patricia – who did not want her last name to be mentioned – said in a video interview that she believes the personal information should have been redacted.

The St. Louis County executive's director of communications, Doug Moore, explained that they are not allowed to redact.

'In this particular instance, our county counselor's office consulted with the [attorney general]'s office on releasing the list of those who had filed complaints against county businesses,' Moore said. 'We were told all the information was public and we should not redact (except for HIPAA information).

'Withholding information goes against what journalists push us to be – as transparent as possible.'

Totsch, who shared the information on social media, said he had seen it in another group first.

He showed no remorse and admitted that he published the information to stop people from reporting businesses and individuals in future during the pandemic.

'If they are worried about retaliation, they should have read the fine print which stated their tips would be open public record subject to a Sunshine request, and should not have submitted tips in that manner to begin with,' Totsch wrote. 'I released the info in an attempt to discourage such behavior in the future.'

Asked how he felt about some possibly losing their job because their email was published, Totsch was under the impression it would be deserved.

'I'd call it poetic justice, instant Karma, a dose of their own medicine. What goes around, comes around,' Tosch wrote. 'They are now experiencing the same pain that they themselves helped to inflict on those they filed complaints against.'

In Tulsa, Oklahoma last month Lt. Meulenberg said the department's call volume has increased substantially with residents ratting out businesses and neighbors alike, though they can't respond to all of them.

A bar owner said more than a dozen motorcyclists showed up unannounced, but he served them a round of shots anyway to celebrate a birthday.

Another live-streamed a drag queen show on Facebook while up to 20 people drank inside the locked bar, ignoring police when they knocked on the door.

Both were busted - and received misdemeanor citations and court dates - after police responded to tips that the bars were violating the mayor's order shuttering all nonessential businesses to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.

In some places, investigators are patrolling the streets, looking for violators.

A team enforcing Denver's shelter-in-place order issued five citations - including to Hobby Lobby and a Game Stop franchise that claimed it was essential - and more than 600 warnings to businesses and individuals as of last month, city spokesman Alton Dillard said. The team also patrols neighborhoods, parks and recreation areas.

In Newark, New Jersey, police shut down 15 businesses in one night and cited 161 people for violating the governor's restrictions, saying others would be next if they didn't heed directives. And Maryland State Police said they'd conducted nearly 6,600 business and crowd compliance checks.

In Chicago, a yoga studio that believed it qualified as an essential health and wellness service was closed after the city - tipped off by several residents - disagreed. Teacher Naveed Abidi of Bikram Yoga West Loop studio said he thought the studio could remain open if the space was sanitized, class size limited and students stayed far enough apart.

Chicago police even disbanded a funeral Sunday after seeing a group of up to 60 people, many elderly, congregating inside a church, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

Naugatuck, Connecticut, resident Gwen Becker said she was 'mortified' when she drove by a golf course and saw a crowd gathered around a food truck and eating at tables together. So she took a video that her friend posted on Facebook - prompting the mayor to shut down the course.

Link

Sometimes I thing a mass Ass Kicking is Called for.
05-04-2020 12:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Karens Exposed: Names Of People Who Snitched On Their Neighbors Leaks Online
File this under the 'Duh' category. New Rasmussen study says......

Quote:And when we look closely at the demographics of snitching, it is clear that some are more eager than others to join that army of informants. Findings from a recent Rasmussen poll using a representative sample of 1,200 registered voters revealed that the most likely conscripts in this new COVID militia are self-identified liberals who claim membership in the Democratic Party. In the poll, when respondents were asked whether they would report neighbors for holding a social gathering in their home of between 15 to 20 individuals in violation of COVID-19 stay at home orders, 44 percent of Democrats would turn in their neighbors, but only 25 percent of Republicans would do so.

The most disturbing finding from the Rasmussen poll is the dramatic difference in willingness to inform on neighbors by age. Millennials are significantly more likely to see themselves as willing to be informants with 43 percent of all those age 18-24 and 44 percent of those who are age 25-34 claiming to be willing to turn in their neighbors to the police. Willingness to inform takes a dip after age 35 with those over 35 significantly less likely to turn their neighbors in. Only 34 percent of those over 35 are willing to act as snitches. The cohort least likely to turn in their neighbors are those age 65 and up. Only 28 percent of senior citizens — those that one might predict would be the busybodies of the study — would be willing to snitch on their neighbors.

Wonder if that age thing has to do with education/miseducation and understanding/remembering WHERE this willingness to turn others in was forcibly built into the culture?

Rasmussen Poll: Liberals Significantly More Likely to Snitch Than Conservatives
05-04-2020 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Karens Exposed: Names Of People Who Snitched On Their Neighbors Leaks Online
Saw a tweet that “Karen” is the new N-word. It’s promotes misogyny and is offensive to liberal women
05-04-2020 03:11 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(05-04-2020 03:11 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Saw a tweet that “Karen” is the new N-word. It’s promotes misogyny and is offensive to liberal women

Shut up, Karen!
05-04-2020 03:12 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(05-04-2020 03:11 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Saw a tweet that “Karen” is the new N-word. It’s promotes misogyny and is offensive to liberal women

Good, I hope it really hurts their feels, but my girlfriend aint happy about it since her name is Karen.
05-04-2020 03:20 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Wellllll, that din't take long. File this one away with the "learn to code" "insult".

I see it, or hear it? Karen it is.

'Cepting the neighbors little daughter, she's a good kid.
05-04-2020 03:25 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
That’s a shame.
05-04-2020 03:26 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Good!
05-04-2020 03:28 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-04-2020 03:07 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  File this under the 'Duh' category. New Rasmussen study says......

Quote:And when we look closely at the demographics of snitching, it is clear that some are more eager than others to join that army of informants. Findings from a recent Rasmussen poll using a representative sample of 1,200 registered voters revealed that the most likely conscripts in this new COVID militia are self-identified liberals who claim membership in the Democratic Party. In the poll, when respondents were asked whether they would report neighbors for holding a social gathering in their home of between 15 to 20 individuals in violation of COVID-19 stay at home orders, 44 percent of Democrats would turn in their neighbors, but only 25 percent of Republicans would do so.

The most disturbing finding from the Rasmussen poll is the dramatic difference in willingness to inform on neighbors by age. Millennials are significantly more likely to see themselves as willing to be informants with 43 percent of all those age 18-24 and 44 percent of those who are age 25-34 claiming to be willing to turn in their neighbors to the police. Willingness to inform takes a dip after age 35 with those over 35 significantly less likely to turn their neighbors in. Only 34 percent of those over 35 are willing to act as snitches. The cohort least likely to turn in their neighbors are those age 65 and up. Only 28 percent of senior citizens — those that one might predict would be the busybodies of the study — would be willing to snitch on their neighbors.

Wonder if that age thing has to do with education/miseducation and understanding/remembering WHERE this willingness to turn others in was forcibly built into the culture?

It means they need their aseses kicked and missed too many growing up.

03-lmfao
05-04-2020 03:31 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I think that people who report their neighbors and local businesses for stay at home "violations" ought to face severe backlash. Bans from the businesses they reported, and so much scorn from the local community that they're forced to move.

But hey, that's just me.
05-04-2020 03:47 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
When I was in elementary school, if you told on someone the teachers would pin a tail to your butt and you would have to walk around the rest of the day wearing a tail and everyone calling you tattle-tell.
05-04-2020 03:50 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(05-04-2020 03:47 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I think that people who report their neighbors and local businesses for stay at home "violations" ought to face severe backlash. Bans from the businesses they reported, and so much scorn from the local community that they're forced to move.

But hey, that's just me.

Nope, not just you.

The poster child for this crap for me is that mean-faced NJ teacher screaming at a couple kids tossing a football in a park. How can she scream at them through as mask, you ask?

Cause she ain' wearing one.

Does she need to? Uh, no. She's walking the damn dog.

Do the kids running around need to wear masks and hide under their beds? Uh, no. They're playing football.

busy-bodies gotta stay busy.
05-04-2020 03:54 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-04-2020 03:25 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Wellllll, that din't take long. File this one away with the "learn to code" "insult".

I see it, or hear it? Karen it is.

'Cepting the neighbors little daughter, she's a good kid.

6 weeks ago, I remember #~1mos.....yeah, I'm still lmmfao......
05-04-2020 04:21 PM
stinkfist Offline

(05-04-2020 03:54 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(05-04-2020 03:47 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I think that people who report their neighbors and local businesses for stay at home "violations" ought to face severe backlash. Bans from the businesses they reported, and so much scorn from the local community that they're forced to move.

But hey, that's just me.

Nope, not just you.

The poster child for this crap for me is that mean-faced NJ teacher screaming at a couple kids tossing a football in a park. How can she scream at them through as mask, you ask?

Do the kids running around need to wear masks and hide under their beds? Uh, no. They're playing football.

how I miss me school marms and the mums that stayed at home (tuned into GH. Days, or wtfe the other one was)....
05-04-2020 04:23 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(05-04-2020 03:54 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

But hey, that's just me.

Nope, not just you.

and if you're not tossing the football at least 6 feet, you shouldn't be tossing a football.
05-04-2020 04:40 PM
DragonLair Offline
1st String

I Root For: Uab
Paradox ensues.

If you snitch on snitches are you a snitch?
05-04-2020 04:43 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(05-04-2020 04:43 PM)DragonLair Wrote:  Paradox ensues.

If you snitch on snitches are you a snitch?

naw, man....you watch re-runs of the view in diapers...
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020 04:53 PM by stinkfist.)
05-04-2020 04:52 PM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
I would like to know who decides what is and what is not essential? What criteria is used? Are there ways to appeal your non essentialness? Essential to you might not be the same for me. Is the criteria for our essentialness in writing or are they just winging it?

Sent from my LG-H932 using CSNbbs mobile app
05-04-2020 04:58 PM
ShrackUAB Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(05-04-2020 03:07 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  File this under the 'Duh' category. New Rasmussen study says......

Ages 18-24 would be Gen Z

And ages 35-40 are still Millennials
05-04-2020 05:00 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville

05-04-2020 05:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.