Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Watching games on YouTube
Bookmark and Share
kevster Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Bucs!!! Back
Watching games on YouTube
There’s a treasure chest of past buc games on YouTube. Tonight I watched the 90 Bucs beat Chattanooga by 20 in front of 10,000 fans in the dome. Last week, I saw the Bucs leading no. 2 Kansas with a minute to go in ‘92. The 89 win over BYU was thrilling.

I’d been wondering how the Bucs of old would’ve held up against this years’s squad, who I enjoyed immensely. After watching these games, I’ve come to realize the Bucs of the early 90s were a step above this year’s team in sheer talent.

They didn’t just win games. They dominated them. The southern conference - which included some great teams that moved up to other conferences - was strictly a contest for second place. The Bucs were dominant.

I enjoyed both Buc eras. I’d almost forgotten just how good Mister, Greg, Marty, Major, Calvin & Company were. The Bucs backup players might have been good enough to beat the other teams in the conference.

Just go to YouTube and search for ETSU basketball. You’ll thank me later.
04-19-2020 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucster Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Watching games on YouTube
Glad you are enjoying them. That is my channel and there are more videos to come. So not to sound annoying be please subscribe to the channel to be notified when more come in. I am trying to put up most all of the games I have, although there are a few not worth putting up. I will also be adding some from this past season.

If you like the Chattanooga home game from 1990, I urge you to checkout out the Marshall home game from that same season. Much more competitive game.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020 11:20 AM by Bucster.)
04-20-2020 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

(04-20-2020 08:15 AM)Bucster Wrote:  If you like the Chattanooga home game from 1990, I urge you to checkout out the Marshall home game from that same season. Much more competitive game.

The Marshall game that year was intense. Remember the atmosphere and the considerable green in the North stands.

And so Kevin....................are you saying that the Bucs both "dominated" and "were dominant"? Just making sure......

But really, we just had a moderate-length discussion on this a small number of weeks ago. Why the new thread on the same topic? That said, I recently watched that same game, and sorta (again) came to the same conclusion (altho I remembered it pretty well, anyway, and so it was not a revelation to me at all), altho as I stated in the other thread, I think those early '90s teams would have won maybe 7 or so out of 10, if'n I recall correctly what I wrote. Others disagreed. And of course, like some said, it's a different game. I don't think it's *as* different as some think - but yeah, some changes.

[edit:] Kevin, here's sorta the middle of that earlier discussion - in which you took part:

earlier discussion of early '90s team vs. this team

But they're really all just different. The Wadood/Fields/Timmy/et al teams were some great teams, especially the senior year of those two leaders. it'd be fun to see *them* tangle with this year's team.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020 11:16 AM by posterformerlyknownasthedoctor.)
04-20-2020 11:07 AM
kevster Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Bucs!!! Back
(04-20-2020 08:15 AM)Bucster Wrote:  Glad you are enjoying them. That is my channel and there are more videos to come. So not to sound annoying be please subscribe to the channel to be notified when more come in. I am trying to put up most all of the games I have, although there are a few not worth putting up. I will also be adding some from this past season.

If you like the Chattanooga home game from 1990, I urge you to checkout out the Marshall home game from that same season. Much more competitive game.

Thank you, Bucster for posting those. I didn’t know that was your channel. I’ll be sure and subscribe.

I live this crazy life where I work 12-16 hours, 7 days a week, and I love relaxing to these games when the workday is done. Again, thanks.

Btw, I’m watching the Marshall game as I write this. Great minds...
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020 09:29 PM by kevster.)
04-21-2020 09:28 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(04-21-2020 09:28 PM)kevster Wrote:  Btw, I’m watching the Marshall game as I write this. Great minds...

Terrible Teddy (Valentine) on the calls..........
04-22-2020 03:41 AM
seagrove10 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
We played the the tournament in Charleston back when C of C was still a Socon member. Gene Sapahoff, head sportswriter for the Charleston paper had a big article this past Sunday - gist of it was the College should rejoin the Socon (mainly due to the distance of CAA schools, and the fact that the Socon is higher rated than CAA)..
Doesn’t have anything to do with watching YouTube, but I have some good memories of Tim Smith, Zakee and Gerald Fields beating C of C!
04-22-2020 01:06 PM
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
(04-22-2020 01:06 PM)seagrove10 Wrote:  We played the the tournament in Charleston back when C of C was still a Socon member. Gene Sapahoff, head sportswriter for the Charleston paper had a big article this past Sunday - gist of it was the College should rejoin the Socon (mainly due to the distance of CAA schools, and the fact that the Socon is higher rated than CAA)..
Doesn’t have anything to do with watching YouTube, but I have some good memories of Tim Smith, Zakee and Gerald Fields beating C of C!

Can you post that article?
04-22-2020 03:00 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(04-22-2020 01:06 PM)seagrove10 Wrote:  We played the the tournament in Charleston back when C of C was still a Socon member. Gene Sapahoff, head sportswriter for the Charleston paper had a big article this past Sunday - gist of it was the College should rejoin the Socon (mainly due to the distance of CAA schools, and the fact that the Socon is higher rated than CAA)..

So.................................The Saviors need saving?? How's that for irony and karma?
04-22-2020 03:59 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
Bravo TheDoctor!!!!

04-clap2
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020 04:32 PM by BucDoctor.)
04-22-2020 04:30 PM
seagrove10 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(04-22-2020 03:00 PM)brock20 Wrote:  

It doesn’t give a link in the online version I read. You might try looking up “Post & Courier” for an email for Mr. Sapahoff. And he has a Twitter account.
04-22-2020 06:16 PM
Advertisement

Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(04-22-2020 03:00 PM)brock20 Wrote:  

You'll have to register, but it's free.

The Post and Courier
04-22-2020 09:14 PM
Heisman

Don't really have to register, if'n you know how to finesse things. Here's just the first, oh, quarter or so. After this section, they compare travel distances, and then go into comparisons for basketball, then baseball. If you all can't figure it out, let me know and I'll finish it up. It's a little disjointed because that's the way they've got it paged up. I had to do some work to get it this nice:
---------------------------------------------------------

Sapakoff: Coronavirus should tilt College of Charleston back to SoCon
Apr 19, 2020 Updated Apr 20, 2020

Been to a Lowe’s store lately?

Busy as ever, starting just after dawn, crowded with contractors and do-it-yourselfers and plant purchasers, few of them wearing coronavirus masks. All bent on home construction, home improvement or “stay home” escapes.

Hard to say whether that’s encouraging or not.

It’s easier to say the College of Charleston athletic department needs a major coronavirus-related renovation project of its own.

The Cougars’ teams should leave the Colonial Athletic Association and bolt back to the Southern Conference, faster than it takes to assemble a new lawn mower.

This was a good idea purely for rivalry reasons even before our daily lives included watching task force updates and waiting for hands-free delivery of lasagna.

A pandemic adds incentive to switch leagues to help address the huge financial hit likely in store for a mid-major athletic department with no hope of football money relief.

It’s also a logical approach to the future safety of athletes and staff.

The travel part: Six of the nine trips in the CAA are longer than the longest SoCon trip, and are not necessarily safer. But remember that all air travel also means busing to-and-from airports, hotels and playing facilities.

SoCon bus trips are certainly cheaper than CAA flights.

The on-field, on-court competition part: Turns out the CAA is not, after all, always better than the SoCon in basketball, the sport Cougar fans care most about.
04-23-2020 02:57 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
I'd like to watch the 2010 ASUN Championship if you had it. ETSU won at Mercer. It was a close/fun game and great atmosphere. Haven't seen it in a long time.
04-24-2020 08:57 AM
Advertisement

frankenheimer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Purdue, ETSU
(04-24-2020 08:57 AM)MercerFan Wrote:  I'd like to watch the 2010 ASUN Championship if you had it. ETSU won at Mercer. It was a close/fun game and great atmosphere. Haven't seen it in a long time.
I'm not sure you'll get that - a lot of folks on this board want to forget our time in the ASun!!
04-24-2020 12:49 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

(04-24-2020 08:57 AM)MercerFan Wrote:  I'd like to watch the 2010 ASUN Championship if you had it. ETSU won at Mercer. It was a close/fun game and great atmosphere. Haven't seen it in a long time.

I do not have that one unfortunately. I don't have anything from that time sadly. I do wish I had some of those games though, I did enjoy watching guys like Pigram, Tiggs, and Mike Smith play.
04-24-2020 07:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.