Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president; will make decision soon
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president; will make decision soon
Quote:Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president and will make decision 'soon'

Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.
His potential entry into the race comes after more than a year of refusing to rule out such a possibility.
If he does run, Amash would seek the Libertarian Party's nomination at their convention in Austin, Texas, which is currently set for the end of May. In 2016, Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson, a former governor of New Mexico, was on the ballot in every state and won a little over 3% of the national vote.

linky

it's curious that this news item hasn't made it to the spin room yet. or, maybe it's not curious at all.

so, here's the potential; the libertarians/Libertarians siphon off enough votes from DJT in swing states to bring us President Joe Biden.

here is why that is horrifying -- beyond all of the obvious reasons.

if you get your 401K plan hijacked (comprehensive retirement reform) in 2020 like you got your health insurance (comprehensive health care reform) hijacked in 2008, we all need to look deeply into the cause of our misfortune. there is a connecting common and thread.

also, if you're interested in the benefits of multi-party democracy, you needn't look any further than the chaos that has been israeli electoral politics for the past 3 years.
04-17-2020 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president; will make decision soon
Amash is a cringelord that would probably siphon off more votes from biden. Professional, suburban types that refuse to suspend their disbelief that biden isn’t completely gone mentally, but refuse to vote for the orange man.

The way I see it, if Trump loses to a guy that is obviously suffering with dementia, this country deserves what it has coming. I’m honestly not even sweating it.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020 10:37 PM by Kronke.)
04-17-2020 10:29 PM
EagleX Offline

RE: Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president; will make decision soon
(04-17-2020 10:29 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Amash is a cringelord, and would probably siphon off more votes from biden. Professional, suburban types that refuse to suspend their disbelief that biden isn’t completely gone mentally, but refuse to vote for the orange man.

curious conclusion, given that republicans (allegedly) and libertarians compete for the small government vote.

now, agreed that DJT has skewed conventional party affiliations a bit (well, much more than a bit, actually), but I'm not sure how those professional suburban types don't reckon that the (formerly) robust economy benefited them.

interesting and thoughtful reply.
04-17-2020 10:36 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(04-17-2020 10:19 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
Quote:Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president and will make decision 'soon'

Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.
His potential entry into the race comes after more than a year of refusing to rule out such a possibility.
If he does run, Amash would seek the Libertarian Party's nomination at their convention in Austin, Texas, which is currently set for the end of May. In 2016, Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson, a former governor of New Mexico, was on the ballot in every state and won a little over 3% of the national vote.

linky

it's curious that this news item hasn't made it to the spin room yet. or, maybe it's not curious at all.

so, here's the potential; the libertarians/Libertarians siphon off enough votes from DJT in swing states to bring us President Joe Biden.

here is why that is horrifying -- beyond all of the obvious reasons.

if you get your 401K plan hijacked (comprehensive retirement reform) in 2020 like you got your health insurance (comprehensive health care reform) hijacked in 2008, we all need to look deeply into the cause of our misfortune. there is a connecting common and thread.

also, if you're interested in the benefits of multi-party democracy, you needn't look any further than the chaos that has been israeli electoral politics for the past 3 years.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-898095-post-16...id16779982

YESTERDAY ONCE MORE
04-17-2020 10:41 PM
EagleX Offline

well, wait a minute. that thread got zero traffic as well. so, then, the question becomes, "why is that?"
04-17-2020 10:50 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(04-17-2020 10:50 PM)EagleX Wrote:  well, wait a minute. that thread got zero traffic as well. so, then, the question becomes, "why is that?"
Nobody cares. He's a loser and is going to take away a lot of disgruntled Biden voters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
04-18-2020 12:03 AM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline

RE: Justin Amash discussing 'potential campaign' for president; will make decis\\
(04-18-2020 12:03 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(04-17-2020 10:50 PM)EagleX Wrote:  well, wait a minute. that thread got zero traffic as well. so, then, the question becomes, "why is that?"
Nobody cares. He's a loser and is going to take away a lot of disgruntled Biden voters.

well, then, my question still needs an answer;

are libertarians/Libertarians aware of the electoral havoc that they are surely to provoke with an Amash candidate?
04-18-2020 01:36 AM
EagleX Offline

or, perhaps, chaos is the whole point.
04-18-2020 01:38 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-18-2020 01:36 AM)EagleX Wrote:  are libertarians/Libertarians aware of the electoral havoc that they are surely to provoke with an Amash candidate?
Traditionally, I’d agree that the Libertarians have probably taken more votes out of the GOP’s pile, than they’ve taken from the Democrats’ pile. And in state/local elections, I’d agree that’s probably true, even now. However, I think Trump is an exception to that rule — both in 2016 and in 2020.

I think Gary Johnson took more votes from Hillary! than from Trump, about on a 60/40 basis, if I had to guess. And Justin Amash — much as I’ve admired and agreed with a lot of the things he has said and done in Congress — is uniquely positioned (by his pro-impeachment stance) to take votes from Biden on a much more lopsided basis than that.
04-18-2020 02:12 AM
EagleX Offline

(04-18-2020 02:12 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(04-18-2020 01:36 AM)EagleX Wrote:  are libertarians/Libertarians aware of the electoral havoc that they are surely to provoke with an Amash candidate?
Traditionally, I’d agree that the Libertarians have probably taken more votes out of the GOP’s pile, than they’ve taken from the Democrats’ pile. And in state/local elections, I’d agree that’s probably true, even now. However, I think Trump is an exception to that rule — both in 2016 and in 2020.

I think Gary Johnson took more votes from Hillary! than from Trump, about on a 60/40 basis, if I had to guess. And Justin Amash — much as I’ve admired and agreed with a lot of the things he has said and done in Congress — is uniquely positioned (by his pro-impeachment stance) to take votes from Biden on a much more lopsided basis than that.

look more closely into the election of 2006.

*just a hint
04-18-2020 02:42 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville

It wasn’t packaged properly when it was posted the first time. Marketing is everything, even on a message board.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020 06:17 AM by CardinalJim.)
04-18-2020 06:17 AM
Advertisement

Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
Interesting. I wonder if his running mate will be the fat guy that bounced around on stage in a thong last Libertarian convention?

(04-17-2020 10:36 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(04-17-2020 10:29 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Amash is a cringelord, and would probably siphon off more votes from biden. Professional, suburban types that refuse to suspend their disbelief that biden isn’t completely gone mentally, but refuse to vote for the orange man.

curious conclusion, given that republicans (allegedly) and libertarians compete for the small government vote.

now, agreed that DJT has skewed conventional party affiliations a bit (well, much more than a bit, actually), but I'm not sure how those professional suburban types don't reckon that the (formerly) robust economy benefited them.

Same reason poor whites vote Republican, because it's about more than economics. Suburbanites have distinct cultural interests. The men think Trump is too boorish and mean-spirited and the women infantilize minorities and third-worlders. Suburban women will stick with Biden because limousine liberalism is high-status. Suburban men might go Amash, like they considered Johnson or McMullin last election, since they want cultural liberalism to go with their small government.

(04-18-2020 06:17 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

It wasn’t packaged properly when it was posted the first time. Marketing is everything, even on a message board.
I know I make a point to avoid his threads when I can. Very little content to discuss apart from a tweet and a non-sequitur three word phrase. They're sh-tposts.
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2020 08:07 AM by Mav.)
04-18-2020 08:06 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-18-2020 02:42 AM)EagleX Wrote:  look more closely into the election of 2006.

*just a hint
I don’t get it
04-18-2020 10:52 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-18-2020 08:06 AM)Mav Wrote:  Interesting. I wonder if his running mate will be the fat guy that bounced around on stage in a thong last Libertarian convention?

(04-17-2020 10:36 PM)EagleX Wrote:  

Same reason poor whites vote Republican, because it's about more than economics. Suburbanites have distinct cultural interests. The men think Trump is too boorish and mean-spirited and the women infantilize minorities and third-worlders. Suburban women will stick with Biden because limousine liberalism is high-status. Suburban men might go Amash, like they considered Johnson or McMullin last election, since they want cultural liberalism to go with their small government.

(04-18-2020 06:17 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

I know I make a point to avoid his threads when I can. Very little content to discuss apart from a tweet and a non-sequitur three word phrase. They're sh-tposts.

in his defense, I'm fairly certain the OP was to provoke thought vs. a 2 party system and how much impact it would generate if he entered as an indy...

he's right.....this country IS a two party system....third party need not attend unless they want the 'other'....and if so, then why fk'n show up at the ballot box if neither???....'that' = 0 every day and the eighth one if =1

as an aside (and also to X's point), let's toss in Cuban's latest rhetoric as another potential 'thorn' in DJT's 'side'...he's easily more formidable in 'scope' than that libertard amish wannabe....

#welcomeToPoliticsBiatches
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020 07:02 AM by stinkfist.)
04-19-2020 12:57 AM
EagleX Offline

the liberals/Liberals siphon off votes from properly conservative candidates.
04-19-2020 01:31 AM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball?
(04-19-2020 01:31 AM)EagleX Wrote:  the liberals/Liberals siphon off votes from properly conservative candidates.

What is conservative anymore? Trillion dollar deficits and a trillion dollars added to the debt doesn’t really scream conservatism. Seems “conservatives” don’t care about those anymore. Where is the tea party now?
04-19-2020 01:52 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(04-19-2020 01:52 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  
(04-19-2020 01:31 AM)EagleX Wrote:  the liberals/Liberals siphon off votes from properly conservative candidates.

What is conservative anymore? Trillion dollar deficits and a trillion dollars added to the debt doesn’t really scream conservatism. Seems “conservatives” don’t care about those anymore. Where is the tea party now?

thankfully, 'tea-turd out'....

cons are dead or dying....

pragmatics is the 'battle'....

one day all that bs one was 'taught', will finally sink into, "adapt or die"

#sadisticBeautyOfChoice
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020 01:57 AM by stinkfist.)
04-19-2020 01:55 AM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

(04-19-2020 01:55 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#sadisticBeautyOfChoice

Tea turds aren’t out, at what point do actual conservatives act the part?
04-19-2020 02:00 AM
stinkfist Offline

(04-19-2020 02:00 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  

#sadisticBeautyOfChoice

if nothing to act upon nationally in representation, what's the point other than 'acting' for the "districts"???

have you not figured out #henceDJT is still tossing darts at best method en macro?!

what's that ol' sayin'??? 'as individuals we can achieve....as a team, we can conquer'

hence, #theConundrumOfX
04-19-2020 02:09 AM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

(04-19-2020 02:09 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(04-19-2020 02:00 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  

#sadisticBeautyOfChoice

if nothing to act upon nationally in representation, what's the point other than 'acting' for the "districts"???

have you not figured out #henceDJT is still tossing darts at best method en macro?!

what's that ol' sayin'??? 'as individuals we can achieve....as a team, we can conquer'

hence, #theConundrumOfX

Hope you get to Costa Rica
04-19-2020 02:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.