Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Pelosi Asked To Explain To Small Business Owners Why Dems Are Blocking Emergency Fund
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Pelosi Asked To Explain To Small Business Owners Why Dems Are Blocking Emergency Fund
This is the moment she loses the House.

[Image: 441bdd5f5f118bcba80b2c5fab10136945c8ab3c...&h]
04-17-2020 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Pelosi Asked To Explain To Small Business Owners Why Dems Are Blocking Emergency Fund
Write your Reps, folks.

I just sent a politely worded middle finger to our very own Absent Abby, I'll see if I hear back.

Small business owners? SBA loans alllllll tapped out, PPP? Looks like exhausted too. The House would need to move legislation to allocate further resources as the initial 350-450BB was gone almost over night.

Where's the House? Convened at 11:00 A.M. (must be nice), gavelled in some backbencher as Speaker Pro-Tem said a prayer, said the pledge,

Adjourned at 11:03. Sweet gig.

Got college kids? Yup, they're home now adding to everyday expenses. Rent at school? Yup, still gotta get paid. Tuition? Yup, still gotta get paid. Meal plans $$$? Yup, seemingly gone, no idea why with this one.

Look for the bridge checks or "Stimulus" checks to soften that blow?

Nope, not eligible. Why? they aren't minors, so no 500 bucks. Oh, so their adults then, right? Nope, they're dependents cause we pay most of their living expenses. Well, then you get nothing.

Write or call you Reps, folks. These are two massive failures of House legislation and they are on recess for a long weekend.

They hear from enough of us out here, they'll shake that asss a little quicker.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020 02:37 PM by JMUDunk.)
04-17-2020 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Pelosi Asked To Explain To Small Business Owners Why Dems Are Blocking Emergency Fund
Only so much $$ to go around when some has to be passed off to illegals. Sorry, hardworking American business owners who took a chance and invested. Javier, Juana and their 14 anchor babies are in line in front of you.

Fkn POS Democrats
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020 02:40 PM by MemTigers1998.)
04-17-2020 02:39 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

It’s all about what she can get, screw all of us.

Quote:Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz lashed out Friday at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, calling for her to fund the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) in a more swift manner.

Cruz was responding to reports that Pelosi was hoping for “a good offer” to come out of a meeting with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

“‘A good offer’?!? How about you fund the damn program Nancy and stop playing games with people’s livelihood,” Cruz tweeted.

The Small Business Administration (SBA) announced Friday morning that it had exhausted the funding initially provided for the PPP and could not continue processing loans for coronavirus relief until additional money was secured.

Republicans have been pushing for a clean funding increase for the program. Democrats, however, are calling for any added PPP funding to be tied to money for state and local governments and hospitals, as well as subject to stipulations designating how the small business aid could be used.

Link

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020 03:01 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-17-2020 02:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
The stupidity of this is that EVERYONE is getting money when not EVERYONE lost their job.

I am fortunate that I and the Mrs are both essentials - but we still got a check..... I like money as much as the next guy, but this was poorly planned. They should have based payments on those who applied for UE and made them whole - making the same as when they were employed (or a reasonable resemblance thereof)....

Dumb....... dumb............ dumb............
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020 03:09 PM by Eldonabe.)
04-17-2020 03:09 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(04-17-2020 03:09 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  The stupidity of this is that EVERYONE is getting money when not EVERYONE lost their job.

I am fortunate that I and the Mrs are both essentials - but we still got a check..... I like money as much as the next guy, but this was poorly planned. They should have based payments on those who applied for UE and made them whole - making the same as when they were employed (or a reasonable resemblance thereof)....

I agree with the sentiment, but the bolded part is not correct. We will not get any money, despite assuredly paying more in total taxes than those receiving a check.
04-17-2020 04:34 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-17-2020 03:09 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  The stupidity of this is that EVERYONE is getting money when not EVERYONE lost their job.

But if you have college age dependents they are home and their parents get hosed. Like I have said in another thread, my daughter grew up and graduated with a set of triplet boys. Their dad lays floors and their mom is a teacher's aid. Granted the dad is working and the mom is at home getting paid, but all three of the boys are on scholarships at school and work part time. Now they are home with nothing to do but eat, and their parents got $2400 for their troubles.
04-17-2020 04:48 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Pelosi Asked To Explain To Small Business Owners Why Dems Are Blocking Emergency Fund

Don’t necessarily disagree in theory, but I think speed of response and cutting through the federal morass was priority one.

Apply for UE ( typically State run), verify eligibility, ok UE bene’s, send over to feds, recheck eligibility, check address, check taxes, check ages. .. you get the idea.

If not done as a big wet blanket it could have taken until November to get any checks out. That doesn’t really help anyone.
04-17-2020 04:56 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-17-2020 05:23 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Pelosi is just a dim witted idiot. A perfect Democrat.
04-17-2020 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.