Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thanks...Best Wishes
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Thanks...Best Wishes
Damn glad my team is in the ACC. Thankful for the good conversation here and the friends I've made here. I'm optimistic we'll all be getting after it in September. Please reach out to someone you haven't talked to in awhile. Keep your body healthy and your family safe.

Be sure to thank a first responder when you see one. I know Kaplony works as EMS...so thanks Kap.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020 08:33 PM by TexanMark.)
03-31-2020 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: Thanks...Best Wishes
(03-31-2020 08:30 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Damn glad my team is in the ACC. Thankful for the good conversation here and the friends I've made here. I'm optimistic we'll all be getting after it in September. Please reach out to someone you haven't talked to in awhile. Keep your body healthy and your family safe.

Be sure to thank a first responder when you see one. I know Kaplony works as EMS...so thanks Kap.

Back you Mark, and all the ACC.
03-31-2020 08:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IHAVETRIED Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Just hopeful that a vaccine and/or good therapeutic is developed and introduced quickly. I talked to a couple new people today. Stress for all. Help the stress with conversation. As far away as possible. I was sworn in today for an Official position. Had to stand 6 feet away.
04-01-2020 12:22 PM
Garrettabc Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida State
When FSU and Clemson get a Big12 invite, we’ll put in a good word for SU. They like them some good BBQ in Big12 country.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020 08:49 PM by Garrettabc.)
04-01-2020 08:49 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(04-01-2020 08:49 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  When FSU and Clemson get a Big12 invite, we’ll put in a good word for SU. They like them some good BBQ in Big12 country.

I'm sure FSU and Clemson have a standing invite from the B12. Left over from the pre-GOR realignment pre-Louisville instead of UConn saga.
04-01-2020 11:29 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(04-01-2020 08:49 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  When FSU and Clemson get a Big12 invite, we’ll put in a good word for SU. They like them some good BBQ in Big12 country.

The Big 12 of 2036 will not look anything like The Big 12 of today. There are reasons The Big 12 has been paid not to expand. Fewer pieces to find a plate for when The SEC and Big Ten start carving that turkey up.

Once the main course is gone, Texas and Oklahoma, I doubt The ACC has little interest in the leftovers. Most just aren’t that appealing and certainly wouldn’t be worth their asking price.

By the time The Big Ten and The SEC get done, The Big 12 is going to be nothing but a pile of bones. It might survive in some form but it won’t be as appetizing as it is today.
04-02-2020 04:24 AM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
I don't know Cardinal Jim. Alabama is not too keen on moving to the East division, and that could be what keeps the Big 12 alive.
04-02-2020 02:47 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(04-02-2020 02:47 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  I don't know Cardinal Jim. Alabama is not too keen on moving to the East division, and that could be what keeps the Big 12 alive.

Put Texas in the East then. Look at the NFL. Indianapolis is in the South while Cincinnati is in the North.
04-03-2020 03:21 PM
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
(04-02-2020 02:47 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  I don't know Cardinal Jim. Alabama is not too keen on moving to the East division, and that could be what keeps the Big 12 alive.

Why would Alabama mind being in the East Division? Assuming Oklahoma/Texas join the SEC, the divisions (assuming 2 divisions of 8) would likely be:

East: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

West: Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M

Alabama's division looks pretty appetizing from a fan perspective, having two great draws in Georgia and Florida in addition to Auburn and their current permanent rival Tennessee. The only traditional rival I'd guess Alabama would miss playing would be LSU and imagine SEC Championship games between them (assuming LSU beats Oklahoma). Alabama doesn't play Georgia or Florida right now and I think that's a decent trade for LSU as they'd be regularly be playing games in those states (of course they'd also be giving up Texas A&M/ the state of Texas too). You couldn't have permanent rivals unless you went to a 9 game schedule or teams would never play teams in the opposite division. Or you could go to rotating quads.

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida
Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri
LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M
04-03-2020 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.