Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Riot Erupts In China As People Try To Leave Coronavirus-Stricken Hubei Province
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Riot Erupts In China As People Try To Leave Coronavirus-Stricken Hubei Province
[Image: PhonyWastefulInganue-max-1mb.gif]

Quote:Violent clashes erupted on a bridge between China’s virus-stricken Hubei province and neighbouring Jiangxi province, days after authorities relaxed an epidemic lockdown.

Police vehicles were overturned and police scuffled with each other amid large crowds of shouting people, according to a series of videos posted to Chinese social media. The confrontation came after authorities in Jiangxi blocked entry to people from Hubei, local media reported.

Hubei this week lifted its lockdown of areas of the province outside Wuhan.

But deep distrust has taken root across China toward people from Hubei, fuelled by fear of COVID-19, which spread widely in the province, as well as skepticism of official reassurances that the epidemic has been successfully suppressed. People from Hubei have been refused entry to hotels and their homes, even if they were not in Hubei during the past two months. On social media, people have reported being barred from entering Beijing merely because their hometown is in Hubei.

Now, the release of lockdown measures means large numbers of people from Hubei are attempting to move elsewhere in China, threatening new hostilities.

On Friday, videos of the bridge confrontation showed a line of uniformed officers behind riot shields positioned across the bridge, blocking movement from Hubei province across the Yangtze River into Jiujiang, a city in Jiangxi. A large crowd marched toward the blockade chanting “Let’s go, Hubei!” In another video, Ma Yangzhou, the secretary of the party committee in Huangmei County on the Hubei side, urges people to disperse. “It’s dangerous for you to gather like this on the bridge,” he said, citing both the block to transportation and “the risk of virus infection.”

The clashes took place between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., a worker at a toll booth on the bridge told the Globe and Mail in an interview Friday evening. “It was on the middle of the bridge somewhere that the block was put in place,“ said Ms. Huang, the worker. The Globe is not identifying her by her full name because she is not authorized to speak to foreign media. On Friday evening, digital mapping apps showed the bridge closed from both sides, citing “construction.”

In a brief commentary published on its Twitter-like Weibo account, the state-owned People’s Daily called the bridge conflict “regrettable.”

“The people of Hubei have made great efforts and significant contributions to winning the battle against the epidemic,” the commentary said. “People from all sectors of society have also been calling for the acceptance of Hubei’s migrant workers. However, it’s undeniable that some individuals of some regions have intentionally or unintentionally discriminated against Hubei people, set up obstacles for them to return to work” and discriminated against them.

According to official government policy, those who live outside Wuhan and are considered healthy have been allowed to resume travels since Wednesday. Authorities reopened railways and long-distance bus service, and pledged to completely remove all highway roadblocks by Friday. The desire to leave Hubei is substantial: Qichun County in the city of Huanggang counts one million residents, but has said 216,000 need to leave for work.

Link

Now they should overthrow the commie party.
03-28-2020 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
RE: Riot Erupts In China As People Try To Leave Coronavirus-Stricken Hubei Province
(03-28-2020 12:10 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: PhonyWastefulInganue-max-1mb.gif]

Quote:Violent clashes erupted on a bridge between China’s virus-stricken Hubei province and neighbouring Jiangxi province, days after authorities relaxed an epidemic lockdown.

Police vehicles were overturned and police scuffled with each other amid large crowds of shouting people, according to a series of videos posted to Chinese social media. The confrontation came after authorities in Jiangxi blocked entry to people from Hubei, local media reported.

Hubei this week lifted its lockdown of areas of the province outside Wuhan.

But deep distrust has taken root across China toward people from Hubei, fuelled by fear of COVID-19, which spread widely in the province, as well as skepticism of official reassurances that the epidemic has been successfully suppressed. People from Hubei have been refused entry to hotels and their homes, even if they were not in Hubei during the past two months. On social media, people have reported being barred from entering Beijing merely because their hometown is in Hubei.

Now, the release of lockdown measures means large numbers of people from Hubei are attempting to move elsewhere in China, threatening new hostilities.

On Friday, videos of the bridge confrontation showed a line of uniformed officers behind riot shields positioned across the bridge, blocking movement from Hubei province across the Yangtze River into Jiujiang, a city in Jiangxi. A large crowd marched toward the blockade chanting “Let’s go, Hubei!” In another video, Ma Yangzhou, the secretary of the party committee in Huangmei County on the Hubei side, urges people to disperse. “It’s dangerous for you to gather like this on the bridge,” he said, citing both the block to transportation and “the risk of virus infection.”

The clashes took place between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., a worker at a toll booth on the bridge told the Globe and Mail in an interview Friday evening. “It was on the middle of the bridge somewhere that the block was put in place,“ said Ms. Huang, the worker. The Globe is not identifying her by her full name because she is not authorized to speak to foreign media. On Friday evening, digital mapping apps showed the bridge closed from both sides, citing “construction.”

In a brief commentary published on its Twitter-like Weibo account, the state-owned People’s Daily called the bridge conflict “regrettable.”

“The people of Hubei have made great efforts and significant contributions to winning the battle against the epidemic,” the commentary said. “People from all sectors of society have also been calling for the acceptance of Hubei’s migrant workers. However, it’s undeniable that some individuals of some regions have intentionally or unintentionally discriminated against Hubei people, set up obstacles for them to return to work” and discriminated against them.

According to official government policy, those who live outside Wuhan and are considered healthy have been allowed to resume travels since Wednesday. Authorities reopened railways and long-distance bus service, and pledged to completely remove all highway roadblocks by Friday. The desire to leave Hubei is substantial: Qichun County in the city of Huanggang counts one million residents, but has said 216,000 need to leave for work.

Link

Now they should overthrow the commie party.

How dare you. King James and the rest of the NBA love the way it is.
03-28-2020 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Yea, but the communist chinese have bent the curve down and it’s all on the way out.

Step 1. They LIE about everything.

Step2. If they say A. Count on it being Z.

Step 3. Remember they LIE about everything.

They’re sending “help” all over Europe and the world. And most all their supplies offered and test kits sent abroad are crap.

Starting to really, really smell more than a rat here. Is this intentional?
03-28-2020 03:34 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Riot Erupts In China As People Try To Leave Coronavirus-Stricken Hubei Province
But but evil bad people said things to Asians in America over the virus
03-28-2020 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I've been of the idea that China was trying to conduct a Biological attack of sorts. That's why they weren't happy about being blocked from entering the our country. They figured let's go around it by contaminating European countries because they still have access to the US. I know this is just a conspiracy theory but would you put it past them not to try. The Demons seem to be in on it too. They figured that Trump would lose all credibility and that he would lose because of this virus and as sure as you can say virus the Chinese sure aren't Trumps friend either and that's why they're in panic mode especially in the MSM because it's not working. Does anything the Demons do work?
03-28-2020 10:29 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
China has not really beaten the Wuhan virus

The reliability of China’s coronavirus numbers is under question once again in view of the staggering amount of urns being distributed out in Wuhan.
03-28-2020 10:44 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-28-2020 10:29 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  I've been of the idea that China was trying to conduct a Biological attack of sorts. That's why they weren't happy about being blocked from entering the our country. They figured let's go around it by contaminating European countries because they still have access to the US. I know this is just a conspiracy theory but would you put it past them not to try. The Demons seem to be in on it too. They figured that Trump would lose all credibility and that he would lose because of this virus and as sure as you can say virus the Chinese sure aren't Trumps friend either and that's why they're in panic mode especially in the MSM because it's not working. Does anything the Demons do work?

I’m about 89.2% all in Ollie. This is what I’ve been saying.

I smell a BIG, f#%^ing stinky rat.

Who can or would dis spell that idea?

The lying chinese?

Puhhhlease girl.
03-28-2020 11:19 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-28-2020 11:19 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(03-28-2020 10:29 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  I've been of the idea that China was trying to conduct a Biological attack of sorts. That's why they weren't happy about being blocked from entering the our country. They figured let's go around it by contaminating European countries because they still have access to the US. I know this is just a conspiracy theory but would you put it past them not to try. The Demons seem to be in on it too. They figured that Trump would lose all credibility and that he would lose because of this virus and as sure as you can say virus the Chinese sure aren't Trumps friend either and that's why they're in panic mode especially in the MSM because it's not working. Does anything the Demons do work?

I’m about 89.2% all in Ollie. This is what I’ve been saying.

I smell a BIG, f#%^ing stinky rat.

Who can or would dis spell that idea?

The lying chinese?

Puhhhlease girl.

I had to design pressurized custom air handlers when the chinks started dumping cheap arse Fe in the global system............then the pos kkkunts overbuilt using that as a means to leverage the USD within trade.............then the Yuan is crippled due to those and others......................................................................................................................then #muhCovid19

I can't figure it out..... /sarc
03-28-2020 11:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.