K2
Bookmark and Share
Tymanh99 Offline
March In Four Words

I Root For: UC/Bob Huggins

Donators
MyBB K2
Going pro?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020 01:48 PM by Tymanh99.)
03-27-2020 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
RE: K2

03-27-2020 01:57 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
03-lmfao
Bad advice Keith but do what you feel you need to do.

03-27-2020 02:21 PM
jarr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Who talks to these kids? He had a chance to really show out his senior year. Without a combine likely this year, he will have zero chance of getting picked up and have to play overseas in uncertain geo-political times. Good luck Keith, do you.

03-27-2020 02:23 PM
bearcatdp Online
1st String

I Root For: UC
He still has the chance to come back. Agent is to facilitate meetings and tryouts, as long as he severs ties before coming back. It'll be interesting to see how he is evaluated though with everything going on. I hope he is able to get an honest eval in time for him to make a decision.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020 02:31 PM by bearcatdp.)
03-27-2020 02:30 PM
C1ncy4Life Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Yea, I forgot the rules changed and he can hire an agent and still return as long as he meets the deadlines. No harm in going through the process and getting advice before making a decision. Hopefully he returns, but if not hopefully it’s because he will be drafted higher than some think due to his athleticism and improved shot.

03-27-2020 02:33 PM
Advertisement

BcatMatt13 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
I’d imagine he’ll be back. He would be dumb not to go through the process.

03-27-2020 02:41 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
All American

Jarron did the same thing last year, right?

03-27-2020 02:43 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-27-2020 02:41 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  I’d imagine he’ll be back. He would be dumb not to go through the process.

This, although this year is different because of the impact of Coronavirus. Will they even have a combine or workouts? Feels like there isn't as much benefit this year. It will be interesting to see how they handle the whole draft process this year.

03-27-2020 02:43 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Hall of Famer

With all due respect, Keith is no JC. SK had a pretty good career here too but NBA drafted he was not. Has Keith ever been named to an all-conference second team? I love the kid but this is fantasy island if he thinks he's going to be drafted in the NBA. I hope to heck he comes back and takes his Senior year to another level and improves his chances playing pro.

03-27-2020 03:14 PM
BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
Selfishly hoping he will be back and honestly would expect him to return as another year of seasoning could really help his cause. No reason not to at least go through the process and get some feedback.

03-27-2020 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yawny Offline
Water Engineer

With the recent updates concerning being able to return after declaring before a certain point, it would be dumb for Keith not to test the waters and see what the scouts are saying. Dude has freakish athleticism and his shot has come a long way in the last year.

I think his chance of actually getting drafted is probably single digits and see him returning and having a great senior season.

People need to remember that guys can declare and come back now before they laugh at the "dumb" decision of declaring.

03-27-2020 03:30 PM
Cataclysmo Online
All American

I Root For: Cincinnat
(03-27-2020 03:14 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  With all due respect, Keith is no JC. SK had a pretty good career here too but NBA drafted he was not. Has Keith ever been named to an all-conference second team? I love the kid but this is fantasy island if he thinks he's going to be drafted in the NBA. I hope to heck he comes back and takes his Senior year to another level and improves his chances playing pro.
Keith is more athletic than both SK and JC and is a better defender (but takes way too many possessions off). He's more like Jake Evans than those guys are.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

03-27-2020 04:11 PM
Cal1362 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
DonatorsDonators
IMO, Keith's game translates better to the League than JC's does based on his D and his ability to go to the rim from just about any part of a half court set. In the open floor he seems to have more "moves" and his athleticism appears to be better. If JC can develop a spin move or a quicker release, I reserve the right to change my eval.

Still hope he comes back. I think he's on the verge of a special season next fall. He does so many things well on both ends of the court.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020 04:36 PM by Cal1362.)
03-27-2020 04:32 PM
skyblade Offline
1st String

(03-27-2020 04:11 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(03-27-2020 03:14 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  With all due respect, Keith is no JC. SK had a pretty good career here too but NBA drafted he was not. Has Keith ever been named to an all-conference second team? I love the kid but this is fantasy island if he thinks he's going to be drafted in the NBA. I hope to heck he comes back and takes his Senior year to another level and improves his chances playing pro.
Keith is more athletic than both SK and JC and is a better defender (but takes way too many possessions off). He's more like Jake Evans than those guys are.

Agreed, Keith may well draw more interest than JC if he stays in the draft. The NBA cares a lot more about potential in young players than about what they did in college. Keith has the athleticism and defensive ability to complete at the NBA level, far more so than JC.

That said, I expect Keith to come back. He has the potential, but needs to show that he can do it every night if he wants to stand out from the crowd and get drafted. If he can come back and show he can defend without taking possessions off, avoid dumb fouls and take over on the offensive end he can be a first or second round pick next year. If he goes to the NBA this year he probably ends up undrafted and in the G-league. Maybe he needs the money or thinks he has better opportunities for development if he leaves, but my assumption is he will be back.

03-27-2020 04:41 PM
Yawny Offline
Water Engineer

(03-27-2020 04:11 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  

Jake is the only recent player that I think is a fair comparison for Keith. Both are long, incredibly athletic guards with pretty good shots. Evans was a better defender, but Keith has the potential to improve there and had flashes this year. Another year to improve defensive effort and shooting and I think Keith has a good shot to go.

He's also 3 years younger than SK was when he entered the league. Coming in at 24, the age that most NBA players are set to enter their prime, did SK no favors.

03-27-2020 04:43 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm not comparing players based on playing styles or body types. I'm looking at consistent production, impact on a team, and accolades/awards from outside the program. No doubt Keith improved his overall game during his Junior year including scoring 12.6 points per game. But, he's averaged 8.4 over his career thus far. If the NBA is as hard as it is for guys like JC, SK, GC and JE then what does your head say [not your heart] on Keith's readiness for the NBA? There's just two rounds of draft choices and a lot of talented kids that play here and oversees in any given year. Realistically, IMO he has no shot - yet.

03-27-2020 05:23 PM
Yawny Offline
Water Engineer

(03-27-2020 05:23 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I'm not comparing players based on playing styles or body types. I'm looking at consistent production, impact on a team, and accolades/awards from outside the program. No doubt Keith improved his overall game during his Junior year including scoring 12.6 points per game. But, he's averaged 8.4 over his career thus far. If the NBA is as hard as it is for guys like JC, SK, GC and JE then what does your head say [not your heart] on Keith's readiness for the NBA? There's just two rounds of draft choices and a lot of talented kids that play here and oversees in any given year. Realistically, IMO he has no shot - yet.

Guys go top 10 averaging less than 12 points a game. The NBA isn't concerned with your raw stats, they're concerned with your athleticism and potential.

SK was old and injured, Gary is an undersized 4, Jarron doesn't have the athleticism, and Jake's shot somehow got busted between his senior season and the draft. Loved each and every one of those guys and they were all great college players, but they all had an issue that made it difficult for them to find purchase in the league.

Keith has a small chance this year, but the athleticism, which he has a ton of, and potential, which he's shown flashes of, go a long way. If he hadn't been behind Jarron for 3 years, like Jake wasn't, he would probably already be a more polished project and might have gotten a Jake-type look this year.

That said, he's not going to go this year. He has a shot next year if he takes a step.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020 05:52 PM by Yawny.)
03-27-2020 05:48 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-27-2020 05:48 PM)Yawny Wrote:  
(03-27-2020 05:23 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I'm not comparing players based on playing styles or body types. I'm looking at consistent production, impact on a team, and accolades/awards from outside the program. No doubt Keith improved his overall game during his Junior year including scoring 12.6 points per game. But, he's averaged 8.4 over his career thus far. If the NBA is as hard as it is for guys like JC, SK, GC and JE then what does your head say [not your heart] on Keith's readiness for the NBA? There's just two rounds of draft choices and a lot of talented kids that play here and oversees in any given year. Realistically, IMO he has no shot - yet.

Guys go top 10 averaging less than 12 points a game. The NBA isn't concerned with your raw stats, they're concerned with your athleticism and potential.

SK was old and injured, Gary is an undersized 4, Jarron doesn't have the athleticism, and Jake's shot somehow got busted between his senior season and the draft. Loved each and every one of those guys and they were all great college players, but they all had an issue that made it difficult for them to find purchase in the league.

Keith has a small chance this year, but the athleticism, which he has a ton of, and potential, which he's shown flashes of, go a long way. If he hadn't been behind Jarron for 3 years, like Jake wasn't, he would probably already be a more polished project and might have gotten a Jake-type look this year.

What are you his agent? I kid but let's not split hairs. So, Top 10 guys that get drafted have no production numbers to show for their efforts? How many "potential" guys with athleticism make it in the NBA? Those that do are typically highly recruited coming out of high school. You're saying he has a "small" chance this year. You mean 1 out of 100? 1 out of 1,000? I'm saying REALISTICALLY he will not get drafted after his Junior year. Time will tell...

03-27-2020 06:01 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
You guys are really overstating Keith's defense. Teams really attacked him off the dribble.

03-27-2020 06:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2020 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.