Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Fear Of Being Called Racist Contributed Factor To Spread Of Coronavirus In Italy
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Fear Of Being Called Racist Contributed Factor To Spread Of Coronavirus In Italy
Quote:A former European Society of Virology doctor was quoted in a CNN article suggesting that fears of being labeled racist contributed to the lack of readiness and the devastating spread of the coronavirus in Italy.

"There was a proposal to isolate people coming from the epicenter, coming from China," European Society of Virology’s Dr. Giorgio Palu said. "Then it became seen as racist, but they were people coming from the outbreak."

Palu concluded that fear led to the current situation and added that the country was "lazy in the beginning” and referenced “too much politics in Italy."

Palu said he believes the lockdown should have been wider and stricter earlier and should be tighter now as millions of Italians are currently being forced to stay home.

"We should have done more diagnostic tests in Lombardy where there was a big nucleus," Palu said “There is no sense in trying to go to the supermarket once a week. You have to limit your time out. Isolation is the key thing."

Italy has been one of the hardest-hit countries in the world during the coronavirus crisis and has witnessed over 4,000 deaths and almost 50,000 confirmed cases.

Media outlets in the United States have been accused of injecting race into the discussion, as well, criticizing President Trump for pointing out that the coronavirus originated in China.

"I didn't appreciate the fact that China was saying that our military gave it to them. Our military did not give it to anybody," he said in defense of using the term “Chinese virus.”

"China was putting out information, which was false, that our military gave this to them. That was false. And, rather than having an argument, I said I had to call it where it came from. It did come from China. So, I think it's a very accurate term," he said.

Link

Political correctness run amok...That's what's happening in most of Western Europe. The left has made a COLOSSAL error in all of this. They are all now forced to admit that securing our borders has to happen, like yesterday!
03-21-2020 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Fear Of Being Called Racist Contributed Factor To Spread Of Coronavirus In Italy
A good chunk of Europe is more cucked than the USA regarding rayyyccccissss
03-21-2020 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Fear Of Being Called Racist Contributed Factor To Spread Of Coronavirus In Italy
Xenophobia, from the Greek xenos, meaning " stranger" or "foreigner", and phobos, meaning "fear".

They got it now.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2020 06:36 PM by shere khan.)
03-21-2020 06:35 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(03-21-2020 06:35 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Xenophobia, from the Greek xenos, meaning " stranger" or "foreigner", and phobos, meaning "fear".

They got it now.

[Image: bigfatgreek2.gif?w=300&h=224]
03-21-2020 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Fear Of Being Called Racist Contributed Factor To Spread Of Coronavirus In Italy
Welp.

Hopefully this is the death knell to all the dancing on hot coals and PC garbage that’s infected this country since around 1992 or even prior.

Yup. Call a spade a spade. As in shovel, asssholes, not some conjured up racissss! term. Boys will be boys. Not some binary, fluid, subjective term that might call that boy a someonethatwillidentifylater.

May this all die and end now. We’ll ALL be far be better off for it.
Let the .3% be the .3%. Then leave the rest of us alone.

Thx.
03-22-2020 05:21 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
If you read deeply on the subject, there are a number of indications that George Orwell wrote 1984 as a satirical protest against the PC of his day. If you think about it, there isn't that much difference between Big Brother and PC. And we are way, way, way further along that line today than we were when Orwell wrote it.
03-22-2020 09:18 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(03-22-2020 09:18 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  If you read deeply on the subject, there are a number of indications that George Orwell wrote 1984 as a satirical protest against the PC of his day. If you think about it, there isn't that much difference between Big Brother and PC. And we are way, way, way further along that line today than we were when Orwell wrote it.

If we were really that far down the 1984 road then HRC would president instead Trump. There is still an active an credible resistance to the 'goodthink' in the U.S. that wasn't present in Orwell's dystopia.
03-23-2020 05:59 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-23-2020 05:59 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 09:18 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  If you read deeply on the subject, there are a number of indications that George Orwell wrote 1984 as a satirical protest against the PC of his day. If you think about it, there isn't that much difference between Big Brother and PC. And we are way, way, way further along that line today than we were when Orwell wrote it.
If we were really that far down the 1984 road then HRC would president instead Trump. There is still an active an credible resistance to the 'goodthink' in the U.S. that wasn't present in Orwell's dystopia.

Which IMO is why the establishment hates Trump so much.
03-23-2020 06:16 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(03-23-2020 06:16 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-23-2020 05:59 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

Which IMO is why the establishment hates Trump so much.

It's not so much that they hate Trump but what is victory revealed. That they are not as close as they thought with their goals and that there is clear dissension within their camp.
03-23-2020 06:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.