Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nigel Farage on COVID-19
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Nigel Farage on COVID-19
Quote:The West appears to be facing its worst crisis since 1939 because of a new global pandemic. Thousands of people have died. More, we are told, will die. And the economic shock to the system has been profound. Yet one country, China, seems to be above criticism. As China begins to expel American journalists, I am left wondering: who are the villains of this piece?

I have to confess that last week I found myself feeling more depressed than I had been in my adult life by the words of the chief scientific officer Sir Patrick Vallance. He said that 60 per cent of the U.K. population needed to get COVID-19 in order for our nation to build herd immunity, yet Boris Johnson had said nothing about this. I worked out pretty quickly that this tactic would trigger in the region of 400,000 deaths. A few days later it transpired that the Imperial College COVID-19 response team had done some work for the government and estimated that about 260,000 people would die if this disease was allowed to spread.

Since then, I am pleased to say that government policy has changed. Britain is acting in line with many other countries in attempting to suppress the virus. Downing Street has recognised that a rapid spread of COVID-19 would overwhelm the NHS. The penny has dropped. We must hold our nerve and hope for the best.

I believe that attention should now turn to China. When President Trump has talked about the "Chinese virus" (others have called it the "Wuhan Virus") he has been met with waves of criticism and accusations of racism. In the House of Commons, the shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry even said of Trump: "Now he's calling it the foreign virus, blaming it on Europe for its spread and today blaming China." I hate to break it to Ms Thornberry, but Trump is right. And it is time we all challenged China.

https://www.newsweek.com/nigel-farage-ch...nk-1493085
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 03:49 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-19-2020 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Nigel Farage on COVID-19
Chinese propaganda machine on overdrive. They see what's likely to come of this if it truly does spiral completely out of control. Even the brutal communists dictators can only "devalue" so much. It won't matter if there's no food to feed 1.4BB people.

To the more basic topic I can't figure out how the screaming heads on teevee are making this leap as to naming this strand the same way the other virus and etc is considered "racist".

What?

No, it didn't come from the US Army. No, it wasn't "invented" here for some strange-asss reason. It came from Wuhan Province, China (unless of course the lying commies were lying about that too, which is entirely possible).
Hence Wuhan flu, WuFlu, Chinese flu, foreign flu take your proper PC pick.

racist. pffffffft.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 03:21 PM by JMUDunk.)
03-19-2020 03:20 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(03-19-2020 03:20 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Chinese propaganda machine on overdrive. They see what's likely to come of this if it truly does spiral completely out of control. Even the brutal communists dictators can only "devalue" so much. It won't matter if there's no food to feed 1.4BB people.

To the more basic topic I can't figure out how the screaming heads on teevee are making this leap as to naming this strand the same way the other virus and etc is considered "racist".

What?

No, it didn't come from the US Army. No, it wasn't "invented" here for some strange-asss reason. It came from Wuhan Province, China (unless of course the lying commies were lying about that too, which is entirely possible).

racist. pffffffft.

Anyone with any sense knows the media only considers the name racist because it is what Trump called it. It really is that simple.
03-19-2020 03:28 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
China can't exist without Mideast oil. And until somebody figures out how to build a pipeline over the Himalayas, that means they are totally dependent on a maritime supply chain that runs through the Straits of Hormuz, around India, through the Straits of Malacca or some other way trough the Indonesian archipelago, and finally across the China sea. They don't have a navy that can protect that supply chain, so we do it for them. Without us, any one of the three I's--Iran, India, Indonesia--cut shut the Chinese economy down and create mass starvation in about 14 days.

I think it is way past time for us to make it abundantly clear that our relationship going forward is based on that reality.
03-19-2020 03:29 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-19-2020 03:28 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 03:20 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Chinese propaganda machine on overdrive. They see what's likely to come of this if it truly does spiral completely out of control. Even the brutal communists dictators can only "devalue" so much. It won't matter if there's no food to feed 1.4BB people.

What?

racist. pffffffft.

Anyone with any sense knows the media only considers the name racist because it is what Trump called it. It really is that simple.

In this case, that's not the only reason. So many in many powerful positions in this nation now are beholden to Chinese money in some form or other.
03-19-2020 03:30 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
And the democrats have the unmitigated gall to run a communist on their ticket.

People better wake the frick up
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 03:33 PM by shere khan.)
03-19-2020 03:33 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(03-19-2020 03:30 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  

What?

racist. pffffffft.

In this case, that's not the only reason. So many in many powerful positions in this nation now are beholden to Chinese money in some form or other.

True, but the Trump hate is the primary reason, IMO. I makes no sense as to why naming conventions used for every other virus is now suddenly racits.
03-19-2020 03:33 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Democrats: Calling it the Chinese Virus is racist

Also Democrats (When Chinese students apply to college): Sorry guys, you do not count as minorities.
03-19-2020 03:34 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(03-19-2020 03:33 PM)shere khan Wrote:  And the democrats have the unmitigated gall to run a communist on their ticket.

Bernie is not a communist nor is he the democratic nominee. Shere you're starting to lose it.
03-19-2020 03:35 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-19-2020 03:35 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  Bernie is not a communist

Like hell he's not. If he's not, how did you know immediately who he meant?

Quote:nor is he the democratic nominee.

Thank God.
03-19-2020 03:37 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(03-19-2020 03:37 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Thank God.

Because this is the 5,000th time someone on this forum has alluded to him as so. No matter how many times you old farts scream it, it isn't true.
03-19-2020 03:38 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(03-19-2020 03:35 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 03:33 PM)shere khan Wrote:  And the democrats have the unmitigated gall to run a communist on their ticket.

Bernie is not a communist nor is he the democratic nominee. Shere you're starting to lose it.

Serious question. What is the difference between Bernie's policies and Biden's?
03-19-2020 03:39 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
The problem is we can't just blamed China completely. We know that government have suppressed any news to come out of that country for a long time which leads to conspiracy theories. Once the virus roaring through the world? Did they want the virus to kill the leaders in Iran who is their allies? Once this virus started to hit their allies and the countries in the Middle East where they get the oil. I think they did opened up after their allies got hit hard.
03-19-2020 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-19-2020 03:38 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
Thank God.
Because this is the 5,000th time someone on this forum has alluded to him as so. No matter how many times you old farts scream it, it isn't true.

Like hell he's not.
03-19-2020 03:51 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(03-19-2020 03:51 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Thank God.

Like hell he's not.

03-19-2020 03:58 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

03-lmfao and just like that you named the commie.

I lost it years ago

[Image: bernie-sanders-is-my-comrade-close-up_gr...1478716438]
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 04:04 PM by shere khan.)
03-19-2020 04:02 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-19-2020 03:29 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  China can't exist without Mideast oil. And until somebody figures out how to build a pipeline over the Himalayas, that means they are totally dependent on a maritime supply chain that runs through the Straits of Hormuz, around India, through the Straits of Malacca or some other way trough the Indonesian archipelago, and finally across the China sea. They don't have a navy that can protect that supply chain, so we do it for them. Without us, any one of the three I's--Iran, India, Indonesia--cut shut the Chinese economy down and create mass starvation in about 14 days.

I think it is way past time for us to make it abundantly clear that our relationship going forward is based on that reality.

They will just build a big azz navy if we threaten that line publicly. I'd just leave that alone so it stays our ace in the hole if there is ever a shooting war. My preference is we learn our lesson on global supply chains and completely re-evaluate what we make and where. There are certain mission critical product/manufacturing chains that should be compeltely domestic. If you want to make party favor bobbles in China--be my guest. Anything military or imperative for life needs to be made in the good ole USA wherever possible.

And heck yes--Bernie is a communist.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 04:41 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-19-2020 04:39 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-19-2020 03:30 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  

What?

racist. pffffffft.

Yup. I think it's elements of all three.

Chinese prop
Trump
Gladhanding chinese $$$'s
03-19-2020 04:49 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

You're delusional if you believe that. You can't see the thing that's staring you right in the face.
03-19-2020 06:24 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(03-19-2020 03:58 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 03:51 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Thank God.

Like hell he's not.

5002. You may be educated but you aren't very smart. There's a term for that.
03-19-2020 06:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.