Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News China Throwing Journalists Out
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
China Throwing Journalists Out
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020 12:17 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
03-17-2020 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: China Throwing Journalists Out
Interesting development, since most of those reporters are way more anti-Trump than anti-PRC.

I wonder if Bloomberg News employees are getting an exemption from this, since they effectively function as PRC spokesmen.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020 12:24 PM by Native Georgian.)
03-17-2020 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
If this is true and China is either 1) experiencing significantly more outbreaks than currently being reported and/or is 2) using "The Final Solution" as a method for stopping the virus from spreading...It will get very bad for China in the global economy moving forward.
03-17-2020 12:32 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I could not believe more strongly that China is lying their asses off about how many cases they have.
03-17-2020 12:35 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(03-17-2020 12:35 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I could not believe more strongly that China is lying their asses off about how many cases they have.

Agreed. The assh0les sat on the info for 2 months before alerting the world. Of course out "Fourth Branch of Gov't" can't be bothered to discuss that aspect of it nor work to expose the Chinese lies.
03-17-2020 12:40 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Here's the English version:

Quote:China Takes Countermeasures Against Restrictive Measures on Chinese Media Agencies in the US
2020/03/18

In recent years, the US government has placed unwarranted restrictions on Chinese media agencies and personnel in the US, purposely made things difficult for their normal reporting assignments, and subjected them to growing discrimination and politically-motivated oppression. For instance, in December 2018, the US ordered certain Chinese media organizations in the US to register as "foreign agents"; in February 2020, it designated five Chinese media entities in the US as "foreign missions" and imposed a cap on the number of their employees, in effect expelling Chinese journalists from the US. Such outrageous treatment prompted strong representations from China, in which China firmly objected to and strongly condemned the US move, and stressed its reserved right to respond and take actions.

China hereby announces the following measures, effective immediately:

First, in response to the US designation of five Chinese media agencies as "foreign missions", China demands, in the spirit of reciprocity, that the China-based branches of Voice of America, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and Time declare in written form information about their staff, finance, operation and real estate in China.

Second, in response to the US slashing the staff size of Chinese media outlets in the US, which is expulsion in all but name, China demands that journalists of US citizenship working with the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post whose press credentials are due to expire before the end of 2020 notify the Department of Information of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs within four calendar days starting from today and hand back their press cards within ten calendar days. They will not be allowed to continue working as journalists in the People's Republic of China, including its Hong Kong and Macao Special Administrative Regions.

Third, in response to the discriminatory restrictions the US has imposed on Chinese journalists with regard to visa, administrative review and reporting, China will take reciprocal measures against American journalists.

The above-mentioned measures are entirely necessary and reciprocal countermeasures that China is compelled to take in response to the unreasonable oppression the Chinese media organizations experience in the US. They are legitimate and justified self-defense in every sense. What the US has done is exclusively targeting Chinese media organizations, and hence driven by a Cold War mentality and ideological bias. It has seriously tarnished the reputation and image of Chinese media organizations, seriously affected their normal operation in the US, and seriously disrupted people-to-people and cultural exchanges between the two countries. It has therefore exposed the hypocrisy of the self-styled advocate of press freedom. China urges the US to immediately change course, undo the damage, and stop its political oppression and arbitrary restrictions on Chinese media organizations. Should the US choose to go further down the wrong path, it could expect more countermeasures from China.

China's fundamental state policy of opening-up has not changed and will not change. Foreign media organizations and journalists who cover stories in accordance with laws and regulations are always welcome in China, and will get continued assistance from our side. What we reject is ideological bias against China, fake news made in the name of press freedom, and breaches of ethics in journalism. We call on foreign media outlets and journalists to play a positive role in advancing the mutual understanding between China and the rest of the world.

Link

They're pissed about this:

Small throwback to what CGTN was encouraging Italians to do in early February.

That was February 4. Italy is now the leading infected area in Europe.
03-17-2020 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
They'll protect the PRC but will do anything to destroy DJT.

Let that one marinate.
03-17-2020 12:50 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Bloomberg owned lock stock & barrel by PRC.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articl...nd=opinion
03-17-2020 01:22 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

[Image: LNWQ2hHqgG4K9Vt9MXJZPoTGUVimzaSq1t7omsCv...b6f7f99381]
03-17-2020 07:07 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(03-17-2020 07:07 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: LNWQ2hHqgG4K9Vt9MXJZPoTGUVimzaSq1t7omsCv...b6f7f99381]
@CP: did you write that?
03-17-2020 07:17 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

Anyone still doubting they started this? They even made a propaganda film in Italy to get the Italians to spread it two months after it was released. We are at war folks.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020 07:23 PM by Eagleaidaholic.)
03-17-2020 07:22 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(03-17-2020 07:17 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(03-17-2020 07:07 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: LNWQ2hHqgG4K9Vt9MXJZPoTGUVimzaSq1t7omsCv...b6f7f99381]
@CP: did you write that?

No. It was in my reddit feed.
03-17-2020 07:25 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(03-17-2020 12:35 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I could not believe more strongly that China is lying their asses off about how many cases they have.

So...put yourselves in Xi's shoes. Here you're leading a country with some 3 billion people and are killing yourself trying to feed them so that they won't start a civil war. What's one alternative to all these people. Yep, elimination. Eliminate the most unuseful of the population the oldsters. You don't have to feed them anymore, you don't have to house them anymore, you don't have to provide medical treatment anymore and what's left? The young who can still be taxed, still be drafted to the military, still build things.

That's my theory.
03-17-2020 08:11 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-17-2020 08:11 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

So...put yourselves in Xi's shoes. Here you're leading a country with some 3 billion people and are killing yourself trying to feed them so that they won't start a civil war. What's one alternative to all these people. Yep, elimination. Eliminate the most unuseful of the population the oldsters. You don't have to feed them anymore, you don't have to house them anymore, you don't have to provide medical treatment anymore and what's left? The young who can still be taxed, still be drafted to the military, still build things.

That's my theory.

Y'all have way to high a belief in the competency of bureaucracies.
03-17-2020 08:15 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(03-17-2020 08:15 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-17-2020 08:11 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

That's my theory.

Y'all have way to high a belief in the competency of bureaucracies.

When the competency trends towards brutality, bureaucracies have proven quite efficient.
03-17-2020 08:42 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
I saw this live and loved it. Trump with the perfect response....

03-18-2020 01:44 AM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Reminder:

[Image: OZR6jHnE.jpeg]
03-18-2020 11:49 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2020 11:49 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Reminder:

Part of the operation. I'm sure those 8 people were among the "casualties" of the virus along with the eye doctor that blew the whistle.
03-18-2020 12:06 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(03-18-2020 12:06 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

Part of the operation. I'm sure those 8 people were among the "casualties" of the virus along with the eye doctor that blew the whistle.

They were doctors supposedly.
03-18-2020 12:17 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2020 12:17 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(03-18-2020 12:06 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

They were doctors supposedly.

Can only assume they were medical practitioners.
03-18-2020 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.