Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Biden Confuses Swine Flu Virus With Coronavirus, Gets ‘H1N1’ Mixed Up
I’m just now catching up.

While back in at 2:45 after stuffs.

I’ll honestly say Sloe is at the least being semi-cogent. Speaking reasonably well.
We’ll see if it continues.

Oh, and good grief. Right before I hit then “reply”

They both go completely off the rails.

Geeeeeeeezzz...

So Sad.

With both of these 77+ YO SJW’s, all these people are gonna lead us to a better Country?!?

My Gosh, my goodness.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020 09:39 AM by JMUDunk.)
03-16-2020 01:53 AM
Momus Offline
Banned

I Root For: Myself
RE: Biden Confuses Swine Flu Virus With Coronavirus, Gets ‘H1N1’ Mixed Up
Did he fail to have testing kits or a coherent testing regiment set up in the face of a global pandemic with the potential to kill millions of Americans? No. That was your Cheeto Jesus. And of course the idiot right-wingers are worried about whether Biden fumbles over a couple words. Idiots do what idiots do.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020 07:38 AM by Momus.)
03-16-2020 07:37 AM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(03-16-2020 07:37 AM)Momus Wrote:  Idiots do what idiots do.

As you illustrate so perfectly.
03-16-2020 07:39 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Actually from the part I saw, Bernie was the one forgetting his place. He went on about 3 times talking about the Ebola crisis we're facing before finally catching himself (and blaming Biden a bit saying because of his talking about how they handled the Ebola crisis, he had Ebola on his mind). As I said in the first debate thread, that was the most coherent Biden has sounded pretty much the whole primary season.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of other gaffes to highlight before November, but the one link you picked from the debate was barely a 1 on the Biden gaffe scale from 1 to 10.
03-16-2020 07:44 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-16-2020 07:37 AM)Momus Wrote:  Did he fail to have testing kits or a coherent testing regiment set up in the face of a global pandemic with the potential to kill millions of Americans?

So this is apparently what constitutes Trump's "failure of leadership"? And the reason why cutting CDC's budget was such a terrible decision?

Interesting, since it appears that CDC was the source of the problem. Like good bureaucrats, they made two horrible decisions, 1) we're going to develop our own test instead of using the WHO test (apparently because the WHO test yields too many false positives, which may account in part for the large numbers elsewhere), and 2) we're going to control the testing ourselves instead of farming it out to state and local governments and private entities, who have far more resources than we do (Dr. Chu in Washington state, who developed her own test that first detected the problem in the Seattle area, was given a "cease and desist" order by CDC). Now, if Trump imposed either one of those decisions on CDC, then I would say he is at fault. But I've seen no evidence that he did so. Have you? And last Friday he announced things that pretty much reversed both those decisions, way before CV-19 came anywhere close to killing millions of Americans, or even thousands, or even hundreds.

I wouldn't say the response has been perfect. If I had been Trump I would have ordered CDC to use the WHO test until its own could be developed, to bring in state and local government and private sector labs ASAP (including fast-tracking certification, if needed), and focus primarily on vaccines and antidotes rather than testing, since we already had a test (realizing full well that the isolating the virus, as required for testing, is a useful step toward developing a cure). Also, if the hysteria and fear that the media and democrats are mongering started to catch on, I would have done what we did after 9/11, called for a one to two week stand down while we got the best people from government, medicine, and industry together to figure out solutions. Have the exchanges shut down trading for a week to stop the wild swings. Cancel large events for a couple of weeks. Look at what we are doing and figure out what is working and what isn't, and go forward. I get the sense from Friday that some of this latter has taken place.

Long-term, the problem with this as with every emergency is that we have no agency anywhere dedicated to emergency response. So we always get off to a slow start. The folks he fired at CDC, would they have been able to produce tests or process testing faster? Maybe, maybe there were some worker bees in there who could have pumped out 2 or 3 more a day, but I don't think so. My proposal for the long term is to repurpose the National Guard from a reserve Army/Air Force reserve to a civil defense and emergency response team. It has people that we don't have to pay 24/7/365, but can be trained and equipped and ready to hit the ground running in an emergency. Train on earthquakes and mud slides and brush fires in California, hurricanes along the Gulf Coast, floods and tornadoes in the Midwest, snow storms in the northeast, and have medical units trained and available to help in any event. And if the "wrong" kind of event hits your area, bring in help from outside. In this case, you deploy the medical units to set up mobile testing units in available parking lots and you have industry produce the testing kits en masse, starting with the WHO kits, so you get way ahead on testing early.

OK, so I don't give Trump and A+ on this. And I'm not really throwing CDC under the bus. The reality is that they aren't set up to handle this. We need someone who is. The political question is whether Biden or Sanders would have done better. Have we heard anything from either one of them suggesting that they would have? I haven't. I haven't heard either of them propose anything that I have outlined here.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020 08:37 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
03-16-2020 08:35 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
More from the debate...

Biden: “In The First 100 Days Of My Administration, No One, No One Will Be Deported At All”

Running for President promising not to enforce the law.

03-16-2020 09:23 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Biden Confuses Swine Flu Virus With Coronavirus, Gets ‘H1N1’ Mixed Up
Well, hopefully that locks up the illegal alien vote for Sloe.

Face it. The guy is just a dope.
03-16-2020 09:45 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Sloe Joe will not be president. The American public know we cant have a mentally diminished guy running the country. Time to go play with your grandkids Joe.
03-16-2020 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.