Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So long UConn!
mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
So long UConn!
That was an abrupt end to your membership in the league. All the best in the new Big East!
03-14-2020 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
RE: So long UConn!
(03-14-2020 01:19 PM)mustangxc Wrote:  That was an abrupt end to your membership in the league. All the best in the new Big East!

Please kick Xavier's ass every year.03-nutkick
03-14-2020 01:35 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
I'll miss uconn basketball even though they were mostly down. I'll something uconn football.
03-14-2020 07:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
I'm thinking that we'll still hear from the likes of HuskyU and other UConn former members.

One former member we used to hear from unfortunately has passed away in Wilkie01. He was a die-hard Louisville fan when they were in the Big East members and when they went to the ACC. He was always pleasant in his visits to this forum.
03-14-2020 08:29 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
I'll miss HuskyU and all those Housewives memes.
03-14-2020 10:50 PM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
(03-14-2020 10:50 PM)TripleA Wrote:  I'll miss HuskyU and all those Housewives memes.

[Image: source.gif]

07-coffee3
03-14-2020 10:59 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

07-coffee305-stirthepot
03-15-2020 12:22 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I get the move. UConn really doesn't think that getting into a power conference is likely, so might as well focus on their main sport. The move to FCS seems inevitable or dropping football all together. Then they can focus 100% on hoops.
03-15-2020 08:51 AM
Memphis Yankee Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I wish you guys good luck going forward. I hope we keep playing each other.
03-15-2020 09:07 AM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
I wish UConn nothing but the best and remain hopeful that the American will continue making very solid progress overall.
03-15-2020 09:41 AM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
I hope they are still in FBS when they come to Orlando for their buy game.
03-15-2020 10:26 AM
Advertisement

pvtlamb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WSU
For UCONN fans - what are your predictions for the football program?
03-15-2020 10:54 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I think it's funny when they say they're "going back" to the big east. That big east is lonnnnnng gone. There's no VT, MIami, Syracuse, WV, Louisville or Pitt there anymore.

You are joining a league of small, private catholic schools with whom you really have nothing in common. And sacrificing your football program in doing so.

You were better off with us. But, if playing a conference tourney in MSG means that much to you...
03-15-2020 11:21 AM
Nameless Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(03-14-2020 01:19 PM)mustangxc Wrote:  That was an abrupt end to your membership in the league. All the best in the new Big East!

Good luck to you as well!
03-15-2020 12:16 PM
Nameless Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(03-15-2020 10:54 AM)pvtlamb Wrote:  For UCONN fans - what are your predictions for the football program?

In the short term? A lot of road games against P5 teams, and a more regional home schedule. Also a lot of games against lower level G5s in an effort to at least start winning some games again. We have limited options to schedule for 2020 and 2021 so we need to get creative and can't be overly picky. I like what the administration has done so far on such short notice.

In the long(er) term, H-H's against low to mid level P5's, as well as teams like Army and UMass that are close geographically. Continuing to play mid to lower level G5's as well to (hopefully) keep padding the win column.
03-15-2020 12:24 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
(03-15-2020 12:24 PM)Nameless Wrote:  
(03-15-2020 10:54 AM)pvtlamb Wrote:  For UCONN fans - what are your predictions for the football program?

In the short term? A lot of road games against P5 teams, and a more regional home schedule. Also a lot of games against lower level G5s in an effort to at least start winning some games again. We have limited options to schedule for 2020 and 2021 so we need to get creative and can't be overly picky. I like what the administration has done so far on such short notice.

In the long(er) term, H-H's against low to mid level P5's, as well as teams like Army and UMass that are close geographically. Continuing to play mid to lower level G5's as well to (hopefully) keep padding the win column.

UConn's football plan, most likely, is to hang on until realignment and make another play for the AAC.

Let's imagine five years from now some conference has taken two teams from the AAC, like UH and Memphis, or Cincy and UCF - especially schools from the southwest footprint of the conference. When that happens the AAC is again going to be looking for more teams. The MWC clubs are going to back off and rethink joining another conference who just lost two top programs and the AAC is going to be stuck looking at a bunch of teams they never really really wanted in the first place.
That's when UConn is planning on making their move. "Want TV markets? Want a name brand? Want a flagship state university? Want somebody your already familiar with? Want someone with good facilities and working relationship with ESPN? Grab us and another team from either the NE or the mid-atlantic (like Army) and everything makes sense."
I'm not saying that's what I want for the AAC - it REALLY isn't - but that's what UConn is hoping for, and if it works out they have officially gotten everything they want, with basketball in the Big East and football in the AAC - they just have to hang on until they get a chance.
03-15-2020 03:33 PM
Advertisement

Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(03-15-2020 03:33 PM)SMUleopold Wrote:  
(03-15-2020 12:24 PM)Nameless Wrote:  

UConn's football plan, most likely, is to hang on until realignment and make another play for the AAC.

Let's imagine five years from now some conference has taken two teams from the AAC, like UH and Memphis, or Cincy and UCF - especially schools from the southwest footprint of the conference. When that happens the AAC is again going to be looking for more teams. The MWC clubs are going to back off and rethink joining another conference who just lost two top programs and the AAC is going to be stuck looking at a bunch of teams they never really really wanted in the first place.
That's when UConn is planning on making their move. "Want TV markets? Want a name brand? Want a flagship state university? Want somebody your already familiar with? Want someone with good facilities and working relationship with ESPN? Grab us and another team from either the NE or the mid-atlantic (like Army) and everything makes sense."
I'm not saying that's what I want for the AAC - it REALLY isn't - but that's what UConn is hoping for, and if it works out they have officially gotten everything they want, with basketball in the Big East and football in the AAC - they just have to hang on until they get a chance.

Football in that AAC drops back to $2 Million a year at best.
03-15-2020 06:48 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
Well, see, that's what UConn is going to say. "We have some in's with ESPN and Army is a name brand. So if we're brought in the football payout isn't going to drop." And, of course, ESPN will be dictating it all so that's how it's going to go down.
03-15-2020 07:31 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
(03-14-2020 08:29 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  I'm thinking that we'll still hear from the likes of HuskyU and other UConn former members.

One former member we used to hear from unfortunately has passed away in Wilkie01. He was a die-hard Louisville fan when they were in the Big East members and when they went to the ACC. He was always pleasant in his visits to this forum.

Man, Wilkie got on my nerves as a young buck. I didn't truly realize his greatness before I understood him. An oldschool Navy vet if I remember correctly.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020 09:42 PM by ncbeta.)
03-15-2020 09:41 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(03-15-2020 09:41 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 08:29 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  I'm thinking that we'll still hear from the likes of HuskyU and other UConn former members.

Man, Wilkie got on my nerves as a young buck. I didn't truly realize his greatness before I understood him. An oldschool Navy vet if I remember correctly.

Yep. He came across as a troll sometimes, when he was just trying to be funny. He was a good guy. We talked a good bit. I miss him.
03-15-2020 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.