Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 major conference groups?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
2 major conference groups?
JRSEC suggested a 4X18. Another way to consolidate would be to have 2 groups, each with 36 split into 3 conferences.

BTN group-Rose Bowl partners team up with northern part of ACC.
Pac 12-same-UW, WSU, Oregon, OR St., Cal, Stanford
USC, UCLA, Arizona, ASU, Utah, Colorado
Big 10-Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern
Indiana, Purdue, Michigan St., Michigan, Ohio St., Cincinnati
New, better Big East-Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, UConn, Temple
Penn St., Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, North Carolina St., Wake Forest (or UVA/UNC/Duke instead of VPI/NCSU/WF).

SEN group-Sugar Bowl partners team up with southern part of ACC.
SEC-Florida, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn
Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., LSU, Texas A&M, Houston
Big 12-Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Missouri
Texas, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, BYU, Arkansas
ACC-Miami, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, UVA (or VPI/NCSU/WF), USF
Florida St., Clemson, Louisville, South Carolina, West Virginia, Central Florida
03-13-2020 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: 2 major conference groups?
The Really Big Two?

Really Big Ten!

Northeast: Penn State, Pitt, Temple, Syracuse, Connecticut, Boston College
Southeast: Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Duke, Rutgers, Cincinnati
Great Lakes: Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame
Central: Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska
Northwest: California, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Washington State, Oregon State
Southwest: UCLA, USC, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado

SEC

North Atlantic: Virginia Tech, NC State, South Carolina, Clemson, Miami
South Atlantic: Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Central Florida, South Florida
Central: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia, BYU
Deep South: Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU. Mississippi, Mississippi State
Texas: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston
Big 8: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State

Geographically Memphis would be a better fit than BYU.
03-13-2020 08:22 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
72 is a bit high in my opinion—64 would be sufficient, 60 might even be ok. I like the idea of a northern/western based conference anchored by the Big Ten and a Southern one anchored by the SEC.

Have one giant shared media deal. Have conference playoffs and let the conferences play in a national title game the weekend prior to the Super Bowl.

Limit play between The two conferences to just bowl games and the national championship.
03-13-2020 08:32 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Union-Pacific:
Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, Wash State
Arizona, Arizona State, California, U.C.L.A., Southern Cal
Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska
Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin
Indiana, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers
Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, Penn State, Virginia

New South:
Kentucky, Louisville, N.C. State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia
Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, South Carolina
Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Arkansas, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Texas A&M
Iowa State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, T.C.U.
Baylor, Kansas State, Miami, Texas, Texas Tech

There's a much leaner 60.

If you have to add more then the Union Pacific adds: Utah, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Army, Navy, and Air Force
The New South adds: Brigham Young, South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, Cincinnati, Wake Forest

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the additional 12 and realize that the markets are covered and the revenue couldn't be the same with them.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020 11:56 PM by JRsec.)
03-13-2020 11:50 PM
schmolik Offline

If you add the P5's in football (not including Notre Dame), you get exactly 64. So if Fighting Muskie wants exactly 64, either Notre Dame's out or good luck leaving out exactly one school.

Big Ten:

Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia, North Carolina, Duke, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse
Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State
UCLA, USC, California, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State

Not thrilled but someone East of the Mississippi had to go to the West (I'd prefer to throw Northwestern out there) and someone from the East had to go in with Ohio State and Michigan. I'd love to keep Penn State and Pitt together but it makes sense to keep the Big Ten rivals together and Penn State would probably rather not be in the Big Ten at all.

SEC:
Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, LSU
Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas
Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Clemson, South Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech
Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, West Virginia, Wake Forest

I call the fourth division the "you should be happy you're in a major conference" division. If NC State and Wake Forest care at all about being in the same division, they can be switched with Virginia Tech. You could also put Kentucky and Louisville in with Kansas for basketball but I doubt they'd be thrilled with the extra travel nor with being separated from Tennessee/Vanderbilt.

If you throw Big Ten and SEC completely out the window,
Boston College, Syracuse, Rutgers, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin
North Carolina, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, South Carolina, West Virginia (West Virginia had to go somewhere!)
Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State (Weirdest division of all!)
Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Missouri
UCLA, USC, California, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State

I also thought about keeping my Florida-Georgia-Alabama-LSU division and moving around the South Carolina schools. I had one division where they were with the Missisippi schools and the Arizona schools!

I'd rather have 72 if Temple and UConn are among the 72.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020 06:16 AM by schmolik.)
03-14-2020 06:09 AM
schmolik Offline

(03-13-2020 11:50 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Union-Pacific:

New South:

If you have to add more then the Union Pacific adds: Utah, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Army, Navy, and Air Force
The New South adds: Brigham Young, South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, Cincinnati, Wake Forest

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the additional 12 and realize that the markets are covered and the revenue couldn't be the same with them.

So even with 72 Boston College is still out?
03-14-2020 06:14 AM
Advertisement

Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
(03-14-2020 06:09 AM)schmolik Wrote:  If you add the P5's in football (not including Notre Dame), you get exactly 64. So if Fighting Muskie wants exactly 64, either Notre Dame's out or good luck leaving out exactly one school.

Big Ten:

Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia, North Carolina, Duke, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse
Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State

Not thrilled but someone East of the Mississippi had to go to the West (I'd prefer to throw Northwestern out there) and someone from the East had to go in with Ohio State and Michigan. I'd love to keep Penn State and Pitt together but it makes sense to keep the Big Ten rivals together and Penn State would probably rather not be in the Big Ten at all.

SEC:
Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, LSU
Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Clemson, South Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech
Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, West Virginia, Wake Forest

I call the fourth division the "you should be happy you're in a major conference" division. If NC State and Wake Forest care at all about being in the same division, they can be switched with Virginia Tech. You could also put Kentucky and Louisville in with Kansas for basketball but I doubt they'd be thrilled with the extra travel nor with being separated from Tennessee/Vanderbilt.

If you throw Big Ten and SEC completely out the window,
Boston College, Syracuse, Rutgers, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin
North Carolina, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, South Carolina, West Virginia (West Virginia had to go somewhere!)
Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State (Weirdest division of all!)
Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Missouri

I also thought about keeping my Florida-Georgia-Alabama-LSU division and moving around the South Carolina schools. I had one division where they were with the Missisippi schools and the Arizona schools!

I'd rather have 72 if Temple and UConn are among the 72.

If you want a geographic 8x8 alignment of the current 65 power schools minus ND:

ACC: Duke, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia
ASC: Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami-FL, South Carolina
Big 8: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin
EAC: Boston College, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse
Pac-8: California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State
SEC: Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
SWC: Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech
WAC: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah
03-14-2020 08:55 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Cut to the chase.

Create one single entity, one P5 "conference" if you will.

Have that single entity negotiate the next TV contracts with the networks.

Create four (or eight) new geographic divisions, like the NFL does with conferences and divisions.

Dismantle the existing conferences in full and create an "NFL like" entity.

Otherwise, why bother with half measures?
03-14-2020 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
schmolik Offline

(03-14-2020 08:55 AM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  If you want a geographic 8x8 alignment of the current 65 power schools minus ND:

ACC: Duke, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia
ASC: Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami-FL, South Carolina
Big 8: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin
EAC: Boston College, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse
Pac-8: California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State
SEC: Alabama, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
SWC: Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech
WAC: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah

Alabama and Auburn in different divisions? I'm sure eventually you have to split somebody but they're probably among the last two you want to split.
03-14-2020 09:18 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(03-13-2020 08:22 PM)schmolik Wrote:  The Really Big Two?

Really Big Ten!

Northeast: Penn State, Pitt, Temple, Syracuse, Connecticut, Boston College
Southeast: Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Duke, Rutgers, Cincinnati
Great Lakes: Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame
Central: Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska
Northwest: California, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Washington State, Oregon State
Southwest: UCLA, USC, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado

SEC

North Atlantic: Virginia Tech, NC State, South Carolina, Clemson, Miami
South Atlantic: Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Central Florida, South Florida
Central: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia, BYU
Deep South: Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU. Mississippi, Mississippi State
Texas: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston
Big 8: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State

Geographically Memphis would be a better fit than BYU.

Well you could switch the divisions of BYU and Missouri. That would help.
03-14-2020 09:56 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(03-13-2020 08:32 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  72 is a bit high in my opinion—64 would be sufficient, 60 might even be ok. I like the idea of a northern/western based conference anchored by the Big Ten and a Southern one anchored by the SEC.

Have one giant shared media deal. Have conference playoffs and let the conferences play in a national title game the weekend prior to the Super Bowl.

Limit play between The two conferences to just bowl games and the national championship.

I was trying to get all 65 in (including Notre Dame-who is probably necessary to make the 6th conference work financially---assuming you don't split up the SEC and Big 10 powers too much). And BYU is a P5 in all but conference affiliation. To have symmetry and even scheduling (no odd number conferences), you have to go from 66 to 72. Although you could have 12-12-10 in each group and go to 68. But for the minor sports, I think most conferences are finding 12 works better than 10. Not everybody is Ohio St. sponsoring 35 sports.

The academies are among the top 72 in value, but I don't think they could keep up in a P5. So I didn't include them.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020 11:58 AM by bullet.)
03-14-2020 10:02 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(03-14-2020 09:14 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Cut to the chase.

Create four (or eight) new geographic divisions, like the NFL does with conferences and divisions.

As a Notre Dame fan, you don't understand the significance of conference rivalries.
03-14-2020 10:13 AM
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
(03-14-2020 09:18 AM)schmolik Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 08:55 AM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  If you want a geographic 8x8 alignment of the current 65 power schools minus ND:

Alabama and Auburn in different divisions? I'm sure eventually you have to split somebody but they're probably among the last two you want to split.

With only 7 conference games, it's even easier to have annual OOC P8/P8 matchups.

Here are some that might happen in this scenario:

Alabama/Auburn (the only sure bet on this list)
Arkansas/LSU
Clemson/NC State
Duke/Georgia Tech
Maryland/Penn State
Nebraska/Oklahoma
Pittsburgh/West Virginia

And probably some rotation of the Rocky Mountain schools vs. the California schools.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020 10:34 AM by Nerdlinger.)
03-14-2020 10:20 AM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
(03-14-2020 10:02 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 08:32 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  72 is a bit high in my opinion—64 would be sufficient, 60 might even be ok. I like the idea of a northern/western based conference anchored by the Big Ten and a Southern one anchored by the SEC.

I was trying to get all 65 in (including Notre Dame-who is probably necessary to make the 6th conference work financially---assuming you don't split up the SEC and Big 10 powers too much). And BYU is a P5 in all but conference affiliation. To have symmetry and even scheduling (no odd number conferences), you have to go from 66 to 72. Although you could have 12-12-10 in each group and go to 70. But for the minor sports, I think most conferences are finding 12 works better than 10. Not everybody is Ohio St. sponsoring 35 sports.

The academies are among the top 72 in value, but I don't think they could keep up in a P5. So I didn't include them.

I see your logic. I’d say if you wanted 64 you could just drop WF or someone like that.

For 64:

Big Ten (14) + PAC 12 (12) + ND Cuse Pitt BC (4) + Iowa St Kansas (2) = 32

SEC (14) + ACC - WF - 4 to the Big 10 (10) + 8 Big 12 schools = 32

For 60 or less there are plenty of perimeter schools you could drop like Wash St and Ore St.
03-14-2020 10:28 AM
schmolik Offline

(03-14-2020 10:02 AM)bullet Wrote:  I was trying to get all 65 in (including Notre Dame-who is probably necessary to make the 6th conference work financially---assuming you don't split up the SEC and Big 10 powers too much). And BYU is a P5 in all but conference affiliation. To have symmetry and even scheduling (no odd number conferences), you have to go from 66 to 72. Although you could have 12-12-10 in each group and go to 70. But for the minor sports, I think most conferences are finding 12 works better than 10. Not everybody is Ohio St. sponsoring 35 sports.

66, hmm? 6 conferences of 11. Each team plays 10 conference football games (5 home, 5 away), full round robin and two non conference and 20 men's basketball games (double round robin).

Big Ten: Boston College, Syracuse, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State

ACC: North Carolina, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Clemson, South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

SEC: Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas

Great Midwest (lack of a better name): Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, Nebraska

Big 12: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arizona, Arizona State, Kansas, Kansas State

Pac: UCLA, USC, California, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, BYU, Colorado

8 Big Ten schools are in the "Great Midwest" vs. 6 in the "new" Big Ten but the division with OSU, Mich, and PSU has to be the "real" Big Ten. Which conference do you think the Rose Bowl will sign up with, OSU/Mich/PSU or the other division?

Update: I realized I forgot TCU and also realized I only had 10 schools in the Great Midwest so I reluctantly moved Nebraska to the Great Midwest.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020 08:17 AM by schmolik.)
03-14-2020 10:51 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(03-14-2020 10:51 AM)schmolik Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 10:02 AM)bullet Wrote:  I was trying to get all 65 in (including Notre Dame-who is probably necessary to make the 6th conference work financially---assuming you don't split up the SEC and Big 10 powers too much). And BYU is a P5 in all but conference affiliation. To have symmetry and even scheduling (no odd number conferences), you have to go from 66 to 72. Although you could have 12-12-10 in each group and go to 70. But for the minor sports, I think most conferences are finding 12 works better than 10. Not everybody is Ohio St. sponsoring 35 sports.

66, hmm? 6 conferences of 11. Each team plays 10 conference football games (5 home, 5 away), full round robin and two non conference and 20 men's basketball games (double round robin).

Big Ten: Boston College, Syracuse, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State

ACC: North Carolina, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Clemson, South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia

SEC: Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU, Arkansas

Great Midwest (lack of a better name): Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri

Big 12: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arizona, Arizona State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska

Pac: UCLA, USC, California, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, BYU, Colorado

7 Big Ten schools are in the "Great Midwest" vs. 6 in the "new" Big Ten but the division with OSU, Mich, and PSU has to be the "real" Big Ten. Which conference do you think the Rose Bowl will sign up with, OSU/Mich/PSU or the other division?

Well I was trying to avoid odd numbered conferences. One of the UT bloggers a few years back was saying the P5 were looking at a 6X11 model. But its kind of messy for basketball and baseball scheduling to have an odd number. This WAS before the Big 10's B$G contract, but I still doubt it was discussed seriously.

But if we played out that 6X11 I would try to minimize changes from the traditional conferences:
Pac-USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Oregon St., Washington, Washington St., Arizona, Arizona St., Utah (drop CU)
Big 10-Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St., Nebraska (drop PSU, MD, RU)
SEC-LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas. (drop A&M, MU, USCe)
ACC-Florida St., Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Wake Forest, Duke, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina, Miami (first 9+USCe and Miami)
Southwest Conference-Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., BYU, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas St.
New Big East-Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, West Virginia, Louisville, Notre Dame, Missouri, Iowa St., Penn St.
03-14-2020 12:16 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-14-2020 06:14 AM)schmolik Wrote:  

New South:

If the Big 10 won't take them, then yes. They are an outlier to the SEC, even more so than Cincy. So they are the lose based on academic status and geography.
03-14-2020 12:45 PM
schmolik Offline

(03-14-2020 12:16 PM)bullet Wrote:  But if we played out that 6X11 I would try to minimize changes from the traditional conferences:
Pac-USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Oregon St., Washington, Washington St., Arizona, Arizona St., Utah (drop CU)
Big 10-Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St., Nebraska (drop PSU, MD, RU)
SEC-LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi St., Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas. (drop A&M, MU, USCe)
ACC-Florida St., Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Wake Forest, Duke, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina, Miami (first 9+USCe and Miami)
Southwest Conference-Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., BYU, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas St.
New Big East-Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, West Virginia, Louisville, Notre Dame, Missouri, Iowa St., Penn St.

But then Florida and Florida State, Virginia and Virginia Tech, Kentucky and Louisville, Utah and BYU, and Indiana/Purdue and Notre Dame are in different conferences. Assuming round robin each conference, then each of these teams except for the Indiana schools would have to use of their nonconference games each year on the in state game. I believe I kept all schools from the same state in the same conference. I guess it depends on what you prioritize.
03-14-2020 01:08 PM
schmolik Offline

(03-14-2020 12:45 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 06:14 AM)schmolik Wrote:  

New South:

If the Big 10 won't take them, then yes. They are an outlier to the SEC, even more so than Cincy. So they are the lose based on academic status and geography.

If it's based on market, Syracuse is likely the one out. They do bring New York State and Pitt isn't necessary because of Penn State but they are AAU and they are in Pittsburgh. It would be interesting between the three. I'd rather forget the service academies and just add UConn and Temple.
03-14-2020 01:12 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(03-14-2020 10:13 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 09:14 AM)TerryD Wrote:  Cut to the chase.

As a Notre Dame fan, you don't understand the significance of conference rivalries.

Neither did many of the realignment moves since at least 2003.

Your point?
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020 01:41 PM by TerryD.)
03-14-2020 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.