Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CLAIMED!
Bookmark and Share
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
CLAIMED!
After discussion with the Florida BOG's and FAU BOT's and extensive marketing research by FAU athletics...

FAU Men's Basketball are the 2020 National Champions!!!!

Congrats on a great season.

You all may claim the other springs sports championships (assuming you won your last game whenever that may have been played).
03-13-2020 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
RE: CLAIMED!
No sale. But I am willing to crown FAU as the NCAA Men’s Division I College Basketball Champion of Palm Beach County, Florida.
03-13-2020 08:38 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(03-13-2020 08:38 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  No sale. But I am willing to crown FAU as the NCAA Men’s Division I College Basketball Champion of Palm Beach County, Florida.

I’ll take Palm Beach and Broward.
03-14-2020 07:34 AM
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
Too bad the State of Florida just declared FSU national champs. I guess they didn't get the notice.
03-14-2020 09:24 AM
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
(03-14-2020 07:34 AM)Dusky Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 08:38 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  No sale. But I am willing to crown FAU as the NCAA Men’s Division I College Basketball Champion of Palm Beach County, Florida.

No can do. Broward awarded to FIU, based on the head-to-head sweep.
03-14-2020 11:05 AM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(03-14-2020 11:05 AM)Cardiff Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 07:34 AM)Dusky Wrote:  

No can do. Broward awarded to FIU, based on the head-to-head sweep.

Nobody counts the kitties.
03-14-2020 11:46 AM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
MT couldn’t win the states Class A high school championship.
03-14-2020 12:43 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
We won the last tournament game...isn't that usually the champion?
03-14-2020 03:03 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
It's a shame but doesn't anyone know that UAT is the NC as they're the NC at NC
03-14-2020 06:07 PM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(03-14-2020 03:03 PM)MUther Wrote:  We won the last tournament game...isn't that usually the champion?

Sorry, you were slow to "claim". Take another winter or spring sport.
03-14-2020 08:48 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
UVA gets to carry the title for another year. From the great orator Ric Flair, if you want to be the man, you have to beat the man! And the man hasn’t been beaten!
03-14-2020 09:49 PM
Advertisement

Nugget49er Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-14-2020 09:49 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  UVA gets to carry the title for another year. From the great orator Ric Flair, if you want to be the man, you have to beat the man! And the man hasn’t been beaten!

[Image: 3qvyt.jpg]
03-14-2020 10:29 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-14-2020 12:43 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  MT couldn’t win the states Class A high school championship.

That's on your admin. But then again NM isn't the 1st sloooow coach you hired. It took Kermit Davis 10 years to actually make the NCAA or NIT. So maybe they like a slow burn in Murfreesboro.
03-15-2020 11:48 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(03-15-2020 11:48 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(03-14-2020 12:43 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  MT couldn’t win the states Class A high school championship.

That's on your admin. But then again NM isn't the 1st sloooow coach you hired. It took Kermit Davis 10 years to actually make the NCAA or NIT. So maybe they like a slow burn in Murfreesboro.

True, but Kermit only had one losing season in 17 years and he won nearly 58% of his games. He did in those first 10 seasons what football is doing now...well to a degree. Win just enough that it makes it hard to fire but not enough to get to the next level, but even there basketball was somewhat better. Kermit had .575 win pct those first 10. Stockstill has a .514 win pct.

But to your last sentence none of that compares to what's happening right now with basketball. When NM took over the program was just a few weeks removed from a top 25 ranking. Now under his direction, we've just experienced the two worst seasons in school history. Bottom line is that as I said from day one when he was named this was a bad hire.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020 12:03 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-15-2020 12:01 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-15-2020 12:01 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  True, but Kermit only had one losing season in 17 years and he won nearly 58% of his games. He did in those first 10 seasons what football is doing now...well to a degree. Win just enough that it makes it hard to fire but not enough to get to the next level, but even there basketball was somewhat better. Kermit had .575 win pct those first 10. Stockstill has a .514 win pct.

But to your last sentence none of that compares to what's happening right now with basketball. When NM took over the program was just a few weeks removed from a top 25 ranking. Now under his direction, we've just experienced the two worst seasons in school history. Bottom line is that as I said from day one when he was named this was a bad hire.

When McDevitt was hired I thought to myself that it was extremely risky and somewhat dangerous hire. In his playing and coaching career he had never been outside of Asheville NC and had never been coached by or learned under anyone but Eddie Biedenbach (UNC Ashevill HC 1996-2013).

The thing that I see that actually baffles me is MTSUs recruiting or rather lack there of. You would think with someone that just turned 40 and played from 97-01 he would be able to understand and talk to kids. But my thinking is that whatever he is saying to the upper recruits, they aren't buying for some reason.
03-15-2020 12:59 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(03-14-2020 09:49 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  UVA gets to carry the title for another year. From the great orator Ric Flair, if you want to be the man, you have to beat the man! And the man hasn’t been beaten!

The C-USA rules dictate that in the event the conference tournament is canceled, the regular season champ receives the NCAA Tournament invitation. North Texas was set to be C-USA's representative in the tourney, but then the NCAA Tournament was also canceled. If any team were to have a claim to the C-USA Tournament title, it would be North Texas. But, none of this really matters anymore.
03-15-2020 01:55 PM
Advertisement

deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(03-15-2020 01:55 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

The C-USA rules dictate that in the event the conference tournament is canceled, the regular season champ receives the NCAA Tournament invitation. North Texas was set to be C-USA's representative in the tourney, but then the NCAA Tournament was also canceled. If any team were to have a claim to the C-USA Tournament title, it would be North Texas. But, none of this really matters anymore.

[Image: ETKvnF1WoAcaJRm?format=png&name=360x360]

Louisiana Tech (NET = 87) gets the Conference USA Auto-Bid
03-15-2020 02:35 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!

I was rooting for North Texas to make the dance and enhance your basketball brand. Your football brand is already well established. We need CUSA teams who identify first with football to rise up in basketball. North.....Texas!!! But we will certainly be back next year as contenders04-cheers

And I’m looking forward to your prediction of ODU’s football season. You nailed it last year.
03-15-2020 06:57 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(03-15-2020 06:57 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  

I was rooting for North Texas to make the dance and enhance your basketball brand. Your football brand is already well established. We need CUSA teams who identify first with football to rise up in basketball. North.....Texas!!! But we will certainly be back next year as contenders04-cheers

And I’m looking forward to your prediction of ODU’s football season. You nailed it last year.

I too believe ODU will be a basketball contender again next season. ODU has a rich history of being a good basketball program, and I can't see them finishing outside of the top 3 next season.

North Texas was not a senior heavy team this season. I believe we graduated 3 seniors this year and only one was a starter (Geu). With McCasland leading the way, I believe we should be back in contention again. Buying out his contract ($500,000) from Arkansas State was one of the best bargains Baker has found since taking over at UNT.

I think North Texas football will be in for a down season. Last year was our year to make some noise, but we crapped the bed. While we had another solid recruiting class, we also lost Mason Fine, and made some needed coaching and defensive scheme changes. It will take time to build a contender. So, I think we are in for tough football season, especially since we are facing a difficult OOC schedule. Without doing any research, I'd say 5th in the western division would be reachable. But, I will be reworking my formula this off season and posting the results in the weeks leading up to the opening of the season. Hopefully, I can get a more accurate understanding of the rest of the teams next year. I was way off on my North Texas prediction last season.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020 10:52 PM by Side Show Joe.)
03-15-2020 10:51 PM
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

The regular season championship should mean something. Hopefully in the future, it will mean a NCAA tournament bid along with the CUSA tournament winner.
03-16-2020 06:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.