All NCAA sports done-no March madness
03-12-2020 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: All NCAA sports done-no March madness
I guess everyone should just stay home and die? Not sure exactly what this stops unless this gets people too paranoid to leave the house.
03-12-2020 04:35 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
ESPN is going to fold.
03-12-2020 04:38 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(03-12-2020 04:38 PM)Claw Wrote:  ESPN is going to fold.

Right?

No NHL, NBA, MLB, College Hoops....

They can still speculate about the NFL Draft I suppose. I wonder if they'll still do the draft but have all the owners and players stay home.
03-12-2020 04:49 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-12-2020 04:49 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(03-12-2020 04:38 PM)Claw Wrote:  ESPN is going to fold.

Right?

No NHL, NBA, MLB, College Hoops....

They can still speculate about the NFL Draft I suppose. I wonder if they'll still do the draft but have all the owners and players stay home.

The problem is all the extra feeds. What do you do? Interviews 24/7?
03-12-2020 04:50 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
ESPN is going to look like The Ocho or become ESPN Classic.
03-12-2020 04:50 PM
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
Well that's at least one good thing that comes from the Wuhan virus then.
03-12-2020 05:04 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(03-12-2020 04:35 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  I guess everyone should just stay home and die? Not sure exactly what this stops unless this gets people too paranoid to leave the house.

Seems to be the goal......
03-12-2020 05:09 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(03-12-2020 04:35 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  I guess everyone should just stay home and die? Not sure exactly what this stops unless this gets people too paranoid to leave the house.

My boss texted me earlier to tell me they had been fielding calls all afternoon about hazmat suits and respirators. Not from our typical government or industrial client base, but from private citizens. Mostly women.

I would honestly like to see a suburban family of four waltzing around town in a fully encapsulated level A hazmat suit, especially now that temperatures are starting to get warmer. "Great job Karen. you protected them from the Kung Fu Flu but you gave them heat stroke." 03-lmfao
03-12-2020 05:14 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(03-12-2020 05:14 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

My boss texted me earlier to tell me they had been fielding calls all afternoon about hazmat suits and respirators. Not from our typical government or industrial client base, but from private citizens. Mostly women.

I would honestly like to see a suburban family of four waltzing around town in a fully encapsulated level A hazmat suit, especially now that temperatures are starting to get warmer. "Great job Karen. you protected them from the Kung Fu Flu but you gave them heat stroke." 03-lmfao

People are acting like this is ebola, I think I heard someone from CDC say 85% of those infected will exhibit little to no symptoms, I know that makes that 85% carriers but still.
03-12-2020 05:18 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(03-12-2020 05:18 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

People are acting like this is ebola, I think I heard someone from CDC say 85% of those infected will exhibit little to no symptoms, I know that makes that 85% carriers but still.

My only personal concerns are my aunt who's battling lung and brain cancer and my mother who had a heart attack less than 2 years ago and takes prednisone fairly regularly because of her severe rheumatoid arthritis. I'm 33 and healthy if I get it I'm almost certainly gonna be fine but I'm terrified I could infect one of them who it could very well kill.
03-12-2020 06:25 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

A Level A Hazwoper
I would love to see that. 04-cheers
03-12-2020 06:50 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
The PGA Tour is still playing its events. At least they're having the Players Championship this week in Florida without any fans starting tomorrow. We might have 24-hour wall-to-wall coverage of that tournament.
03-12-2020 07:01 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-12-2020 07:01 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  The PGA Tour is still playing its events. At least they're having the Players Championship this week in Florida without any fans starting tomorrow. We might have 24-hour wall-to-wall coverage of that tournament.

E3 got cancelled, but they could televise video gamers isolated in their man caves playing each other!
03-12-2020 07:17 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(03-12-2020 07:17 PM)bullet Wrote:  E3 got cancelled, but they could televise video gamers isolated in their man caves playing each other!

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-12-2020 07:32 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-12-2020 07:32 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(03-12-2020 07:17 PM)bullet Wrote:  E3 got cancelled, but they could televise video gamers isolated in their man caves playing each other!

I've got an old pass time for everyone to return to. It will boost attendance at sporting events, assist the economy, and improve your marriage.

In this down time without anything to watch on TV, stay home, have a good dinner, and make love to the wife. Younger people will produce another mini-boom and older people will stay healthier, marriages will be improved, and it's a lot more fun than watching reruns, although if you've been married as long as I have it will be like making reruns!

BTW guys life was better when we only got 2 or 3 channels on the TV and the stations signed off at midnight and left you a test pattern to watch after the Star Spangled Banner was played of course, and in some cases the poem High Flight was read.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 07:45 PM by JRsec.)
03-12-2020 07:39 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(03-12-2020 07:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I've got an old pass time for everyone to return to. It will boost attendance at sporting events, assist the economy, and improve your marriage.

In this down time without anything to watch on TV, stay home, have a good dinner, and make love to the wife. Younger people will produce another mini-boom and older people will stay healthier, marriages will be improved, and it's a lot more fun than watching reruns, although if you've been married as long as I have it will be like making reruns!

BTW guys life was better when we only got 2 or 3 channels on the TV and the stations signed off at midnight and left you a test pattern to watch after the Star Spangled Banner was played of course, and in some cases the poem High Flight was read.
It was a big deal when we got that 4th channel in Lexington. ABC and CBS didn't have to share a channel.

For that matter it was notable when Houston around 1982 got its 7th channel. It was the first new one in many years. It had been 2,8,11,13,26 and 39, 3 network, 1 PBS, 2 indies.
03-12-2020 08:54 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

They actually do show video gamers competing on some of these sports channels. Don't remember if I've seen it on FS1/FS2 or ESPN2.
03-12-2020 08:55 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(03-12-2020 08:55 PM)bullet Wrote:  

They actually do show video gamers competing on some of these sports channels. Don't remember if I've seen it on FS1/FS2 or ESPN2.

I know TBS or TNT used to show the games...
03-12-2020 09:01 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(03-12-2020 07:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

That’s a great idea...
Except the mini- boom thing. 05-nono
03-12-2020 09:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.