Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bread and Circuses
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Bread and Circuses
Personally, I find it very politically risky that they are taking away outlets of diversion at a time like this. The masses are going to be paying attention to this IN DETAIL as a result. The last time there was no circus was... ...WWII.

This feels odd.
03-12-2020 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Bread and Circuses
(03-12-2020 12:54 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Personally, I find it very politically risky that they are taking away outlets of diversion at a time like this. The masses are going to be paying attention to this IN DETAIL as a result. The last time there was no circus was... ...WWII.

This feels odd.

It's overkill.
03-12-2020 12:58 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(03-12-2020 12:54 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Personally, I find it very politically risky that they are taking away outlets of diversion at a time like this. The masses are going to be paying attention to this IN DETAIL as a result. The last time there was no circus was... ...WWII.

This feels odd.

coronavirus has taken sports and the Dems debates off the tv. off the news. hard to know how this plays out. If Coronavirus goes away and the current administration looks good in dealing with then Trump probably gets reelected...if his drags on and the economy contratcs… then Trump is in big trouble.

In ordinary election years with a candidate that has all of there mental facilities right now Biden would be consolidating his support and starting to t off on the incumbent President. However, Biden cannot really tee off on Trump with the country in crisis and with his handlers wanting to keep him muzzled lest he gives more examples of his cognitive impairment/decline.

So does this crisis help Biden because the focus is not currently on his mental decline? or does it hurt him because he does not get to start aiming his slings and arrows at President Trump?

your guess is as good as mine.
03-12-2020 01:04 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The only good outcome for the left is for Trump to die from the virus.

Pray for our President.
03-12-2020 01:11 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Good. Frickem. Media hyped it. Now its gonna bite back.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 01:16 PM by shere khan.)
03-12-2020 01:12 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Think about how the Democrats have collectively responded to everything since November 2016. This is just another crisis of the month with them. You can bet Nancy’s got a chubby thinking about all the tax dollars she can spend.

There is nothing positive that can come out of this situation for anyone. The Democrats want you to think everyone that gets the coronavirus is going to die. Notice they are yet to mention anyone getting over it.

When they do, they lose power and the only thing Democrats love more than other peoples money is power.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 01:13 PM by CardinalJim.)
03-12-2020 01:12 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(03-12-2020 01:11 PM)Claw Wrote:  The only good outcome for the left is for Trump to die from the virus.

Pray for our President.

I wouldn’t limit that to just our President. I read on Twitter a few Days ago “celebrities” (they have a blue check mark) saying they wanted to get infected then go to a Trump Rally or the Republican National Convention to kill as many people as possible.

Sadly these tweets had thousands of likes.
03-12-2020 01:17 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2020 01:17 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(03-12-2020 01:11 PM)Claw Wrote:  The only good outcome for the left is for Trump to die from the virus.

Pray for our President.

I wouldn’t limit that to just our President. I read on Twitter a few Days ago “celebrities” (they have a blue check mark) saying they wanted to get infected then go to a Trump Rally or the Republican National Convention to kill as many people as possible.

[Image: tweet.jpg?resize=2560%2C1440&ssl=1]
03-12-2020 01:22 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Well, who "cancelled" the circus? If the owner/operators decided they can't operate at a profit in the current environment, then that makes sense, they call the shots.

Is it the local Governors or Mayors etc. banning large gatherings? Did Trump really dig deep and decide the circus is worthy of individual mention?

Personally, I'd say let the show go on. Would I go? Nope. Just cause I have no use for it any longer. Can others go? Sure. You get sick, that's on you, deal with it, no complaining.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 01:33 PM by JMUDunk.)
03-12-2020 01:29 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(03-12-2020 01:22 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

Pray for our President.

That was one of them... from a councilwoman at that.
03-12-2020 01:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Invest in Youtube and cable TV!
03-12-2020 01:34 PM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Our Internet infrastructure is going to be stress tested for the next couple of weeks.
03-12-2020 01:42 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Pray for our President.

This is why Colorado will not vote red again for POTUS in my lifetime unless the blue option is Sanders level bad. The Californians have taken over Colorado and turned it into a city state ran by Denver. They even have their super rich stronghold impervious to the irony of being a tax-happy party while simultaneously hording wealth... Boulder : Denver :: Berkeley : San Francisco
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 01:45 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-12-2020 01:44 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(03-12-2020 12:58 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

This feels odd.

It's overkill.

The results of COVID-19 will likely determine the election. It's Trump's test, but the funny part is that there is a great amount of luck at play here.

The overreaction (in your eyes) may just well be what keeps Trump in office.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 01:57 PM by oliveandblue.)
03-12-2020 01:56 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(03-12-2020 01:29 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Well, who "cancelled" the circus? If the owner/operators decided they can't operate at a profit in the current environment, then that makes sense, they call the shots.

Is it the local Governors or Mayors etc. banning large gatherings? Did Trump really dig deep and decide the circus is worthy of individual mention?

Personally, I'd say let the show go on. Would I go? Nope. Just cause I have no use for it any longer. Can others go? Sure. You get sick, that's on you, deal with it, no complaining.

NM just banned gatherings of 100 or more.

03-12-2020 02:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2020 01:44 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Pray for our President.

This is why Colorado will not vote red again for POTUS in my lifetime unless the blue option is Sanders level bad. The Californians have taken over Colorado and turned it into a city state ran by Denver. They even have their super rich stronghold impervious to the irony of being a tax-happy party while simultaneously hording wealth... Boulder : Denver :: Berkeley : San Francisco
This is one of the reasons I left Colorado. In all fairness Colorado Springs and Ft Collins and the plains are pretty conservative.
03-12-2020 02:40 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-12-2020 01:56 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

This feels odd.

It's overkill.

The results of COVID-19 will likely determine the election. It's Trump's test, but the funny part is that there is a great amount of luck at play here.

The overreaction (in your eyes) may just well be what keeps Trump in office.

Hopefully it'll force every single one of those dims on that early stage to re-evaluate their avocation of combining open borders and free health care for the fence jumpers.

If, as has been speculated, we don't have enough ICU beds as it is now if this thing really explodes, how much would that kind of stupidity compound things?

Their position on this is indefensible, especially when the citizens are paying top dollar for coverage as it is already.
03-12-2020 02:58 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

This feels odd.

It's overkill.

Highly likely it is overkill. If you like football binge watch A Football Life.
Over 100 episodes from NFL Films.
03-12-2020 03:12 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW

This feels odd.

It's overkill.

Ya think?
03-12-2020 03:27 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(03-12-2020 02:40 PM)No Bull Wrote:  This is one of the reasons I left Colorado. In all fairness Colorado Springs and Ft Collins and the plains are pretty conservative.

And they are outnumbered. And they're getting more heavily outnumbered every day.
03-12-2020 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.