NCAA Tournament Speculation thread
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
http://bracketmatrix.com

What seeding to we get/deserve. Who would be the best matchup?
03-09-2020 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

2021ETSUCHEERLEADING Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: east tennessee
RE: NCAA Tournament Speculation thread
(03-09-2020 09:22 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  http://bracketmatrix.com

What seeding to we get/deserve. Who would be the best matchup?

I thinky we get maybe a #11 or #12 seed! Then hope for the bracket to crash like the stock market and we head to the ATL! :)

BYU and Ohio State on the ole 5 seed scares me.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020 11:22 PM by 2021ETSUCHEERLEADING.)
03-09-2020 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
They deserve a 10 but it looks like an 11 right now. A 12 would be an outrage. Loyola Chicago made their final 4 run in 2018 as an 11. That would be a good position to make a run.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020 11:53 PM by MTBuc.)
03-09-2020 11:42 PM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I'm gonna say 10, but it could easily be 11. (Very) Outside chance at 9.
Of course somewhat depends on who of the big boys falls - or not - between now and Sunday.
03-10-2020 12:01 AM
Buc Island Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU, UNC
Doesn't matter as long as rounds 1 & 2 are Greensboro. I'd love to see Iowa or Michigan in round 1 & whoever upsets Duke in round 2.
03-10-2020 01:41 AM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

I know this is venturing a long way into the Kingdom of Silly, but with all the talk about sporting events being cancelled or being played in empty arenas because of the current health environment, what would happen if the administration of a school already in the tournament decided to not participate, similar to what Chicago State did, cancelling the remainder of their season with two games to play. Specifically, what would happen to their seed? Would the team matched up with them simply get a bye or would they consider reseeding the tournament? As I say silly, but these are not normal times it seems.
03-10-2020 07:51 AM
Advertisement

MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

Lots of talk on ESPN radio with Forbes and afterwards about the real possibility that games are played without fans. In fact, it sounds like it could be a reality. What a disappointment for every one that will be. They’re also talking decreasing host sites based on the geographic distribution of the virus. Hysteria wins again.
03-10-2020 08:47 AM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

(03-10-2020 08:47 AM)MTBuc Wrote:  Lots of talk on ESPN radio with Forbes and afterwards about the real possibility that games are played without fans. In fact, it sounds like it could be a reality. What a disappointment for every one that will be. They’re also talking decreasing host sites based on the geographic distribution of the virus. Hysteria wins again.

It occurred to me this weekend that if the SOCON tournament had been played a week later that it might have had a very different look. You could say that the SOCON or the City of Asheville would do their best not to let that happen, but the State of North Carolina would probably have had the last say in that. Nonetheless, I awoke this morning without a fever or cough and other than the piercing agony of rubbing sanitizer on hands dry and cracked from clapping for three days in a row appear to be all right. Hoping for the best.
03-10-2020 08:54 AM
queenladybug817 Offline
Special Teams

(03-10-2020 08:54 AM)BigIslandBuc Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 08:47 AM)MTBuc Wrote:  Lots of talk on ESPN radio with Forbes and afterwards about the real possibility that games are played without fans. In fact, it sounds like it could be a reality. What a disappointment for every one that will be. They’re also talking decreasing host sites based on the geographic distribution of the virus. Hysteria wins again.

It occurred to me this weekend that if the SOCON tournament had been played a week later that it might have had a very different look. You could say that the SOCON or the City of Asheville would do their best not to let that happen, but the State of North Carolina would probably have had the last say in that. Nonetheless, I awoke this morning without a fever or cough and other than the piercing agony of rubbing sanitizer on hands dry and cracked from clapping for three days in a row appear to be all right. Hoping for the best.
I'm hoarse with a sore throat this morning. But pretty sure that's from screaming and all. 03-drunk

I'm taking a somewhat middle ground with all this. Take precautions, wash hands often, trying to avoid touching my face, don't shake hands, etc. But I'm not in a group that appears to be high risk for complications and if it does appear that I'm getting sick, or have high chance of exposure, I'll stay home and avoid people in high risk groups to protect them as much as I can. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will very likely contract it, like probably all of us, at some point either soon, or later this fall when it pops back up. But I can't get all wound up with worry either. It's more contagious than other cold strains and the flu, which to me explains the higher death rate, as when it hits hospitals and other locations with large numbers of already high risk people, it spreads quickly and hits them harder than many of the rest of us.

And seriously, wash your hands people. Often and for 20 seconds or so, with warm water and soap. Hand sanitizer is an ok substitute if you can't, but don't rely on it! Don't feel like you need to go to the doctor, ER, nursing homes or on hospital visits as much right now either. Unless you absolutely are required to go there, don't take potential germs to them. Just be smart and protect at risk people when you can. If you did participate in a big group event like the games, be a bit more cognizant of your visits to high risk people for a week or two to make sure you don't spread what you may have gotten to them.
03-10-2020 09:24 AM
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
ETSU a 11 in mine playing Michigan.

https://carolinasportsthoughts.wordpress...etology-6/
03-10-2020 09:35 AM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

(03-10-2020 09:24 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 08:54 AM)BigIslandBuc Wrote:  

I'm hoarse with a sore throat this morning. But pretty sure that's from screaming and all. 03-drunk

I'm taking a somewhat middle ground with all this. Take precautions, wash hands often, trying to avoid touching my face, don't shake hands, etc. But I'm not in a group that appears to be high risk for complications and if it does appear that I'm getting sick, or have high chance of exposure, I'll stay home and avoid people in high risk groups to protect them as much as I can. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will very likely contract it, like probably all of us, at some point either soon, or later this fall when it pops back up. But I can't get all wound up with worry either. It's more contagious than other cold strains and the flu, which to me explains the higher death rate, as when it hits hospitals and other locations with large numbers of already high risk people, it spreads quickly and hits them harder than many of the rest of us.

And seriously, wash your hands people. Often and for 20 seconds or so, with warm water and soap. Hand sanitizer is an ok substitute if you can't, but don't rely on it! Don't feel like you need to go to the doctor, ER, nursing homes or on hospital visits as much right now either. Unless you absolutely are required to go there, don't take potential germs to them. Just be smart and protect at risk people when you can. If you did participate in a big group event like the games, be a bit more cognizant of your visits to high risk people for a week or two to make sure you don't spread what you may have gotten to them.

Two (well washed) thumbs up.
03-10-2020 10:17 AM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
My opinion is this is an overhyped media reaction. Yes it’s dangerous, although not to the point that it’s being taken. My guess is that the NCAA may actually ban fans from stadiums. Probably too afraid to take on a potential lawsuit. It would really be a shame to work all year to have our players play in an empty arena
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 11:15 AM by ETSUfan1.)
03-10-2020 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

The Ivy League just cancelled their tournament. March madness has a different meaning this year.
03-10-2020 12:21 PM
Threedom Hall Offline
Water Engineer

Colleges are closing down their campuses like wildfire. Ohio St, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Berkeley, USC, Washington. It's absurd. This is for a disease with less than 1000 confirmed cases in the US. I hope we're all laughing at this in a month...
03-10-2020 12:51 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

Complete over reaction. I will be so pissed if we get seeded in Greensboro and they end up closing the arena for fans.
03-10-2020 12:53 PM
Threedom Hall Offline
Water Engineer

(03-10-2020 12:53 PM)Bucster Wrote:  Complete over reaction. I will be so pissed if we get seeded in Greensboro and they end up closing the arena for fans.

I'm getting very upset. ETSU is having a department meeting about creating a contingency plan. I think they're going to have professors work out an online lesson plan incase they were to shut down. It's just protocol I'm sure.

No one will ever remember the team that won the NCAA tournament that nobody could watch
03-10-2020 12:58 PM
Advertisement

squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
One of the best teams we've ever had, and this 2020 tournament most likely come with an asterisk.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 03:00 PM by squeak.)
03-10-2020 02:59 PM
Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

I feel that an 11 seed is the best. We probably deserve a 9 but that way you get the #1 in the 2nd round. As an 11, you play a 6 (beatable but we would be an underdog) then probably a 3 (a very good team but we would have a chance) and would not play a #1 seed until the Elite 8. I don't want the Bucs in the 8/9 game personally.
03-10-2020 03:15 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(03-10-2020 03:15 PM)Meanmike0001 Wrote:  I feel that an 11 seed is the best. We probably deserve a 9 but that way you get the #1 in the 2nd round. As an 11, you play a 6 (beatable but we would be an underdog) then probably a 3 (a very good team but we would have a chance) and would not play a #1 seed until the Elite 8. I don't want the Bucs in the 8/9 game personally.

I totally 100% agree.
03-10-2020 03:20 PM
Flippmb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Coach Forbes said it's all about the matchups. Conference affiliations make no difference to him, and he's not overly concerned about seeding. What he wants to know is, how well does his team match up with the opponent?

In other words, he would prefer to play a higher seed the Bucs can match up with, than a slightly lower seed that would present matchup problems.
03-10-2020 03:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.