Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Killary's thoughts on Candidates and a Woman VP
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Killary's thoughts on Candidates and a Woman VP
This is interesting, why isn’t she endorsing Biden? Is she trying to play neutral like Obama or is it about something else?

She had this to say about Bernie in her documentary.

[Image: 283ee6c76a35e0bbc152e0e16dc9777c26f0d45e...&h]

“What Joe’s victories on Super Tuesday showed is that he is building the kind of coalition that I had basically. It’s a broad-based coalition. I finished, you know, most of the work I needed to do for the nomination on Super Tuesday, and then it kind of lingered on. And I think Joe is on track to doing exactly the same thing, putting together a coalition of voters who are energized," Clinton said.

Broad-based coalition? Energized voters? Hardly.

Clinton may have built enough support to beat Bernie Sanders on Super Tuesday, but then she failed to do the necessary, tough campaigning against Donald Trump during the general election. Instead of campaigning in Wisconsin, she attended swanky fundraisers in the Hamptons with Hollywood celebrities. The reacurring theme of 2016 is that she couldn't find Wisconsin, or even Michigan, on a map.

Clinton's so-called "coalition" failed on Election Day 2016 and a lack of support led to the crumbling of the usually reliable "blue-wall" of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

If Biden has built a coalition like the one Clinton had, which for some reason she's touting as a success, then he's bound to lose to President Trump in November.

Link

Quote:Hillary Clinton said in an interview broadcast Sunday that while she would leave the decision about a running mate up to the eventual Democratic presidential nominee, she would “love to have a woman on the ticket, finally -- again.”

“There are so many factors that go into it,” she told CNN's Fareed Zakaria. “Personally, I’d love to have a woman on the ticket, finally -- again. We’ve had two women vice presidential candidates -- one for the Democrats, one for the Republicans.”

“But obviously, I’d like to keep that moving, and actually have it happen in this election that someone would be the first woman vice president,” she added.

Democrat Geraldine Ferraro and Republican Sarah Palin have been the only female vice presidential candidates from the major parties.

Clinton also encouraged the eventual Democratic presidential nominee to “take a really hard look at the Electoral College”

“Because I think our nominee could win the popular vote again, as I did, but that doesn’t matter, as we know,” she said.

Clinton, the Democratic nominee in 2016, won the popular vote by almost 3 million votes, but lost to President Trump, who earned 304 Electoral College votes.

Link

Kamala, Amy or…Hillary?

[Image: 6428b4e79f3a1b30307063102a78b3ecabd6fc3c...;amp;h=378]
03-09-2020 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Killary's thoughts on Candidates and a Woman VP
Quote:“What Joe’s victories on Super Tuesday showed is that he is building the kind of coalition that I had basically. It’s a broad-based coalition.”
That is just brutal.
03-09-2020 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Dear Hillary,

S T F U and G T F O H........

Signed, America
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2020 01:25 PM by Eldonabe.)
03-09-2020 01:24 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I mean seriously she bragged he's put together the same coalition she did, like that's a good thing. It's actually an even weaker coalition because despite being more widely disliked overall than Biden there were actually a good number of people that were fired up and excited to vote for her (no matter how stupid that sounds to me). There is no group excited to vote for Biden. He's got no group that's gonna go out and volunteer and canvass for him. His grassroots support is literally zero, and what Bernie has put together will not exist for him at all.
03-09-2020 01:51 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Why did they cut the video there? That's annoying. It would've been nice to hear her entire point.
03-09-2020 02:26 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

The only real question I have about Hillary! after all these years is whether or not she will ever give her candid/unvarnished opinion about Obama, the way she has about Sanders and Trump and virtually everyone else who has ever crossed her. I believe that she has never really, completely, gotten over it the way he challenged her and defeated her in the 2008 primaries. That was the year it was all supposed to come together for her. If she had gotten the nomination, she would’ve won against McCain, and would’ve won easily, IMHO. And she and Bill both know it. From “First Woman President” to “Third Woman Secretary of State” — there are worse fates in life but that’s sure not the one she had planned out for herself.
03-09-2020 02:42 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(03-09-2020 02:42 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  The only real question I have about Hillary! after all these years is whether or not she will ever give her candid/unvarnished opinion about Obama, the way she has about Sanders and Trump and virtually everyone else who has ever crossed her. I believe that she has never really, completely, gotten over it the way he challenged her and defeated her in the 2008 primaries. That was the year it was all supposed to come together for her. If she had gotten the nomination, she would’ve won against McCain, and would’ve won easily, IMHO. And she and Bill both know it. From “First Woman President” to “Third Woman Secretary of State” — there are worse fates in life but that’s sure not the one she had planned out for herself.

That would hurt her book sales, daughter's chance at politics, and any semblance of demo support she has. Don't bite the hand. It's popular with her core book buyers and talking circuit to attack the Bernie Bros.
03-09-2020 02:48 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It’s amazing how many more people hate the old crone now than 4 years ago.

I mean, that’s hard to pull off.
03-09-2020 07:02 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Hillary attacked both Bernie and Tulsi. Bernie did not forget to campaign hard in the Rust Belt like she did. A lot of Bernie voters went with Trump, a third party or stayed home. Same thing gonna happen to Joe.
03-09-2020 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(03-09-2020 07:02 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It’s amazing how many more people hate the old crone now than 4 years ago.

I think the hostility was always there. But for certain people, it wasn’t “safe” to give voice to such feelings until Wednesday/09th November 2016.
03-10-2020 07:25 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

(03-09-2020 09:02 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Hillary attacked both Bernie and Tulsi. Bernie did not forget to campaign hard in the Rust Belt like she did. A lot of Bernie voters went with Trump, a third party or stayed home. Same thing gonna happen to Joe.

That didn't age well....
03-11-2020 08:36 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

(03-10-2020 07:25 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(03-09-2020 07:02 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It’s amazing how many more people hate the old crone now than 4 years ago.

I think the hostility was always there. But for certain people, it wasn’t “safe” to give voice to such feelings until Wednesday/09th November 2016.

Agreed - at that time it wasn't politically correct to take shots a woman (any woman) running for the gig as leader of the free world. The funny thing is that nobody seemed to have a problem taking shots at Warren this time around.
03-11-2020 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.