Let's look at Duke
Bookmark and Share
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Let's look at Duke
And give that team the same adversity this Memphis team has faced this year

They are currently ranked 7th

Take away Vernon Carey after the first 3 games.

Cassius Stanley for 6 games

and Mathew Hurt for half the season...

I say Duke is likely struggling to make the tourney as well.

And that team has an all-american level Sophmore guard on it.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 12:48 PM by macgar32.)
03-01-2020 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Let's look at Duke
Losing 2 of the best 3 players on any team out there would devastate that team. The fact that Memphis still has a chance at an at large and is probably a lock for the NIT shows just how good the rest of the team really is. Many Memphis fans are, as usual, completely clueless.
03-01-2020 01:44 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2020 12:45 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  And give that team the same adversity this Memphis team has faced this year

Look at UNC.

Anyone that thinks that the results of this season indicate that Penny is not a good coach are true morons.
03-01-2020 02:25 PM
2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU
(03-01-2020 01:44 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Losing 2 of the best 3 players on any team out there would devastate that team. The fact that Memphis still has a chance at an at large and is probably a lock for the NIT shows just how good the rest of the team really is. Many Memphis fans are, as usual, completely clueless.

I would say that they are struggling now. They have lost 3 out of their last 4 games. Two of the loses were to Wake Forrest and NC State and we beat NC State. Will they drop out of the top ten.
03-01-2020 02:30 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(03-01-2020 02:25 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(03-01-2020 12:45 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  And give that team the same adversity this Memphis team has faced this year

Look at UNC.

Anyone that thinks that the results of this season indicate that Penny is not a good coach are true morons.

I look at them as archetypal morons. Case studies, in fact. I wonder if they are born that way... or they are just products of their environments. lol
03-01-2020 02:38 PM
passat25 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Houston is gonna be really good next year.. They are ahead of schedule.. better freshmen development.. Sasser is not even a 4 star recruit.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 03:03 PM by passat25.)
03-01-2020 03:02 PM
Advertisement

micman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GT

Look at UNC.

Who are these phantom Memphis fans who are saying that Penny is not a good coach? i hear GP defending him daily, but I work with a ton of Memphis fans; no one says that Penny can't coach (most are sad with how the season has gone, but no one is upset with Penny). I went to the game last Saturday and there were probably 14,000+ people there. I will be going to the game this Thursday night and expect at least 11,000. I expect us to have the largest fanbase at the Conference tournament in Ft. Worth. Where are all these people who are attacking Penny (cause I don't think that they are Memphis fans)?
03-01-2020 05:42 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Over reaction to the mouth breathers on this site

We do have a few real nasty ones in our section at the forum. Just bitter people that cuss out Lomax and Harris especially

It is disgraceful
03-01-2020 05:58 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(03-01-2020 05:42 PM)micman Wrote:  

Look at UNC.

Who are these phantom Memphis fans who are saying that Penny is not a good coach? i hear GP defending him daily, but I work with a ton of Memphis fans; no one says that Penny can't coach (most are sad with how the season has gone, but no one is upset with Penny). I went to the game last Saturday and there were probably 14,000+ people there. I will be going to the game this Thursday night and expect at least 11,000. I expect us to have the largest fanbase at the Conference tournament in Ft. Worth. Where are all these people who are attacking Penny (cause I don't think that they are Memphis fans)?

Lucky you
You found a a good fan bubble

Even I, living 2000+ mikes away can’t find a bubble that lucky. lol
03-01-2020 06:01 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

Look at any of them you want. I'd wager they won't have near our average turnovers.
03-01-2020 06:35 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

Be our guest. Go pull those stats.

Many of us are just happy to enjoy another Tiger victory, along with a magnificent performance from Precious— a guy not planning on playing the 5 but doing it with grace and style.

We are so lucky he accepted the role.
03-01-2020 07:10 PM
Advertisement

BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

Look at UNC.

I would suggest reading this board , you will find many examples of this
03-01-2020 07:13 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(03-01-2020 07:13 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

Look at UNC.

I would suggest reading this board , you will find many examples of this

Yep
03-01-2020 07:17 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2020 06:35 PM)Claw Wrote:  Look at any of them you want. I'd wager they won't have near our average turnovers.

Nor play this good of team defense
03-02-2020 10:03 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(03-01-2020 02:38 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  

Look at UNC.

I look at them as archetypal morons. Case studies, in fact. I wonder if they are born that way... or they are just products of their environments. lol

Definitely Conditioning 07-coffee3
03-02-2020 04:46 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Coach K had this to say after Dook suffered a terrible loss to WF last week:
"I'm disappointed in our group. I didn't think we came the way we should and the way we practiced. We show our youth so much, Tre (Jones) is the veteran but then we're young. This is our 28th game you'd think we'll be older by now."

sounds familiar
03-02-2020 05:30 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(03-02-2020 05:30 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Coach K had this to say after Dook suffered a terrible loss to WF last week:
"I'm disappointed in our group. I didn't think we came the way we should and the way we practiced. We show our youth so much, Tre (Jones) is the veteran but then we're young. This is our 28th game you'd think we'll be older by now."

sounds familiar

I am not on board with the Youth excuses especially with the mental mistakes.

I can deal with them having ups and downs in preparation because that dedication comes with age.

My thought process is that without DJ we just don't have enough Juice to excel.

These kids play hard but when you have no one who you can count on to get their own shot it makes it really difficult...And No I don't think Precious can get his own shot because if he needs to get damn near all the way to the goal to score, too easy to wall up against that. But credit to Precious he seems to be passing out of that situation more and more these last few games.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020 05:38 PM by macgar32.)
03-02-2020 05:37 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-02-2020 05:37 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(03-02-2020 05:30 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Coach K had this to say after Dook suffered a terrible loss to WF last week:

sounds familiar

I can deal with them having ups and downs in preparation because that dedication comes with age.

These kids play hard but when you have no one who you can count on to get their own shot it makes it really difficult...And No I don't think Precious can get his own shot because if he needs to get damn near all the way to the goal to score, too easy to wall up against that. But credit to Precious he seems to be passing out of that situation more and more these last few games.

Take it up with Coach K, lol.
I hear you. DJ has created a hole in the lineup that we just are not equipped to fill.
But the turnovers and the youth are a real thing. They just haven't executed to the point to compensate for the much higher level D the other team plays. I think that is a factor of both talent and youth. In the case of many on our team, I personally believe the talent is there.
03-02-2020 06:30 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(03-02-2020 06:30 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

sounds familiar

I hear you. DJ has created a hole in the lineup that we just are not equipped to fill.
But the turnovers and the youth are a real thing. They just haven't executed to the point to compensate for the much higher level D the other team plays. I think that is a factor of both talent and youth. In the case of many on our team, I personally believe the talent is there.

Some of it is youth...Some of those habits need to be drilled out of them.

Taking this coaching staff a little longer to get rid of some of those bad habits.
03-02-2020 06:34 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(03-02-2020 06:34 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(03-02-2020 06:30 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

sounds familiar

Some of it is youth...Some of those habits need to be drilled out of them.

Taking this coaching staff a little longer to get rid of some of those bad habits.

03-lmfao
03-03-2020 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.