Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

as goes Cali, so does NY....I can't laugh any harder at dipshites...
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ne...t/2307905/

Quote:1. New York's plastic bag ban has officially gone into effect — but the state will wait until April 1 to penalize stores that violate it.

2. Single-use paper bags will still be allowed, but counties have the option of imposing a 5-cent fee

3. New York's ban exempts bags used for restaurant takeout food, plastic bags used to wrap meat, and bags used for prepared food.

New York's plastic bag ban has officially gone into effect — but the state will wait until April 1 to penalize stores that violate it.

New York's ban exempts bags used for restaurant takeout food, plastic bags used to wrap meat, and bags used for prepared food.
New York's plastic bag ban has officially gone into effect — but the state will wait until April 1 to penalize stores that violate it.

The state began prohibiting stores from handing out most thin plastic bags on Sunday. But state Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner Basil Seggos said Friday that New York has agreed to delay enforcement as it fights a lawsuit in Albany County court, lodged by a manufacturer of plastic bags and by convenience store owners who call the ban unconstitutional.
03-01-2020 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Eating their own.

Just lovely living in an autocratic, mind numbingly stupid place.

Problem is, these idiots are chasing all the producers out of these places, so they flee to elsewhere where they then infest formerly normal domiciles.

Shake my head daily as to what these idiots are trying to “accomplish”.

#Costababee
03-01-2020 11:19 AM
stinkfist Offline

RE: as goes Cali, so does NY....I can't laugh any harder at dipshites...
(03-01-2020 11:19 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Eating their own.

Problem is, these idiots are chasing all the producers out of these places, so they flee to elsewhere where they then infest formerly normal domiciles.

#Costababee

I'm hardly the brightest bulb in the pack.....if'n ya can 'go figure', tap me in....I can still toss a haymaker - or as many as req'd until it lands... 03-wink

and tossing a reel in #costa.....ah, heyall ya!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 12:00 PM by stinkfist.)
03-01-2020 11:59 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(03-01-2020 11:59 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-01-2020 11:19 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Eating their own.

#Costababee

I'm hardly the brightest bulb in the pack.....if'n ya can 'go figure', tap me in....I can still toss a haymaker - or as many as req'd until it lands... 03-wink

and tossing a reel in #costa.....ah, heyall ya!

Think about it daily.

Course evil Trumps virus-crash may have delayed that for a bit.

Guess I gotta hang in here a tad bit longer...

Viva la Merica!
03-01-2020 12:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(03-01-2020 10:36 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ne...t/2307905/

Quote:1. New York's plastic bag ban has officially gone into effect — but the state will wait until April 1 to penalize stores that violate it.

2. Single-use paper bags will still be allowed, but counties have the option of imposing a 5-cent fee

3. New York's ban exempts bags used for restaurant takeout food, plastic bags used to wrap meat, and bags used for prepared food.

New York's ban exempts bags used for restaurant takeout food, plastic bags used to wrap meat, and bags used for prepared food.

The state began prohibiting stores from handing out most thin plastic bags on Sunday. But state Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner Basil Seggos said Friday that New York has agreed to delay enforcement as it fights a lawsuit in Albany County court, lodged by a manufacturer of plastic bags and by convenience store owners who call the ban unconstitutional.

Without plastic bags on their hands and in their pockets how can these bleeding heart liberals pick up the poop on the sidewalks when they walk their homeless?
03-01-2020 01:28 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(03-01-2020 01:28 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-01-2020 10:36 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ne...t/2307905/

Without plastic bags on their hands and in their pockets how can these bleeding heart liberals pick up the poop on the sidewalks when they walk their homeless?

all dems see are 'banana republic peels'...damndest shite I've NEVER seen....
03-01-2020 01:40 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(03-01-2020 01:28 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-01-2020 01:44 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I'm really OK with incentives to cut down on our plastic usage, what I'm not OK with is being forced by the state to comply.
03-01-2020 01:45 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-01-2020 01:45 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I'm really OK with incentives to cut down on our plastic usage, what I'm not OK with is being forced by the state to comply.

I feel the same way. I'm not a radical environmentalist but the plastic collecting and sublimating in our Oceans is killing the first rungs of the oceanic food chain. Of all of the whacko causes out there I am of the opinion that the homeless and unemployed should all crew salvage scows that do nothing but clean the plastics out of the oceans for which they will be bunked, fed, and paid and based off of islands close to the convergence points of the currents that collect these things into large floating masses.

I would love to see us return to using glass or metal for everything currently placed in plastic. It is much more recyclable and healthier given the leaching of PCB's from plastics.
03-01-2020 01:59 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
Most of the plastic at sea is from group 3 merchant vessels. And while metal is highly recyclable, going to wood or cardboard would accelerate deforestation.
03-01-2020 02:32 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-01-2020 02:32 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Most of the plastic at sea is from group 3 merchant vessels. And while metal is highly recyclable, going to wood or cardboard would accelerate deforestation.

The answer is canvas bags, which don't break easily, and can be purchased and reused regularly, glass, and metal. You know, a lot like it was in the 40's and early 50's only with the recycling. Paper wrappers for burgers are fine as long they are made from recycled paper and the bags as well.

There are two fantastically stupid uses of land today. One is for dumps/landfills, and the other is for cemeteries. We are literally using the land for the living to bury the dead. And worse we have to put concrete vaults in the ground to prevent formaldehyde from leaching into the groundwater where it becomes a carcinogenic that cannot be effectively filtered out of water. We really need to go back to burying the dead within 24 hours in a biodegradable casket and let nature do its thing. Cremation is fine as well but not as beneficial to the soil. We can hold memorial services whenever.
03-01-2020 02:40 PM
stinkfist Offline

(03-01-2020 02:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-01-2020 02:32 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  Most of the plastic at sea is from group 3 merchant vessels. And while metal is highly recyclable, going to wood or cardboard would accelerate deforestation.

The answer is canvas bags, which don't break easily, and can be purchased and reused regularly, glass, and metal. You know, a lot like it was in the 40's and early 50's only with the recycling. Paper wrappers for burgers are fine as long they are made from recycled paper and the bags as well.

There are two fantastically stupid uses of land today. One is for dumps/landfills, and the other is for cemeteries. We are literally using the land for the living to bury the dead. And worse we have to put concrete vaults in the ground to prevent formaldehyde from leaching into the groundwater where it becomes a carcinogenic that cannot be effectively filtered out of water. We really need to go back to burying the dead within 24 hours in a biodegradable casket and let nature do its thing. Cremation is fine as well but not as beneficial to the soil. We can hold memorial services whenever.

oh my...did someone demonstrate another reason for hemp....

#attaboy!
03-01-2020 03:02 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-01-2020 03:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#attaboy!

Can you imagine the funeral gathering if you were placed in a potent hemp rope coffin and burned like the heroes of old? Now that would be one well attended funeral, especially if the fuel was comprised of additional ropes of hemp! The Native Americans would certainly see the spiritual quality of purification in such a ritual. For that matter if you added several coolers full of libations for the sake of European traditionalists there wouldn't be an unkind word spoken of he deceased.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 03:15 PM by JRsec.)
03-01-2020 03:10 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(03-01-2020 03:10 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-01-2020 03:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#attaboy!

Can you imagine the funeral gathering if you were placed in a potent hemp rope coffin and burned like the heroes of old? Now that would be one well attended funeral, especially if the fuel was comprised of additional ropes of hemp! The Native Americans would certainly see the spiritual quality of purification in such a ritual. For that matter if you added several coolers full of libations for the sake of European traditionalists there wouldn't be an unkind word spoken of he deceased.

Sometimes Dunk sounds like Stinky. I wonder if they're long lost brothers?

Anyway, I know how Stinky would love to be disposed of. Hemp basket soaked in whiskey and then lit with everyone throwing their joints at the pyre. Whiskey shots for everyone as it goes up in flames.

You like that huh Stinky?
03-01-2020 03:31 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK

People aren’t washing the reuseable bags offered today, increasing contamination. Personally, the lack of standards in plastics is what prevents much of the potential recycling. As for burial, I’m obviously a fan of cremation and burial at sea, but rememberance is a powerful concept.
03-01-2020 06:01 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(03-01-2020 06:01 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

People aren’t washing the reuseable bags offered today, increasing contamination. Personally, the lack of standards in plastics is what prevents much of the potential recycling. As for burial, I’m obviously a fan of cremation and burial at sea, but rememberance is a powerful concept.

I have long thought that markers would be more visited and cherished if they formed the entrance of community recreation parks for softball, soccer, little league, and tennis facilities. Instead of taking up the land for endless headstones just cremate or naturally bury everyone and have a collective marker of remembrance like the Viet Nam Wall. Not having the bodies in Washington D.C. never stopped the remembrances did it?
03-01-2020 06:16 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

Why not return to the days of Returnable Glass bottles for Softdrinks and I guess now Water? Talk about pollution plastic bottles get thrown out everywhere.
03-01-2020 06:21 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
a lot of "re-usable" bags being sold actually help spread germs and disease as they are seldom washed, and when they are, they fall apart and must be themselves thrown away, often adding to the trash they were trying to replace. The truth seems to be more there is always a cost to any action, some are more hidden or less-readily apparent than others. Like replacing real butter from real cows with hydrogenated and highly processed products that were over-marketed as "healthier" and later found out to be much worse health-wise than the butter they were to replace, the plastic bag banning is a solution looking for a problem.
03-01-2020 11:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.