Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Memphis is catching up!
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

... the team board forums by a large margin. No other team board got even half the traffic as Tulsa! 04-rock

Until the Memphis fans decided to make this their new home. Took them exactly one weekend to all but catch us. Pretty amazing support they have.

Anyways, with the number of alumni they have, I don't think we'll be able to hold them off for more than a couple of days, but I wanted to encourage all you guys to keep posting and maybe drag some other TU fans over here. Let's keep the momentum going!
03-01-2004 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Well... they overtook us. In one weekend.

When I posted my original message this morning, they had 820 replies to our 1,115. It's 5:15, and they've passed us. OVER THREE HUNDRED POSTS IN A DAY? Sheesh, what's the unemployment rate in Memphis? 03-wink

Glad to see all the tigers around here. Best part of C-USA... all the passionate fans... within driving distance!
03-01-2004 06:17 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

we may be outnumbered but i can hang with the best of em.
Tulsa fans must unite and not post alot but post what matters.
Oh and thanks guys for voting me the Best Tulsa Fan on Ncaabbs.
03-01-2004 06:38 PM
mnktigers Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

We need TULSA to step up!!! We have been screaming for Tulsa even before the losers in Florida were added. What are your thoughts on Rice and SMU.....? Think maybe we can just say nevermine. 04-bow
03-09-2004 10:52 AM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

mnktigers Wrote:We need TULSA to step up!!! We have been screaming for Tulsa even before the losers in Florida were added. What are your thoughts on Rice and SMU.....? Think maybe we can just say nevermine. 04-bow
I think that's the kind of attitude that won't win you many friends around here. 05-nono

- Rice is the defending national champion in baseball, competed for the WAC title in men's AND women's hoops, and was 8-4 in football as recently as two years ago. Not to mention being one of the top 10 academic institutions in the country. Nuff said.

- SMU has been down in football and basketball the past few years, no question. But their basketball team was winning 20 games just a couple of seasons ago, and they're going to completely overhaul their arena to help recruiting. Speaking of recruiting, SMU has had two good football recruiting classes in a row. They remind me of South Carolina when they went 0-11 a few years back playing a lot of freshmen. SMU will be much improved next year. And I guarantee you there's not a better football stadium in C-USA than Ford Stadium. With their facilities, tradition and location, they will not be down for long. Oh, and they happen to be a top 60 academic institution.

SMU and Rice will be excellent additions to C-USA. If you don't agree, fine... but keep it off our board.
03-09-2004 11:38 AM
GoTigersGo10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

We just broke 1000 on topics and love it here!!!!! Can't wait to start playing ya'll!
GO TIGERS,
Wes 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
03-09-2004 04:30 PM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

GoTigersGo10 Wrote:We just broke 1000 on topics and love it here!!!!! Can't wait to start playing ya'll!
GO TIGERS,
Wes 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
well... you cocker spaniels... that's really unbelievable, but an amazing testament to the strength of your fan base.

I know for a fact a lot of Tulsa fans are looking forward to playing Memphis again. It's been too long! 04-cheers
03-09-2004 04:43 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

Cane Gang Wrote:... the team board forums by a large margin. No other team board got even half the traffic as Tulsa! 04-rock

Until the Memphis fans decided to make this their new home. Took them exactly one weekend to all but catch us. Pretty amazing support they have.

Anyways, with the number of alumni they have, I don't think we'll be able to hold them off for more than a couple of days, but I wanted to encourage all you guys to keep posting and maybe drag some other TU fans over here. Let's keep the momentum going!
you have no idea; their posts' replies start to grow like an unchecked rabbit farm

be afraid........be very afraid

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
03-09-2004 04:53 PM
TIGER50 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

It was good to see the info on Rice and SMU. Too much talk about them being added to please TCU and then TCU bolted. The 3 Texas schools + Tulsa is going to be a good addition. If number 12 could be Eastern and Memphis and USM gets to go West, that would stack up well. I know Tulane is more West but USM and Memphis must stay on the same side.......that game is too much fun to be played only every other year. :D
03-15-2004 05:25 PM
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

TIGER50 Wrote:It was good to see the info on Rice and SMU. Too much talk about them being added to please TCU and then TCU bolted. The 3 Texas schools + Tulsa is going to be a good addition. If number 12 could be Eastern and Memphis and USM gets to go West, that would stack up well. I know Tulane is more West but USM and Memphis must stay on the same side.......that game is too much fun to be played only every other year. :D
yeah, that's the only hitch in the whole plan... Memphis, Tulane and USM are going to end up being split somehow. That really stinks. I wish that weren't the case. Maybe they can set up a permanent cross-division rival to address that.
03-15-2004 06:20 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies

Here come the Blazers, we will pass you guys next by week.... 04-rock
04-09-2004 03:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:Here come the Blazers, we will pass you guys next by week.... 04-rock
In topics, but not in replies. You got a ways to go there... 03-razz

Glad to see the Blazers on the board, tho! Look forward to playing you guys in hoops again!
04-09-2004 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.