Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Turkey and Russia near war in the ME
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Former buds Turkey and Russia close to war in Syria
This virus scare is hiding important stuff happening in the ME.
Quote:The attack Thursday marked the deadliest day for the Turkish military since Ankara first entered the Syrian conflict in 2016 and also was the most serious escalation between Turkish and Russian-backed Syrian forces, raising the prospect of an all-out war with millions of Syrian civilians trapped in the middle.
Turkey is still a NATO member. Alot of children killed in this.
Quote:Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, whose country already hosts more than 3.5 million Syrian refugees, has long threatened to “open the gates” for millions to flee to Europe unless more international support was provided.
You think there is a pandemic now, wait if this happens. It will be a disaster.
Quote:Two Russian frigates armed with cruise missiles were en route to the Syrian coast, Russian navy officials said.
All it would take is for one rogue Russian captain to shoot a plane down or something and it will all explode. We will see if Putin can be trusted. He may be picking his poison while the rest of the world is worried about a chest cold.
02-28-2020 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
RE: Turkey and Russia near war in the ME
(02-28-2020 11:53 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Former buds Turkey and Russia close to war in Syria
This virus scare is hiding important stuff happening in the ME.
Quote:The attack Thursday marked the deadliest day for the Turkish military since Ankara first entered the Syrian conflict in 2016 and also was the most serious escalation between Turkish and Russian-backed Syrian forces, raising the prospect of an all-out war with millions of Syrian civilians trapped in the middle.
Turkey is still a NATO member. Alot of children killed in this.
Quote:Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, whose country already hosts more than 3.5 million Syrian refugees, has long threatened to “open the gates” for millions to flee to Europe unless more international support was provided.
You think there is a pandemic now, wait if this happens. It will be a disaster.
Quote:Two Russian frigates armed with cruise missiles were en route to the Syrian coast, Russian navy officials said.
All it would take is for one rogue Russian captain to shoot a plane down or something and it will all explode. We will see if Putin can be trusted. He may be picking his poison while the rest of the world is worried about a chest cold.

Im surprised Turkey has been so timid thus far. This is on their border and they are are armed with significant weapons---F-16's with modern missiles. The Syrian forces have been targeting Trukish troops for some time with this latest incident being by far the most deadly. Turkey is going to have to pick sides. We will see what they do, but I wouldnt be surprised if Turkey commits to defending the area with air assets. I dont think Russia is going to invade Turkey over and enclave in Syria. Putin will take what you give him--but even Putin isnt going to risk war with NATO over a bombed out enclave on the Turkish border. That said, as long as there is no significant push back---Putin will continue to do as he wishes.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 12:10 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-28-2020 12:08 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Greece and Bulgaria better get their borders defended really well. Turkey has millions of Syrians and they really don't like them so Erdogan would be happy to get rid of them. NATO members over there should help Turkey also.
02-28-2020 12:09 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Hang Turkey out to dry if it happens. They are a crappy ally.
02-28-2020 12:12 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-28-2020 12:12 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Hang Turkey out to dry if it happens. They are a crappy ally.

yup...let those fk'rs duke it out...
02-28-2020 12:20 PM
Attackcoog Online

(02-28-2020 12:12 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Hang Turkey out to dry if it happens. They are a crappy ally.

Yup. Thats why I said---time for them to pick sides. Want to buddy up to Russia? Well---time to kiss their feet if thats who you want to run with. Frankly, I think Russia will back down if they get called out---but as long as nobody will oppose them, then they will keep going. From their prospective---there is no reason not to keep pushing. That said, thats why we have no business there. We have no interest in that enclave. Its on Turkey's border--not ours. If they are concerned---then they should handle it. If Europe doesnt want the refugees---then they should help Turkey. Let Europe deal with Europe's problem.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 12:27 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-28-2020 12:21 PM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-28-2020 12:21 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Yup. Thats why I said---time for them to pick sides. Want to buddy up to Russia? Well---time to kiss their feet if thats who you want to run with. Frankly, I think Russia will back down if they get called out---but as long as nobody will oppose them, then they will keep going. From their prospective---there is no reason not to keep pushing. That said, thats why we have no business there. We have no interest in that enclave. Its on Turkey's border--not ours. If they are concerned---then they should handle it. If Europe doesnt want the refugees---then they should help Turkey. Let Europe deal with Europe's problem.
The NATO aspect is what makes it sticky. But if the refugees are released there will be epic turmoil in Europe.
02-28-2020 02:14 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-28-2020 02:14 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

The NATO aspect is what makes it sticky. But if the refugees are released there will be epic turmoil in Europe.

It kind of makes everyone decide which side they're really on.

Turkey needs to figure out if they prefer Russia or US.

Europe needs to figure out if they want to support NATO by ponying up $$$.

All we have to do is sit back until everyone figures out what they really want -- as opposed to the posturing they like to do that makes them feel like they're a big deal on the global stage.
02-28-2020 02:19 PM
Attackcoog Online

(02-28-2020 02:19 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

All we have to do is sit back until everyone figures out what they really want -- as opposed to the posturing they like to do that makes them feel like they're a big deal on the global stage.

All I know is Trump was wise to get our troops out of that mess.
02-28-2020 02:32 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Let go at it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
02-28-2020 02:38 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(02-28-2020 02:32 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

All I know is Trump was wise to get our troops out of that mess.

Yes 100% the right move to get out of there. It was an ISIS hunting operation.
02-28-2020 02:53 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Not really. We can just do what Turkey did in Afghanistan and send non-combat troops.
02-28-2020 03:02 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7

Greece is one of the poorest countries, and they are struggling to help the refugees and not getting help from the richer countries like the UK who was in support of the refugees. UK needs to help Greece out like the other richer countries.
02-28-2020 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-28-2020 12:20 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

yup...let those fk'rs duke it out...

That's exactly what I thought. Let them drop bombs on each other. When Turkey asks for help wait until members in the EU provide help first. I say to the US, don't be the leader in protecting this S O's. Turkey is the typical Muslim country, they only want what they want on their own terms. Let them suffer a little, maybe it'll wake them up but for Petes Sake I don't want America getting into the fracas first or at all.
02-28-2020 05:33 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

(02-28-2020 03:02 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Not really. We can just do what Turkey did in Afghanistan and send non-combat troops.

Let's give them what Oblunder gave Ukraine.
02-28-2020 05:38 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-28-2020 05:38 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Ukraine wasn't and isn't a member of NATO. If they request and get an invocation of Article 5 we are bound by treaty to assist.
02-28-2020 05:57 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

(02-28-2020 05:57 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 05:38 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 12:21 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Yup. Thats why I said---time for them to pick sides. Want to buddy up to Russia? Well---time to kiss their feet if thats who you want to run with. Frankly, I think Russia will back down if they get called out---but as long as nobody will oppose them, then they will keep going. From their prospective---there is no reason not to keep pushing. That said, thats why we have no business there. We have no interest in that enclave. Its on Turkey's border--not ours. If they are concerned---then they should handle it. If Europe doesnt want the refugees---then they should help Turkey. Let Europe deal with Europe's problem.

Ukraine wasn't and isn't a member of NATO. If they request and get an invocation of Article 5 we are bound by treaty to assist.

Yes, but let's take our sweet time about it. There's countrys closer than us who can come to their aid quicker.
02-28-2020 06:01 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Erdogan is sounding more an more like Obama with his imaginary red lines.

I'm skeptical he's going to do more than tit for tat. He's been talking big for a month and done nothing of any significance yet except reposition troops and ask Russia for help.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 06:08 PM by bullet.)
02-28-2020 06:07 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

First 18,000 Syrian refugees cross Greek border amid fresh tear gas clashes with guards after Turkish president Erdogan vowed to open doors to Europe and KEEP them open
'What did we do yesterday (Friday)? We opened the doors,' Erdogan said in Istanbul in his first comments since 33 Turkish troops were killed in northern Syria on Thursday. 'We will not close those doors ...Why? Because the European Union should keep its promises.'

The Turkish leader also said 18,000 migrants have amassed on the Turkish borders with Europe since Friday, adding that the number could reach as many as 30,000 on Saturday.

Migrants played a cat-and-mouse game with Greek border patrols throughout the night and into Saturday, with some cutting holes in the fence only to be turned back by tear gas and stun grenades. Greek authorities also fired tear gas to repulse attempts by the crowd to push through the border.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...urope.html

02-29-2020 12:47 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

BTW they are from everywhere, Iran, Algeria, Iraq many countries.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2020 12:57 PM by SuperFlyBCat.)
02-29-2020 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.