UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB baseball loses second straight to UNC-Asheville
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

I Root For: UAB
UAB baseball loses second straight to UNC-Asheville
Blazers lost to UNC-Asheville 7-4 today. Also lost yesterday 7-3.

Lost midweek game vs. Jacksonville State also, and lost the series to Notre Dame last weekend two games to one.

So...we are off to a pretty sad 1-5 start. I wonder if we've ever had a worse start to the season, record wise?

Game three of this weekend's series is tomorrow at 1:00 at Regions Field.
02-22-2020 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: UAB baseball loses second straight to UNC-Asheville
We have lost in about all of our sports today. WBB, softball, beach volleyball, baseball, etc.
02-22-2020 07:35 PM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

(02-22-2020 07:35 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  We have lost in about all of our sports today. WBB, softball, beach volleyball, baseball, etc.

Maybe the Blazers' men's basketball can right the ship. Lovan banks in a desperation three at the half to take a 35-33 lead into the locker room over Florida Atlantic.
02-22-2020 07:46 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

MyBB UAB losts today
(02-22-2020 07:46 PM)bftb Wrote:  
(02-22-2020 07:35 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  We have lost in about all of our sports today. WBB, softball, beach volleyball, baseball, etc.

Maybe the Blazers' men's basketball can right the ship. Lovan banks in a desperation three at the half to take a 35-33 lead into the locker room over Florida Atlantic.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQXvulAKoS6goVsOF3Or...FmNmDStdq1]

At least our UAB doctors will someday cure Coronavirus.
02-22-2020 11:18 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

(02-22-2020 11:18 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  
(02-22-2020 07:46 PM)bftb Wrote:  

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQXvulAKoS6goVsOF3Or...FmNmDStdq1]

At least our UAB doctors will someday cure Coronavirus.

Better hurry up. That ish is being dropped off in Anniston this week.
02-22-2020 11:34 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
A puzzling decision to retain Coach Shoop in light of releasing a much more successful Mike Getman. UAB baseball hasn't made the CUSA tournament 3 out of the last 4 years.

Outside of football, UAB team sports are as collectively bad as they have ever been.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020 08:12 AM by BlazerGreen.)
02-23-2020 08:11 AM
BlazeOn Offline
Bench Warmer

UAB Baseball has not had a winning season since 2015.
02-23-2020 09:15 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
What sort of facility upgrades might help improve our recruiting allure for baseball? Or is that the problem?

To borrow from another thread, What "transformational investment" needs to be made?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020 07:24 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
02-23-2020 07:20 PM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

(02-23-2020 07:20 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  What sort of facility upgrades might help improve our recruiting allure for baseball? Or is that the problem?

To borrow from another thread, What "transformational investment" needs to be made?

Currently the baseball and softball are getting a new facility complete with locker rooms and players areas, and coaches offices etc...
That has been sorely needed for a decade or more for both teams. In terms of baseball UAB has really no one off facility for the team other than YMF(which other than the field itself is not good), the batting cages, and Regions that sometimes they get to play at. They have nothing really when compared to our peers. Recruiting to nothing can be a challenge.
02-24-2020 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.