Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How much of a raise for Luke?
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
How much of a raise for Luke?
UC has never shown great forward thinking but perhaps they could once.

Give him a contract that pays him the same as the highest paid other AAC coach makes. We are the best AAC school, act like it!

02-10-2020 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: How much of a raise for Luke?
University of Houston
Dana Holgorsen
$3,700,000
United States Naval Academy
Ken Niumatalolo
$2,316,000
University of Cincinnati
Luke Fickell
$2,300,000
University of Central Florida
Josh Heupel
$2,300,000
University of Tulsa
Philip Montgomery
$1,689,395
Tulane University
Willie Fritz
$1,612,000
East Carolina University
Mike Houston
$1,425,000
University of Memphis
Ryan Silverfield†
TBA
Southern Methodist University
Sonny Dykes
TBA
University of South Florida
Jeff Scott†
TBA
Temple University
Rod Carey
TBA

02-10-2020 11:23 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

(these are pretty outdated at this point but a decent point of reference) a good benchmark should be Holgorsen's 3.7M base with a hefty buyout and commitments to improvements for the locker room and practice facility.

02-10-2020 11:24 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
700 large for luke….200 large for each coordinator....100 large for all other coaches

02-10-2020 11:28 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
All depends on how large of a buyout he's willing to include. If he's willing to put a ridiculously large buyout, I say go as high as $4 million.

I'd say a buyout structure like this:
$15 million before 2/1/2021
$10 million before 2/1/2022
$8 million before 2/1/2023
$6 million before 2/1/2024

We know he'll leave eventually, but this way we'll get most of our money back when he gets poached.

02-10-2020 11:41 AM
cmhcat Offline
Special Teams

Suspend the Cincinnati city charter...Fickell is effectively the mayor from now on...

02-10-2020 11:58 AM
Advertisement

The Big O Offline
Special Teams

Tell us how much you are going to donate and I'll give you a number.

02-10-2020 12:06 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
I don't know how long Fick will stay, but at this moment in time it's nice to see someone make a decision on factors other than the almighty dinero. I never felt he would leave as i think if he really, really had intended to move, he would have told the recruiting class prior to signing. Nothing last forever, but he earned even more than the high level of respect i had for him before this. He should be throwing out the first pitch at opening day.

02-10-2020 12:30 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
(02-10-2020 11:58 AM)cmhcat Wrote:  Suspend the Cincinnati city charter...Fickell is effectively the mayor from now on...

If coach killed somebody I wouldn’t just help hide the body. I’d take the rap for I’d. I’d do 25 to life. FOR COACH.

02-10-2020 12:45 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
(02-10-2020 11:58 AM)cmhcat Wrote:  Suspend the Cincinnati city charter...Fickell is effectively the mayor from now on...

Lord, don't throw that on him. I'd run if i had to take that job. LOL

02-10-2020 12:49 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2020 12:49 PM)dsquare Wrote:  

Lord, don't throw that on him. I'd run if i had to take that job. LOL

The folks at city hall are more dysfunctional than MSU.

02-10-2020 12:53 PM
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
If UC wants to be any part of future realignment they need to commit all-in on athletics. Make Fick the highest paid G5 coach. $4M plus a substantial bump for his assistants plus a 5 year rolling contract. Pay the man.

I could easily argue Fickel is the best UC football coach in the last 50 years. Back-to-back 11 wins seasons and the highest rated recruiting class in school history . Why would you want to give up someone like that. Even during the BK years we didn't have nowhere close to this level of recruiting. BK was winning with Dantonio's players.

02-10-2020 12:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It’s likely going to be structured to look like PJ Fleck’s new 7 year deal with a discount in salary and buyout scale for being AAC versus B1G.
Cunningham probably has that deal saved somewhere in word format.

Fleck’s new salary + media etc. is $4.6 with a $10 million buyout in year 1 (final year salary is $4.9...).

30% discount for not being P5 puts CLF at around $3.2 and a year 1 buyout at $7 million.

Tell him to call me and I’ll draw it up on a bar napkin when I get back home to design my new chicken coop and greenhouse.

Quote:Full details of Flecks deal:

Fleck’s annual base salary will be $1.1 million and his base salary will increase by $50,000 on January 1, 2021 and on January 1 of each subsequent year, meaning his base salary during the contract term will peak at $1.4 million during the final contract year.

Fleck will also earn annual supplemental compensation worth $3.5 million for his efforts in media, fundraising, community involvement and endorsements of apparel and shoes, meaning he’ll be paid $4.6 million in the first contract year and $4.9 during the final contract year.

Other compensation and benefits Fleck will receive include:

Up to 60 hours of private aircraft use per year when making recruiting visits and other mutually agreed upon university business when he’s traveling more than 200 miles from Minnesota’s Twin Cities campus.
A suite for all football games, up to 20 tickets for any bowl game the team competes in; up to six season tickets for Minnesota men’s basketball; up to four season tickets to men’s hockey games, tickets to all other home athletic events.
An annual $49,000 Nike Elite allotment
Minnesota also agreed to make an additional $1,050,000 available for Minnesota’s assistant coaches and/or other staff members, on February 1, 2020. On February 1, 2021, the school agrees to make an additional $200,000 available for assistant coaches and/or other staff members.

If Minnesota fires Fleck without cause, the school will owe him a termination fee of 65 percent of the base salary (including raises) and supplemental compensation that would have been paid to him throughout the term of the agreement. Fleck’s termination fee would consist of severance and nonqualified deferred compensation.

If Fleck terminates his contract with Minnesota, he’d owe the school the following termination fee:

$10 million through December 31, 2020
$4.5 million from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021
$3 million from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2023
$2 million from January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2025
$0 from January 1, 2026 through December 31, 2026
Fleck can earn the following cumulative performance-based incentives:

Winning the Big Ten Championship: $150,000
Winning or tying for Big Ten division title: $100,000
Being named National Coach of the Year: $100,000
Being named Big Ten Coach of the Year: $50,000
Fleck can earn the following non-cumulative, performance-based incentives:

Win the College Football Playoff Championship: $300,000
Participate in a College Football Playoff Semifinal: $200,000
Play in a New Year’s Six bowl game that’s not part of the College Football Playoff: $150,000
Participate in a bowl game and be the first or second team remaining in the overall conference standings not selected to participate in the College Football Playoff: $125,000
Participate in a bowl game that’s not part of the stipulations listed above: $75,000
Fleck can earn $50,000 if Minnesota wins a bowl game over a team from the ACC, SEC, Big 12 or Pac-12.

Fleck can earn the following non-cumulative, APR-related performance-based incentives:

Team APR score greater than or equal to 960: $30,000
Team APR score greater than or equal to 970: $50,000
Team APR score greater than or equal to 980: $75,000
Fleck can earn the following non-cumulative, performance-based incentives:

A team graduation success rate greater than or equal to 85: $75,000
A team graduation success rate greater than or equal to 75: $50,000

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020 01:11 PM by rath v2.0.)
02-10-2020 01:06 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(02-10-2020 11:13 AM)doss2 Wrote:  UC has never shown great forward thinking but perhaps they could once.

Give him a contract that pays him the same as the highest paid other AAC coach makes. We are the best AAC school, act like it!

This this and nothing but this!

02-10-2020 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(02-10-2020 01:06 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It’s likely going to be structured to look like PJ Fleck’s new 7 year deal with a discount in salary and buyout scale for being AAC versus B1G.
Cunningham probably has that deal saved somewhere in word format.

Fleck’s new salary + media etc. is $4.6 with a $10 million buyout in year 1 (final year salary is $4.9...).

30% discount for not being P5 puts CLF at around $3.2 and a year 1 buyout at $7 million.

Tell him to call me and I’ll draw it up on a bar napkin when I get back home to design my new chicken coop and greenhouse.

Jeez...talk about going to pasture...

02-10-2020 02:10 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I’ve gone feral.

02-10-2020 02:12 PM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2020 12:55 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  If UC wants to be any part of future realignment they need to commit all-in on athletics. Make Fick the highest paid G5 coach. $4M plus a substantial bump for his assistants plus a 5 year rolling contract. Pay the man.

I could easily argue Fickel is the best UC football coach in the last 50 years. Back-to-back 11 wins seasons and the highest rated recruiting class in school history . Why would you want to give up someone like that. Even during the BK years we didn't have nowhere close to this level of recruiting. BK was winning with Dantonio's players.
Since Gillman it is either Kelly or Luke. I have Kelly ahead as he came with seconds of playing for NCAA Championship.

02-10-2020 02:32 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(02-10-2020 02:32 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(02-10-2020 12:55 PM)nachoman91 Wrote:  If UC wants to be any part of future realignment they need to commit all-in on athletics. Make Fick the highest paid G5 coach. $4M plus a substantial bump for his assistants plus a 5 year rolling contract. Pay the man.

Since Gillman it is either Kelly or Luke. I have Kelly ahead as he came with seconds of playing for NCAA Championship.

That's a tough call, because we saw what Kelly's recruiting was like after he left, the cupboard was barer than a baby's ass in Jones' first year. Fickell is clearly gearing up, not tapering off,

02-10-2020 02:39 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-10-2020 02:39 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

That's a tough call, because we saw what Kelly's recruiting was like after he left, the cupboard was barer than a baby's ass in Jones' first year. Fickell is clearly gearing up, not tapering off,

Butch won a lot of games with Kelly recruits at the core his 2nd and 3rd seasons. I just have never bought this. I think we give Butch a pretty big pass for that first year when he has a lot of the fault (plus injuries and probably a lack of quality depth that had developed yet).

02-10-2020 02:43 PM
applegbt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
(02-10-2020 02:43 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(02-10-2020 02:39 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Butch won a lot of games with Kelly recruits at the core his 2nd and 3rd seasons. I just have never bought this. I think we give Butch a pretty big pass for that first year when he has a lot of the fault (plus injuries and probably a lack of quality depth that had developed yet).

Possibly true. But regardless, it seems like the recruiting momentum and success we've had under CLF is unprecedented for this program. I believe coach Fick is still learning as a head coach (whereas BK came in a bit more seasoned), but to me that just means tons of potential to get even better. What he's done well right out of the gate is recruit and motivate. And it seems like he and his group of coaches just keep getting better at it.

02-10-2020 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.