Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Mayor Pete, ACRONYM, and Shadow Inc
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
Mayor Pete, ACRONYM, and Shadow Inc
There's so much information about this right now that I figured we should have a thread to pull the pieces together.

First off a quick overview. You may not like Gab, but they do provide external links for what they reference... which is more than what most MSM outlets do.

https://news.gab.com/2020/02/04/meet-the...ayor-pete/

Then there's this twitter thread...

I'm unsure how a Non-Profit can be an Investor... but oh yea... its a 501©(4) “social welfare” nonprofit, meaning they dont have to disclose their donors.

Lets look at some other details... The CEO of Acronym supports Pete's Candidacy. Pete invests $40k into Shadow Inc, which is the company Acronym is an "investor of"... and The CEO's husband works for Pete's campiagn... and oh yea... Acronym runs its own PAC.

And the Dems like to claim Trump is corrupt?

This will be a rapidly evolving story as more and more people look into it. The twitter post I threw up has a bunch of other oddies as well. Like the fact that employees have outright lied about things... and their own previous posts prove they are lying.

This is beyond regular swamp-like behavior... this is pure sewage as far as i'm concerned.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020 01:42 PM by q5sys.)
02-04-2020 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: Mayor Pete, ACRONYM, and Shadow Inc
He was definitely prepared and eager to give his "victory" speech despite being in 3rd and 4th in all of the polls, including the big one he successfully scrapped, The question is, will Bernie say enough is enough or will he get cucked by a gay man just like he got cucked by Crooked Hillary?
02-04-2020 01:43 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:The firm responsible for the app that caused delays in counting votes during Monday’s Iowa caucuses had a role in developing an outlet promoting Democratic propaganda outlets ahead of the 2020 election.

Campaign consulting nonprofit ACRONYM owns Shadow Inc., a company that operates the app Democrats hoped would simplify the process of counting the votes in Iowa’s roughly 1,700 precincts. Officials across the state struggled to use the app, leaving the results of the caucuses in limbo.

HuffPost, citing campaign finance records, reported out ACRONYM’s role in the debacle late Monday night.

[img]Tara McGowan, a digital producer for Obama for America in 2011 and the proprietor behind ACRONYM, raised at least $25 million from wealthy liberals to create a media company called Courier Newsroom that is designed to deliver information favorable to Democrats.

Courier is rolling out newspapers in swing states to counter what McGowan believes is right-wing spin on Facebook and across the digital domain.[/img]

McGowan plans on spending roughly $75 million on digital ads to rebut what Democrats believe is President Donald Trump’s insurmountable edge in battleground states, Bloomberg Businessweek reported in November.

Along with the Courier Newsroom, McGowan is also creating Virginia Dogwood and Arizona’s Copper Courier, among others that are expected to roll out in Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin, all battleground states.

The Dogwood, for its part, publishes articles that appear to be local in an effort to help develop trust among readers in the area.

McGowan explained to Bloomberg Businessweek how her operations work.

“Everybody who clicks on, likes, or shares an article … we get that data back to create a lookalike audience to find other people with similar attributes in the same area. So we continually grow our ability to find people,” said McGowan, a former journalist who worked for CBS News.

Objective journalism no long exists, McGowan said, noting that 2020 is a time for reinvention.

“A lot of people I respect will see this media company as an affront to journalistic integrity because it won’t, in their eyes, be balanced,” McGowan noted. “What I say to them is, Balance does not exist anymore, unfortunately.”

She added: “We’re losing the information war to verified liars pouring millions of dollars into Facebook.”

Another alum of former President Barack Obama’s campaigns is joining her agenda. David Plouffe, who managed Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign, recently joined Acronym’s board.

Neither Plouffe nor McGowan have responded to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment through the Acronym website. They have not yet answered questions about the ethical problems associated with producing journalistic content nor have they discussed their company’s role in creating Shadow.

The Iowa Democratic Party paid Shadow Inc. $44,666 on Nov. 15, 2019 and $18,517 on Dec. 6, 2019, according to Iowa state campaign finance reports. The Nevada State Democratic Party also gave the company $58,000 on Aug. 27, 2019, Federal Election Commission records show.

Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign also plowed $42,250 into Shadow’s coffers in July 2019.

Link
02-04-2020 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(02-04-2020 01:43 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  He was definitely prepared and eager to give his "victory" speech despite being in 3rd and 4th in all of the polls, including the big one he successfully scrapped, The question is, will Bernie say enough is enough or will he get cucked by a gay man just like he got cucked by Crooked Hillary?

Bernie is gonna just win the primary despite all this, and if somehow he doesn't and they steal it from him it doesn't matter what he says or does the democrats will have sealed their own fate as a party and his supporters will stay home or vote 3rd party in mass.
02-04-2020 01:46 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

Another article from 2019 which points out another interesting thing about ACRONYM
https://readsludge.com/2019/11/06/whos-b...-campaign/

Quote:In February 2017, one month before launching Acronym, MacGowan founded political consulting firm Lockwood Strategy Lab, a for-profit C-corporation registered in Delaware. According to Acronym’s 2017 tax form, Lockwood Strategy is a wholly-owned affiliate of Acronym. Lockwood Strategy is listed as a related C corporation. In the 2018 election cycle, Lockwood Strategy was by far the biggest vendor to Pacronym, scoring $1 million to book ads in Pennsylvania state races.

So a non-profit company fully owns a for-profit company... and the PAC the non-profit runs uses the for profit company which is run by their parent non-profit.
Just stop and think about that for a few moments...
I think the dems always want to blame everyone else for Corruption because its the only thing they can do effectively these days.
02-04-2020 01:47 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Watch Buttigeig mysteriously win all of the coin flips like Hillary did 4 years ago.

Watch this guy keep flipping the coin to get a desired result without being obvious, then at the very end, realilzes the coin still isnt for Buttigeig, so he turns it over one last time.

F*cking cucks!

02-04-2020 01:57 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

The picture of the CEO on her profile page on the company website... https://www.anotheracronym.org/team/tara-mcgowan/

[Image: tara-mcgowan-1.jpg]
02-04-2020 01:58 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(02-04-2020 01:38 PM)q5sys Wrote:  There's so much information about this right now that I figured we should have a thread to pull the pieces together.

First off a quick overview. You may not like Gab, but they do provide external links for what they reference... which is more than what most MSM outlets do.

https://news.gab.com/2020/02/04/meet-the...ayor-pete/

Then there's this twitter thread...

I'm unsure how a Non-Profit can be an Investor... but oh yea... its a 501©(4) “social welfare” nonprofit, meaning they dont have to disclose their donors.

Lets look at some other details... The CEO of Acronym supports Pete's Candidacy. Pete invests $40k into Shadow Inc, which is the company Acronym is an "investor of"... and The CEO's husband works for Pete's campiagn... and oh yea... Acronym runs its own PAC.

And the Dems like to claim Trump is corrupt?

This will be a rapidly evolving story as more and more people look into it. The twitter post I threw up has a bunch of other oddies as well. Like the fact that employees have outright lied about things... and their own previous posts prove they are lying.

This is beyond regular swamp-like behavior... this is pure sewage as far as i'm concerned.

More analysis of what happening in Iowa...

Quote:many of the Democratic institutions in D.C. and Silicon Valley that supply the underlying campaign infrastructure. One useful example of this cartel was when an arm of Congressional Democrats, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) created a blacklist of political operatives for those who sought to aid anyone challenging an incumbent Democrat. This move was straightforward economic coercion against those who make their living working on political campaigns, often for populist primary challengers.

Then there’s the technical infrastructure, which has to do with databases of voters, tools for elections, and ad buying firms. That’s where we get to Acronym, which owns the app maker Shadow.

Acronym is an an organizing vehicle for a $75 million digital spending campaign for large Democratic donors against Trump. Basically the pitch from Acronym was, ‘we need to be high tech to beat Trump,’ which means collecting money from rich people and unions and buying YouTube and Facebook ads with it.

Link
02-04-2020 05:49 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-04-2020 01:46 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 01:43 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  He was definitely prepared and eager to give his "victory" speech despite being in 3rd and 4th in all of the polls, including the big one he successfully scrapped, The question is, will Bernie say enough is enough or will he get cucked by a gay man just like he got cucked by Crooked Hillary?

Bernie is gonna just win the primary despite all this, and if somehow he doesn't and they steal it from him it doesn't matter what he says or does the democrats will have sealed their own fate as a party and his supporters will stay home or vote 3rd party in mass.

Yep, they sure will...stay at home. But, in the meantime they'll have their riots at the convention.
02-04-2020 06:18 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(02-04-2020 06:18 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Yep, they sure will...stay at home. But, in the meantime they'll have their riots at the convention.

I hope they do. If the DNC robs Bernie at the convention I hope they burn the party to the ground. I will happily vote 3rd party. I will happily never vote for the democrat party again in any election.
02-04-2020 06:58 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Some Bernie voters voted for Trump to teach Crooked Hillary and DNC cheated Bernie.
02-04-2020 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:After months of buildup, Monday’s Iowa Caucus kicked off the 2020 primary elections—and it didn’t go great. Reporting of results was delayed by what Iowa democratic officials first called "quality control" efforts. In fact, a new, unvetted mobile app designed to help collect and relay voting tallies had failed due to technical and usability issues. The telephone hotline intended as a fail-safe was overwhelmed by calls from caucus leaders trying to report results and troubleshoot the app. It was, and as of publication continues to be, a mess. It's also a warning.

The good news first: There's every indication that Iowa's results will turn out just fine. The votes were all properly recorded, and a paper backup means that they can be verified. It was the reporting process that epically collapsed, necessitating extra time for collecting and tallying final results. It's an annoyance, not a catastrophe.

"As part of our investigation, we determined with certainty that the underlying data collected via the app was sound," Iowa Democratic Party chair Troy Price said in a statement. "While the app was recording data accurately, it was reporting out only partial data. We have determined that this was due to a coding issue in the reporting system. This issue was identified and fixed."

But the things that went wrong in Iowa provide an important lesson that election officials have precious little time left to learn. Adding technology to the electoral process does not necessarily improve it; in fact, it often makes things more confusing. Worse still, the fallibility of tech makes it easy fodder for conspiracy theories, and a lack of faith in the democratic process. All of which has been on display in Iowa.

Start with the app, developed by a company called Shadow that was funded chiefly by Acronym, a Democratic nonprofit founded in 2017 by former Clinton campaign staff. An Acronym spokesperson did not return a request for comment from WIRED, though the firm said in a statement that it is simply an investor in Shadow. "We sincerely regret the delay in the reporting of the results of last night’s Iowa caucuses," Shadow tweeted on Tuesday afternoon. "As the Iowa Democratic Party has confirmed, the underlying data and collection process via Shadow’s mobile caucus app was sound and accurate, but our process to transmit that caucus results data generated via the app to the IDP was not. ... Shadow is an independent, for-profit technology company that contracted with the Iowa Democratic Party to build a caucus reporting mobile app."

"People have to think carefully about what the impact is going to be when introducing tech into voting."

Marian Schneider, Verified Voting

All software has bugs, but a flaw in the core functionality—reporting data—is a major failure. This year, after confusion marred reporting in 2016 and 2008, caucus precinct leaders needed to relay more data than ever to Iowa Democratic officials, who tabulate the results. In addition to the final votes and delegates won, participants also collected data about how caucus-goers originally aligned themselves and how they realigned once it was clear which candidates had less than 15 percent of the vote. The app was intended to be simple way to collect all of this information and centralize it as quickly as possible. It had one job.

In a way, the app had failed before Monday night's caucus began. Rather than download it from an app store, precinct leaders had to side-load it onto their devices, a confusing process that many seem to have understandably not bothered with. Those who did install the app appear to have received little training on how to use it or even how to log in; it required a combination of security codes rather than a simple username and password. On top of that, the PINs that precinct leaders used to practice logging in to the app expired before the caucus began.

Details about the app were also largely kept secret, an apparent attempt to create "security through obscurity." Not even the Department of Homeland Security had a chance to review it. But the idea that it's more difficult for hackers to attack a system they don't know much about is deeply misguided. Attackers can get up to speed quickly, while leaving security researchers in the dark means there's limited opportunity to catch bugs and vulnerabilities before the platform goes live. Nevada Democrats were planning to use the same app during their caucus in less than three weeks but said on Tuesday that they will not.

“I had heard concerns about the app, in particular that people didn’t know much about it and that there was a lot of secrecy around it,” says Lawrence Norden, deputy director of the Brennan Center's Democracy Program at New York University School of Law. “Even for the people who were supposed to be using it, there was very little training, and there was certainly no public testing of the app.”

Even worse, the Iowa Democrats' phone lines, which were supposed to be the fail-safe for the app, went down. Precinct leaders reported hours-long hold times and issues with their calls being disconnected. It seems that the hotline was expecting fewer calls than in previous years because of the app. Instead, the app actually increased call volume, as frustrated precinct managers tried to figure out what had gone wrong.

Despite all of this, the results should be sound. Every caucus vote was recorded on paper, meaning that officials will be able to verify that their final digital tallies line up with the actual results.

“In this case in Iowa I don’t think anyone will need to doubt what the results are,” says Marian Schneider, president of Verified Voting, a group that promotes election system best practices. “Those were recorded; those were preserved according to the caucus procedures that they’ve been following for a long time. But the reporting mechanism failed. People have to think carefully about what the impact is going to be when introducing tech into voting.”

Monday night’s debacle underscores the stakes of debuting new technology in elections and the inherent risks of layering more tech into systems to solve problems rather than looking for their root cause.

“Technology can help, but it usually comes with added risks,” says Ben Adida, executive director VotingWorks, a nonprofit maker of voting machines. “So any introduction of technology should come with a cost-benefit analysis. And when we do introduce technology in the foundational layer of our democracy, it should be broadly vetted, load tested, security reviewed, and open source.” None of which appears to have happened in Iowa.

For years, the election security community has stressed the need for paper backups in normal voting machines. And yet a rush to embrace certain digital technologies has left many states around the country with at least some precincts that use voting machines without a paper backup. A recent report from the Brennan Center estimates that 16 million votes will be cast with no paper backup at all in the 2020 presidential election. If any of those counties run into problems similar to Iowa's, they'll have no fail-safe for confirming results.

“A lot of states already use internet voting. West Virginia is already using a mobile app for military and overseas voters,” Verified Voting’s Schneider says. The state plans to expand app voting to include disabled citizens as well. “This is a very cautionary tale for doing so. We shouldn’t be doing that. I think this shows that we’re not ready.”

"Technology can help, but it usually comes with added risks."

Ben Adida, VotingWorks

Iowa will bounce back from its Monday mess. State officials said they'd have official results by 5 pm EST on Tuesday. But in an already turbulent election cycle, the meltdown shows how easy it would be to create instability by spreading misinformation or calling a voting system’s integrity into question. On Monday night alone, rumors and conspiracy theories quickly popped up to fill the void as everyone—from voters to politicians to the media—awaited results they thought would come quickly. In elections, most of all, speed should not come at the cost of accuracy.

“Imagine this operational failure where we don't have individual voter-verified paper ballots to go back to," says VotingWorks’ Adida. "That would require nothing short of rerunning the election. But we have locally verified paper records of the caucus tallies, so we should all take a deep breath. We're going to be OK.”

Link
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020 07:26 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
02-04-2020 07:25 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
The smell of fear is strong in this thread.
02-04-2020 07:27 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(02-04-2020 07:02 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Some Bernie voters voted for Trump to teach Crooked Hillary and DNC cheated Bernie.

Some did, some voted 3rd party (me) and a lot just stayed home. If they steal it at the convention the numbers that will do all 3 will be multiple times higher.
02-04-2020 07:37 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
fwiw.....and to all youtube users....

beat the livin' shite out of the refresh button....watch the ads disappear.....

it's the last workaround they haven't figured out at this point.....

#enjoyBliss
02-04-2020 07:49 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(02-04-2020 07:27 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  The smell of fear is strong in this thread.

[Image: 120tgs.jpg]
02-04-2020 08:09 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Bernie is gonna just win the primary despite all this, and if somehow he doesn't and they steal it from him it doesn't matter what he says or does the democrats will have sealed their own fate as a party and his supporters will stay home or vote 3rd party in mass en masse.

FIFY pronounced aun mass by the way..
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020 09:00 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
02-04-2020 08:59 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-04-2020 07:27 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  The smell of fear is strong in this thread.

That's just the mess you made in your manny-liner, clean that shite up. So much projection...
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020 09:02 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
02-04-2020 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.