Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iowa not a swing state
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Iowa not a swing state
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...ack-110439

“"...The trends here are much more red than purple. I could see that swinging back at some point, but probably not with Trump on the ballot,” says Ben Foecke, who served as executive director of the Iowa Democratic Party four years ago. “It became clear to us in 2016 that this was the path we were heading down, at least in the short term, so I'm not surprised when I hear these conversations or read these memos explaining that Iowa isn’t really a swing state in 2020....""

I've also heard Democrats were thinking about writing off Florida.

They may dream of Georgia and Texas, but that is not going to happen. Arizona does seem to be trending purple. But if Florida, Ohio and Iowa are solidly red in 2020, the Democrats have a very narrow thread to achieve victory. That's conceding 249 votes to President Trump of the 306 he won in 2016. PA is 20, MI 16, AZ 11, WI 10.
02-03-2020 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Iowa not a swing state
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl...42292.html
This article kind of goes along with it. Mayor Pete got attacked for saying nice things about middle America. Except for Chicago, Democrats hate everything between the Rockies and Appalachians.

“"...In the face of unprecedented challenges, we need a president whose vision was shaped by the American Heartland rather than the ineffective Washington politics we’ve come to know and expect.”

Uh-oh. The response to Mayor Pete was instant and ugly. Turns out that “Heartland” is a racist dog whistle. At least according to white comedian Andy Richter it is. I guess it takes a recipient of “white privilege” to know one.

Thousands of people took time to attack not just Buttigieg, but also the heartland itself. Former CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien wrote: “Uhhh... what? Shaping by the heartland is better? Is that where all the ‘Real Americans’ live? Is that the only place where ‘American Values’ can be found? This is offensive and disgraceful.”

So it went, with thousands of people letting Buttigieg know that his home state of Indiana and the rest of the Midwest were nothing more than a hotbed of institutional racism...."
02-03-2020 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.