Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mark was right
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Mark was right
Alot of people over complicating the early season struggles, but this team is all about how well Jarron plays.

When Cumberland is good, UC is good. When not good, UC is not so good. I think it's pretty clear that Brannen was not trying to hold him back based on the way he is utilizing him, but more something was going on with him (injuries?) early this year.

01-28-2020 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Don't tase me bro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Mark was right
(01-28-2020 08:57 PM)jarr Wrote:  Alot of people over complicating the early season struggles, but this team is all about how well Jarron plays.

When Cumberland is good, UC is good. When not good, UC is not so good. I think it's pretty clear that Brannen was not trying to hold him back based on the way he is utilizing him, but more something was going on with him (injuries?) early this year.

If he stays healthy and plays the way he has the last couple of weeks, they can win a bunch of games. I still think he has a better supporting cast than last year.

If UC could stop throwing the ball all over the gym, they would be extremely good.

01-28-2020 09:23 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(01-28-2020 09:23 PM)Dont tase me bro Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 08:57 PM)jarr Wrote:  Alot of people over complicating the early season struggles, but this team is all about how well Jarron plays.

If he stays healthy and plays the way he has the last couple of weeks, they can win a bunch of games. I still think he has a better supporting cast than last year.

If UC could stop throwing the ball all over the gym, they would be extremely good.

I agree on that last point. Until this team corrects the turnover issue, they're still extremely vulnerable - no matter how well Jarron plays.

01-28-2020 09:26 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(01-28-2020 09:26 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 09:23 PM)Dont tase me bro Wrote:  

I agree on that last point. Until this team corrects the turnover issue, they're still extremely vulnerable - no matter how well Jarron plays.

Coach said in his post game interview that taking care of the ball is the main thing they have to improve.

01-28-2020 09:32 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Enjoy his last couple months as a Bearcat. He's a special player. It's a shame the season started out with him being banged up, but here's to hoping he finishes very, very strong. Kid's a gamer.

The big news is if he's back to form, we can still win without Tre and Jaevin having productive nights. LOL

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020 10:12 PM by dsquare.)
01-28-2020 10:11 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Jarr, you really know how to title a thread. Give my friend rommel some pointers please.

01-28-2020 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Dear Lord. First, Mark gets love from the Board in a thread questioning why he's a MOD/how did he get the job in the first place. Now, he gets a thread saying he's right. What's next, are dudes going to start writing him checks? Sheesh.

01-28-2020 10:27 PM
bearcatmark Offline

(01-28-2020 10:27 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Dear Lord. First, Mark gets love from the Board in a thread questioning why he's a MOD/how did he get the job in the first place. Now, he gets a thread saying he's right. What's next, are dudes going to start writing him checks? Sheesh.

Doss, what do you think?

01-28-2020 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
I completely agree that Mark was right. Great Jarron makes this team way better.

I have not looked at any stats, but it seems like Vogt has done a better job at staying on the floor, and not taking useless 50/50 fouls. That game at OSU, every time Wesson challenged his position on the block, he got called for pushing back. Most of his fouls have looked better spent lately, and the offence seems more efficient when he is in.

01-28-2020 10:36 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Jarron's performance last night was the kind people will talk about years from now as he is still ascending to be an all-time great for the Red and Black.

If he stays healthy, the 'Cats reduce turnovers and bring the kind of toughness we saw at home out on the road, this team can not only make the NCAA but advance. There, I said it.

Short of that postseason scenario, recent home games in 2020 have been as enjoyable as any we've experienced in a decade or more. This team is poised to peak at the right time; not limp into March.

01-29-2020 08:13 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
We still have some work to do but the “Only Mick can win here” crowd are starting to looking a little sheepish.

01-29-2020 08:25 AM
Advertisement

Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

With all due respect to Mark, but.....

[Image: captain-obvious-approves-5bd0ce.jpg]

01-29-2020 08:32 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
Good Lord, all the 01-ncaabbs to Mark...LOL... UR expertise is requested, what number in NET must the Bearcats achieve to be solidly in or what would the lowest be to still have a chance....04-cheers

01-29-2020 10:34 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

What are the predictive analytics that Mark is right all the time? 05-deadhorse

01-29-2020 10:58 AM
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
In 2020 conference play thus far...clean up the turnovers and if Jarron keeps on this recent hot streak 04-cheers

2020 Conference play...
Jarron - 16.9 PPG 5.6 APG 4.4 RPG 1.4 SPG 3.5 TOPG 0.40 FG% 0.44 3P% 0.83 FT%

For the 2019 season...
Jarron - 18.8 PPG 3.6 APG 4.4 RPG 1.1 SPG 2.7 TOPG 0.40 FG% 0.39 3P% 0.77 FT%

01-29-2020 11:02 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Mark's analytics bible and hero author...

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

01-29-2020 11:03 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

(01-29-2020 10:34 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  Good Lord, all the 01-ncaabbs to Mark...LOL... UR expertise is requested, what number in NET must the Bearcats achieve to be solidly in or what would the lowest be to still have a chance....04-cheers

My advice is to not worry about the NET number in isolation. UC needs to get a couple Q1 scalps and take care of business against the bottom of the conference.

01-29-2020 11:18 AM
bearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(01-29-2020 11:18 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(01-29-2020 10:34 AM)CincyBro Wrote:  Good Lord, all the 01-ncaabbs to Mark...LOL... UR expertise is requested, what number in NET must the Bearcats achieve to be solidly in or what would the lowest be to still have a chance....04-cheers

My advice is to not worry about the NET number in isolation. UC needs to get a couple Q1 scalps and take care of business against the bottom of the conference.

I am not as concerned with quad 1 wins as long as they get 14 conference wins. 13-5 is bubble regardless and will need a few more in the tournament to feel good. Unless UC wins at Wichita or Houston there isn’t going to be real quad 1 win as I believe Houston and Wichita will fall into 30’s or 40’s by the end of the year.

01-29-2020 11:32 AM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Can we move this to the Mark board? With 2 threads dedicated to him (and the fact that he is a moderator and can probably create his own), he should probably get his own board.

01-29-2020 11:47 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
(01-29-2020 11:32 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(01-29-2020 11:18 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

I am not as concerned with quad 1 wins as long as they get 14 conference wins. 13-5 is bubble regardless and will need a few more in the tournament to feel good. Unless UC wins at Wichita or Houston there isn’t going to be real quad 1 win as I believe Houston and Wichita will fall into 30’s or 40’s by the end of the year.

Looking at the resumes and where we stand, Q1 wins are the ONLY thing keeping us from the field right now. They absolutely need a scalp, probably 2.

01-29-2020 11:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.