Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Our coming schedule provides some luck
Bookmark and Share
Alcalde2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mem
Our coming schedule provides some luck
Our next 4 games are all in the top 6 of the most likely to win among our remaining games.

This is important because this team needs to rebuild some confidence more than anything. IF we can go 4-0 over this stretch, this may give us the swagger to steal one of the late games we are less likely to win..

If we had to play at Houston, UConn and Wichita over the next 3, it may have been a knock out punch in terms of confidence for the season... IF that hasnt already occured.

We have to go 4-0 over this easier stretch, and we have to beat Tulane and ECU as well.
If we can follow that by defending our home court vs Wichita, and stealing just one of the other 4 very tough road games, that will put us at 22-8... 23 or 24-9 after the AAC tourney will be squarely on the bubble.
01-27-2020 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Our coming schedule provides some luck
(01-27-2020 01:44 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  Our next 4 games are all in the top 6 of the most likely to win among our remaining games.

This is important because this team needs to rebuild some confidence more than anything. IF we can go 4-0 over this stretch, this may give us the swagger to steal one of the late games we are less likely to win..

If we had to play at Houston, UConn and Wichita over the next 3, it may have been a knock out punch in terms of confidence for the season... IF that hasnt already occured.

We have to go 4-0 over this easier stretch, and we have to beat Tulane and ECU as well.
If we can follow that by defending our home court vs Wichita, and stealing just one of the other 4 very tough road games, that will put us at 22-8... 23 or 24-9 after the AAC tourney will be squarely on the bubble.

Anything more than 7 losses an we have to go to the Final in the AAC tourney to get a look or we have to hope that NC State maintains there NET ranking and UT or someone elses NET ranking comes up greatly before the season ends.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020 01:54 PM by macgar32.)
01-27-2020 01:51 PM
Alcalde2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mem
(01-27-2020 01:51 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(01-27-2020 01:44 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  Our next 4 games are all in the top 6 of the most likely to win among our remaining games.

Anything more than 7 losses an we have to go to the Final in the AAC tourney to get a look or we have to hope that NC State maintains there NET ranking and UT or someone elses NET ranking comes up greatly before the season ends.

Hard to imagine us losing only 2 more games with the remaining schedule we have. I agree with you about NC State and UT... but in the scenario I gave, we would add a win over Wichita as well as a quality road win against UConn, SMU, Houston or Cincy. I also agree with 9 losses that includes a loss in the final game of the tourney would be a min requirement
01-27-2020 02:49 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-27-2020 02:49 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  
(01-27-2020 01:51 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Hard to imagine us losing only 2 more games with the remaining schedule we have. I agree with you about NC State and UT... but in the scenario I gave, we would add a win over Wichita as well as a quality road win against UConn, SMU, Houston or Cincy. I also agree with 9 losses that includes a loss in the final game of the tourney would be a min requirement

Going to be tough...

But whatcha going to do.
01-27-2020 02:51 PM
Claw Online
Legend

It could go either way. Much of what happens is up to these young men. Most of them have been winners all their lives. I hope Penny drives that home as the way to keep them motivated and moving forward.

Go Tigers Go!
01-27-2020 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.