Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If Bolton testifies (and I hope he does)
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
If Bolton testifies (and I hope he does)
Bolton’s testimony will be very, VERY helpful to President Trump. And absolutely devastating to Joe Biden.

Just watch. You’ll see.
01-27-2020 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
RE: If Bolton testifies (and I hope he does)
01-27-2020 10:50 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(01-27-2020 10:37 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Bolton’s testimony will be very, VERY helpful to President Trump. And absolutely devastating to Joe Biden.

Just watch. You’ll see.

I still fail to understand why more people don't want this testimony. If it favors the Republicans, great, we can move on and Dems get egg on their face. If it favors the Dems, great, maybe this investigation had real teeth to it all along.

Hiding the people who actually know what happened from testifying is only further alienating both sides and allowing this circus to continue.
01-27-2020 11:15 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Just my personal opinion? The more the merrier. Bring ALL of them in. Put them ALL under oath. Bolton, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Nunes, Lev Parnas? By all means.

Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Adam Schiff, Eric Ciaramella, Sean Misko, Elizabeth Zentos, Alexandra Chalupa, Michael Atkinson? Yep, you’re invited subpoenaed, too. Come on down!

So yeah, if I ran the circus we’d have a long ways to go. But what will actually happen, I have no idea, except to say that the US Senate will not remove Trump from office. Trump will remain as President at least until 20th January 2021, and probably until 20th January 2025.
01-27-2020 11:26 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(01-27-2020 11:26 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Just my personal opinion? The more the merrier. Bring ALL of them in. Put them ALL under oath. Bolton, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Nunes, Lev Parnas? By all means.

Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Adam Schiff, Eric Ciaramella, Sean Misko, Elizabeth Zentos, Alexandra Chalupa, Michael Atkinson? Yep, you’re invited subpoenaed, too. Come on down!

So yeah, if I ran the circus we’d have a long ways to go. But what will actually happen, I have no idea, except to say that the US Senate will not remove Trump from office. Trump will remain as President at least until 20th January 2021, and probably until 20th January 2025.

100% in agreement.

Spotlight them all and see which rats flee from the beam. AT THE VERY LEAST maybe it'll scare some roaches further down the pipeline into less salacious unbecomings. Maybe the only way to drain a swamp is to throw some sunshine on it.
01-27-2020 11:28 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-27-2020 11:15 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(01-27-2020 10:37 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Bolton’s testimony will be very, VERY helpful to President Trump. And absolutely devastating to Joe Biden.

Just watch. You’ll see.

I still fail to understand why more people don't want this testimony.

There's nothing stopping the house from getting his testimony now. Go get it.

Just because Schiff pushed the dumpster fire over to the senate doesnt mean they have to take ownership of said dumpster fire.
01-27-2020 11:42 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Just watch. You’ll see.

I still fail to understand why more people don't want this testimony. If it favors the Republicans, great, we can move on and Dems get egg on their face. If it favors the Dems, great, maybe this investigation had real teeth to it all along.

Hiding the people who actually know what happened from testifying is only further alienating both sides and allowing this circus to continue.

Because it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt. If the defense has an alibi or exculpatory evidence that can clear them, they don't need or want to present that. Duh.
01-27-2020 11:47 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Speaking of hiding things, why is Schiff still hiding the IG's testimony?
01-27-2020 11:49 AM
umbluegray Online
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Just watch. You’ll see.

Unfortunately, the MSM works in concert with the DNC and will manipulate the message to prevent the public from knowing about the egg on their face.
01-27-2020 12:01 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
If Bolton had anything damaging to say, they'd already have his testimony. The leaks are real, the news is fake. The left has no discipline. They will keep walking right into the traps. Even if the DNC gets smart, they have no control over the Failing NY Times.
01-27-2020 12:20 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-27-2020 12:20 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  If Bolton had anything damaging to say, they'd already have his testimony. The leaks are real, the news is fake. The left has no discipline. They will keep walking right into the traps. Even if the DNC gets smart, they have no control over the Failing NY Times.

He's just trying to sell a book to stupid progressives.
01-27-2020 12:22 PM
Advertisement

EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss

Just watch. You’ll see.

it isn't really about witnesses. it's about keeping the process alive while they manufacture evidence behind the curtains.

it's the sequel to the kavanaugh confirmation hearings; they just haven't yet found the drunk chick that can't remember anything from 30 years ago, and is willing to testify to her lack of evidence.
01-27-2020 12:23 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Just watch. You’ll see.

This is a VERY naive comment for someone who has JD in their handle... I mean, I'm no lawyer, but I have a decent understanding of the process.

The dems had the opportunity to compel his testimony. The HOUSE is where such testimony should have taken place. You wonder why the Senate doesn't want to 'bend the rules' and you think they're hiding something, but don't wonder at all why Dems didn't follow the rules.

The reason is the same reason Pelosi and Biden have given... That they choose not to participate in an unjust process... The Senate is not the place for the prosecution to seek evidence.
01-27-2020 12:24 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly

Just watch. You’ll see.

That's why.
01-27-2020 12:26 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I'm not a lawyer Hambone, just play one on tv. ;}

But I also disagree with your assertion that witnesses don't belong in the senate hearing. Every other impeachment trial in our history has had witnesses at this point. I don't see why this can't continue if it can lead to a resolution.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020 12:28 PM by JDTulane.)
01-27-2020 12:27 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-27-2020 11:47 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Just watch. You’ll see.

Because it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt. If the defense has an alibi or exculpatory evidence that can clear them, they don't need or want to present that. Duh.

Wow, finally you get it. I'm amazed.
01-27-2020 12:34 PM
Advertisement

natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(01-27-2020 11:26 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Just my personal opinion? The more the merrier. Bring ALL of them in. Put them ALL under oath. Bolton, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Nunes, Lev Parnas? By all means.

With you all the way on this one.
01-27-2020 12:46 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

FWIW I found this article on Bolton not testifying for the House today.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...to-testify
01-27-2020 12:59 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
So apparently, the Times has not seen the documents. They are being told that this is what the manuscript says by "sources" within the NSC (where Vindman's brother works reviewing manuscripts). Havent we been down this road several times before only to find yet another nothing burger?
01-27-2020 01:05 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(01-27-2020 01:05 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  So apparently, the Times has not seen the documents. They are being told that this is what the manuscript says by "sources" within the NSC (where Vindman's brother works reviewing manuscripts). Havent we been down this road several times before only to find yet another nothing burger?

It has enough teeth that senate republicans are "concerned" and clutching their pearls. Collins and Romney both have cited it as reasoning for having witnesses. Either they're wrong or McConnel didn't get ahead of this in time to whip up some base talking points. So if it's a hit piece, it worked enough to muddy more waters.
01-27-2020 01:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.